PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver 04 broken contol box

Jeremy.Dunn@vir
2007.01.11, 06:46 AM
Hi Guys,

I got an iWaver 04 truck for my son for christmas, he's only used it twice and the trigger has broken on the control box. I've taken it apart by can't get it to work again. So I thought I'd just use an old two stick controller. So put the crystal in and now it will only control the car when your ery close to it (only a foot ot so) then it goes out of range. I've now tried three controllers and all do the same thing. Can anyone help?
If not does anyone want an 04 truck with no controller?

byebye
2007.01.11, 06:55 AM
when you say you tried three other controllers were they of the same frequency? I don't know your R/C background.

What is your location?

-Byebye

Jeremy.Dunn@vir
2007.01.11, 11:48 AM
The other controllers are from my old Tamiya days. I assume that the crystal altered the frequency. I now assume I'm wrong? What frequancy and I looking for?
Thanks

byebye
2007.01.11, 11:54 AM
I think you need the KT-2 since the i-wavers are reversed from the Kyosho cars and trucks.

I'm sure someone might be able to hook you up with a replacement for cheap.

-Byebye

Jeremy.Dunn@vir
2007.01.11, 12:35 PM
Thanks for this. Still not sure what frequency I need to go for. I think I'm best selling the truck and starting again. So if you know any one who want one please let me know. It's a shame because it was fun to mess around with. Jeremy

Ninja
2007.01.11, 12:59 PM
I have an old Iwaver KT-2 clone radio I can probably part with.

Jonny
2007.01.11, 01:41 PM
The other controllers are from my old Tamiya days. I assume that the crystal altered the frequency. I now assume I'm wrong? What frequancy and I looking for?
Thanks
Hi there,

As far as trying your old Tamiya compatible (Acoms etc) stick controllers - if they're AM they will work fine with your truck. I have tested this with mine. As long as you've placed the Iwaver crystal (which you have) it should work. As you say, you get the same response from all controllers so I believe you are looking at a different problem relating to the truck.

Where are you located? US, Europe?

Jonny

Ninja
2007.01.11, 01:51 PM
if it is the truck, that may be how the throttle trigger got broken to start with ;)