PDA

View Full Version : Mini-ZRacer.com Event: 1/12/2007, Ann Arbor, MI (actually Ypsilanti, MI)

hobbycar
2007.01.12, 07:52 AM
Another fun Ann Arbor Mini-Z GTG on Friday January 12, 2007. So bring your Mini-Zs, Iwavers, XMods, and Epochs, etc.

New people welcome! Everyone is friendly and helpful and we have lots of fun!

Please bring $10 to cover the cost of the race night (one fee for the whole night of practice and racing - a great value).

The event starts at 7pm and is in Ypsilanti, MI (just southeast of Ann Arbor). The address is:
4160 Morgan Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Maps Google link (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4160+Morgan+Rd,+Ypsilanti,+MI+48197&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=14&ll=42.213707,-83.672218&spn=0.04221,0.076647&iwloc=addr)

NOTE: Morgan is a dirt road between Carpenter and Michigan Ave.

4160 is behind the 4130 building and note to use the door to 4160 on the backside (southside) of the 4160 building.
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/742/TinyRC_Warehouse.jpg

------------------------------------------

We are starting HFAY OLPS Season 3!

We will be doing HFAY OLPS Season 3 Race #1 (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/PointSeries/Season3/Event1/tabid/107/Default.aspx) and Race #2 (assuming we have enough time).

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Portals/0/files/OLPS_S3_Race_1.jpg

Get your orders into http://Shop.TinyRC.com early and you can choose to pickup it up at the GTG this Friday to save on shipping costs.

Post here to let us know what time you plan to come and what time you need to leave.

-hobbycar

crazybenz
2007.01.12, 08:04 AM
I got today off, so I can be there at the start for a change!
How is the table situation? Do we still need more tables and chairs?

hobbycar
2007.01.12, 11:05 AM
I got today off, so I can be there at the start for a change!
How is the table situation? Do we still need more tables and chairs?

It's probably a good idea to bring a table and/or chair. I'm not sure what David has setup but I know he's been busy.

Hey Brad, FYI I'm going to send you an email.

-hobbycar

hobbycar
2007.01.12, 11:48 AM
Carlos, David says to ask Hippo to bring something small that can be flown inside the warehouse :D!

-hobbycar

Draconious
2007.01.12, 12:11 PM
Just dont fly it into the insulation on the side of the building... its cold enough ;)

I was thinking about showing up anyway, regardless to my broken truck, to see if I really did fix my MR02... but the new higher fee was enough to make me decide against it, I already pai 60+ for gas, and I cannot afford that due to my truck... and it pisses me off, I was gona buy all 3 pizzas this time, and get my self a 4th... cuz I got some money recently, but now that is blown on a new car and or truck repair... I was having a really good day yesterday until then...

Anyone want to buy a Ford Lightning?! Guess I will be parting the truck out on ebay... should bring me in 10-20K... in parts, it just happens to sell that way in parts...

hobbycar
2007.01.12, 12:39 PM
Just dont fly it into the insulation on the side of the building... its cold enough ;)

I was thinking about showing up anyway, regardless to my broken truck, to see if I really did fix my MR02... but the new higher fee was enough to make me decide against it, I already pai 60+ for gas, and I cannot afford that due to my truck... and it pisses me off, I was gona buy all 3 pizzas this time, and get my self a 4th... cuz I got some money recently, but now that is blown on a new car and or truck repair... I was having a really good day yesterday until then...

Anyone want to buy a Ford Lightning?! Guess I will be parting the truck out on ebay... should bring me in 10-20K... in parts, it just happens to sell that way in parts...

If you sell your truck you should get something that gets 35-40mpg (or better) so you don't have to pay so much in gas.

$5 was nice while it lasted but $10 for a full night (5-6hrs or more) of racing in a dedicated track is a very good deal.

-hobbycar

Draconious
2007.01.12, 01:35 PM
yea well seeing as I usualy only get about 5 minutes of track time the way my car runs... or breaks or shatters into a million pieces because ppl want to play TAG... I dont really want to pay more than 5$...

I was going to come, to kill 2 birds... I wanted to hit teh 2 Toys R Us that I pass on the way there... to find some things to sell on ebay. I recently sold some 60$ items for 200$ on ebay... and I want to do it again LOL. (why I was gona buy the pizza)

And Right now I am tempted to buy another lightning... some guy wants to sell one that has been sitting in a garage under a blanket in a store room in his collectiion in lansing... for 12,000 has under 10k miles on it ;).

