PDA

View Full Version : micro t run time....

herman
2007.01.08, 09:44 PM
hi folks...

my brother and i, both picked up a micro t each...

problem is, after charging each car... run time seems a lot different...

compared to my micro, my brother's car peaks alot faster... and unfortunately cuts out a lot quicker...

anybody experience the same thing? probably we should change out the batteries of his charger....

thanks for any replies... :D

wwwes
2007.01.09, 11:19 AM
hi folks...

my brother and i, both picked up a micro t each...

problem is, after charging each car... run time seems a lot different...

compared to my micro, my brother's car peaks alot faster... and unfortunately cuts out a lot quicker...

anybody experience the same thing? probably we should change out the batteries of his charger....

thanks for any replies... :D

I had the same problem with my two mini t's

Traced it back to a charger issue. My charger would indicate a full charge in only 5 minutes when I ran the truck it would run for three minutes. Tried my buddies charger it took over ten minutes to charge the truck and my truck ran almost ten minutes once ot came off of his charger. Hope this helps.

herman
2007.01.10, 01:41 AM
so is it just the charger? or would you say that it's the batteries in the charger? thanks... :D

ph2t
2007.01.10, 05:29 PM
herman, if you can run the car dry for a few cycles and charge after each run. It can take a few runs (3-5) before the charger settles into a more standard charge.

The batteries in the charger (as long as they're fresh and not nimh's) shouldn't make the difference.

Try charging each car on the OTHER charger, that should help rule out various unkowns.

If you have a peak charger though (for your Z's) I STRONGLY reccomend you use that instead. A nimh based peak charge (that can be programmed) will breath new life into youre micro-t and provide you with nice runtimes of up to 10-12 minutes.

See this excellent thread over at rippers about charging with peak chargers and the values you should use.

http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/showthread.php?t=484

ripper's place is THE place for anything Micro-T, I suggest you check it out!

cheers,

ph2t.

herman
2007.01.11, 09:24 PM
thanks for the info... :D