I am going to sell my L in parts... usualy they bring in 10-20k in parts.. after they get wrecked... the fog lights alone are 300$ for the pair... so who knows...

arch2b
2007.01.12, 01:44 PM
considering your income restrictions and commitments to school, etc. i don't see another gas hog as a good investment? then again, neither is a 250hp cooper that i want :rolleyes:

Draconious
2007.01.12, 01:47 PM
I was actualy thinking of replacing my Truck with a mini cooper LOL...... but when I goto the web site to customize it it starts out cheap, but winds up 30,000$ ;) lol... I want to put the AWD mod on a cooper so bad...

arch2b
2007.01.12, 01:50 PM
continued off topic.....

one important plus to the cooper is it's rated the highest for retaining retail value.

crazybenz
2007.01.12, 02:02 PM
I think I may have to check out the Cooper site. I had no idea you could get one with 250 hp... and get one awd too!?!
sweet

Draconious
2007.01.12, 02:06 PM
AWD is just prototype... and the prototype had 650HP ;)
http://www.motoringfile.com/2004/11/09/more_info_on_the_all-wheel_drive_mini

There is a second prototype AWD that is HYBRID-ELectric
http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=14903&ref=archive

I would take either one ;)

I know we can do a group buy and import them ;) LOL!!!!

hobbycar
2007.01.12, 03:16 PM
The tentative schedule for tonight:

7:00pm Setup HFAY OLPS Track for Event/Race1:
7:00-8:00pm Check-in, Register in Core, Practice
8:00-9:15pm Qualify
9:30-10:15pm HFAY OLPS Race 1
10:15-11:30pm Switch Core for Race2, Open Practice
11:30-12:15pm HFAY OLPS Race 2

Then assuming we have time:
Setup Large Track
Open Practice
Quick Qualify
Race Large Track

Look forward to it.

-hobbycar

Draconious
2007.01.12, 04:00 PM
ok my reply disapeared, I said I was packing my Z crap up... bringin my unopened AWD as a backup car...

I would be more willing to pay the 10$ if maybe david had some sort of "game" were the car that suffers the most damage for the day gets free tires or a prize... or a random draw...

Endo
2007.01.14, 08:37 AM
Just like to say that I had a great time on Friday night. Thanks to everyone that helped me out getting my car ready. There is a great core group of people that are here and hope to make all the races the rest of the season.

I just need to run my mains before midnight and I would probably do a little better. :p

arch2b
2007.01.14, 09:09 AM
ok my reply disapeared, I said I was packing my Z crap up... bringin my unopened AWD as a backup car...

I would be more willing to pay the 10$ if maybe david had some sort of "game" were the car that suffers the most damage for the day gets free tires or a prize... or a random draw...
you either pay the money to enjoy the time or don't go. it just comes across like your always looking to get something out of it.

i don't know of any club that has to give door prizes to get people to come.

hobbycar
2007.01.14, 12:59 PM
Just like to say that I had a great time on Friday night. Thanks to everyone that helped me out getting my car ready. There is a great core group of people that are here and hope to make all the races the rest of the season.

I just need to run my mains before midnight and I would probably do a little better. :p

Endo, it was great having you out at the AA GTG.

Yeah, I have found that my strategy for racing after midnight as my vision blurs and I see 3 of my cars is to steer the middle car around the track :D

-hobbycar

Endo
2007.01.14, 03:38 PM
LOL...I'll try that next time!

will3kgt
2007.01.15, 11:11 AM
I had a great time as always. Good to see Endo out again. Nice to meet Carlos and his friend. (forgot his name.) Can't wait for the next GTG.

hobbycar
2007.01.15, 12:21 PM
Carlos, here are the Ferrari Bodies coming out soon (maybe in the next couple months?):

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/742/MR-02_Ferrari_360_GTC_Scuderia_Ecosse.jpg

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/742/MR-02_Ferrari_575_GTC_GPC_Sport.jpg

-hobbycar

svt-racer
2007.01.16, 12:09 AM
Very nice bodies. I like them. I will have to get at least the 360.
I too enjoyed racing with you guys. I am searching for the Futaba AM module. I will be retrofitting my radio with the module so I can race my mini z with my favorite radio. Hopefully by next race I will have the ball differential installed in the car.

Looking forward to the next race.

onrailz
2007.01.16, 07:59 AM
Very nice bodies. I like them. I will have to get at least the 360.
I too enjoyed racing with you guys. I am searching for the Futaba AM module. I will be retrofitting my radio with the module so I can race my mini z with my favorite radio. Hopefully by next race I will have the ball differential installed in the car.

Looking forward to the next race.

Thanks to all the new racers who came out, hopefully we got you hooked! Sorry for the late night but with all the car building going on there was really no other way. Next time (Jan 26th right?) we will try to stick to captain Normans race schedule! Then we'll have the all important time to play afterwards.

Side note-
I drove out to Will's home town of Grand Blanc to look at a car last night and now have a new respect for how much driving he has done in the past year to get to all of these GTG's. To top it off, I've never heard him complain about it once. Thanks again Will.

Endo
2007.01.16, 04:54 PM
Ya I thought that was a misprint.

And then we sent him to get pizza!

will3kgt
2007.01.16, 05:15 PM
Don't thank me I thank all of you. Since I've started racing with you guys, I've learned more in 1 year than all my years of racing. I truely couldn't find a better group to race with. I'm a better racer because of the MINI-Z DOJO! :D
It's well worth the drive and I never mind getting the pizza...By the way, my project is almost complete..I found a 75Mhz receiver that's the size of a penny!...Peace out! See you guys on the 26th.

crazybenz
2007.01.17, 11:29 AM
I thought it was cool to see and race with Endo, well watch you in the A main.... what a way to bust into the new season! and SVT and your friend. I'm thinking this will be a great season 3.

Have any of you guys made it up to the auto show? They had some cool grand prix cars up there. I took a few snaps.

svt-racer
2007.01.18, 10:50 PM
Just a quick question, who updates the points at the HFAY website based on the events as they occur? What about videos and pictures of the 1st GTG we had at the track? I am planning on bringing my camera next time and take a bunch of pics including more videos.

I just ordered the AM module for my Futaba radio. I am hoping it will be here on time for the 26th. Otherwise, I may have to borrow the same radio again.
My buddy Dan is looking forward to the next GTG and race. Lets hope we can now start "earlier".

hobbycar
2007.01.19, 09:38 AM
Just a quick question, who updates the points at the HFAY website based on the events as they occur? What about videos and pictures of the 1st GTG we had at the track? I am planning on bringing my camera next time and take a bunch of pics including more videos.

I just ordered the AM module for my Futaba radio. I am hoping it will be here on time for the 26th. Otherwise, I may have to borrow the same radio again.
My buddy Dan is looking forward to the next GTG and race. Lets hope we can now start "earlier".

briankstan (part of the Salt-Lake Mini-Z club) is in charge of updating the points and hfay.tinyrc.com website at the beginning of every month (every club must get their results in before the 1st of the following month).

For our Ann Arbor club, I have been serving as judge, collecting all of the results, sending them into briankstan. Also I have been posting the videos of our races online (this is not required for HFAY but I've been doing it to share our races with everyone around the world :)).

Important Links:
How Fast Are You (HFAY) website (http://hfay.tinyrc.com)
HFAY OLPS sub forum (here on Mini-ZRacer.com) (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
HFAY OLPS Ann Arbor race videos (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22484)

Good to hear about the AM module. I really like using my M8 over the stock controller. I'm sure you'll feel the same with your trusted Futaba.

-hobbycar

svt-racer
2007.01.22, 06:34 PM
Very quiet forum! What is going on! Anybody up for some racing??? I can't wait until Friday.

Still waiting for the AM Module. I was able to setup the Mini-T radio for the Mini-Z for the time being. It will be nice to dial the expo on the Futaba radio when I get my AM module. I have tried practicing in the basement, but even with the 20 degree tires, it is too slick for painted concrete floors. I may have to get a couple of those RCP tracks setup in the basement and practice! LOL!

See you all on Friday!

svt-racer
2007.01.22, 06:48 PM
By the way, anybody interested in this kind of vehicle for the RCP tracks, at least the big layout tracks?

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=227961&page=1&pp=25

Mazda787b
2007.01.22, 08:19 PM
Hey guys, nice new location. How has everyone been?

I am doing this 1/18 build-off for Techno. Would you guys mind if I came up there and hung out for a couple hours to shakedown the car? I don't really expect to race (unless others still have M18s), just get some basic feel for the car before I submit pics, and send the car to Techno for the build-off. Winner (by popular vote) gets an MRS4.

I see the times. do you guys really finish about midnight? If so, I should finally be able to swing that.

Ohh Drac, if you are actually looking for an inexpensive, reliable car with good MPG, I am looking to sell my Neon soon. I am looking at something bigger (Cherokee).

Glad to talk to you guys again,

Ryan

Hippo
2007.01.23, 01:20 AM
I'm planning to come. Found my way to this forum... I had a great time last time. I'll be trying to order a bearing set and some heat sinks for my MA-010 ... If I order the wrong thing, somebody just set me straight at the time.

I also picked up a Micro-T, it just looked like too much fun. BTW, the Micro-T's now come with an extra set of steering links, looks like they're made from lexan. Guess they saw the light...

See Ya,
-Dan

P.S. The kid at Rider's told me to tell everybody that they've got like 20 in stock right now...

crazybenz
2007.01.23, 10:31 AM
I just called them and am leaving right now to get one of those micro t's. they seem too cool and the price is right!

sweet