PDA

View Full Version : New guy with new miniz

willus
2007.01.17, 02:09 PM
Hi

Just thought i'd post a message about my new miniz. I'm obviously overcome with joy and utter satisfaction after purchasing a miniz AWD(white skyline)and need to share my thoughts.

I bought an Xmod h2 hummer last month and loved it. Sadly, the more work i put into it with various upgrades, the more frustrated i got. The steering is still pretty bad but i does go fast and survives crashing into walls fine. I give it points for toughness.

So, I hopped online and started reading up about mini RCs in general on various forums and started to become really interested in the mini Z. I'm very familiar with the Kyosho brand(my bro and I had 5 tamiya RCs and 1 Kyosho nitro between us when we were younger) and settled on the AWD model.

I just received the car about an hour ago and am blown away by the stock performance. It's a *real* RC. I still like the H2 xmod for what it is - a blank canvas with which I can do whatever I want - but this mini z is so great. So happy with it. My cat is happy too! with the H2 he had no idea where it was gonna go but with the awd I can actually drive.

Anyway, i just thought I'd drop in and share my initial impressions. heh heh. This forums seems like to most informative one I've found. Glad there's still some interest in mini RCs.

will

monkey19
2007.01.17, 02:39 PM
welcome :)

Spoon
2007.01.17, 03:20 PM
A second welcome to the forums.

There is so much information here it's rediculous. If you have a question and can't find the answer through the search, feel free to ask.

One of the best things about the Mini-Z is that it is in fact a "real rc" and you can race it as such. If you put your location in your profile, or even better add your location to the "Mini-Z Around the World" link in my signature, it might make it easier to find a local club to race with.

Alright, enough of my propaganda. Welcome and enjoy.

willus
2007.01.17, 04:06 PM
I forgot to fill out my profile...

I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

thanks

will

bolter9
2007.01.17, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the forums- best place on the web for mini z!

Glad you're having fun with the AWD- Kyosho should pay Radio Shack a commission for every xmod owner who moves on to mini z :)

Spoon
2007.01.17, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the forums- best place on the web for mini z!

Glad you're having fun with the AWD- Kyosho should pay Radio Shack a commission for every xmod owner who moves on to mini z :)

or every Zip Zap owner that transitions...That's how it happened to me.

lfisminiz
2007.01.17, 08:25 PM
Zipzaps to mini-z for me too!! :D

willus
2007.01.17, 09:13 PM
hehe.. Radio Shack is an Enabler.

Been running my car most of the night on my hardwood floors. so good!

I guess I'll see if I can make it out to Staten Island one of these days... too bad i missed the canal street track. That would have been perfect.

Draconious
2007.01.17, 10:22 PM
Kyosho needs to find a way to cut a deal to get the Mini-Z sold at JunkShacks ;)

FrankW1029
2007.01.28, 11:14 PM
moved from xmods to mini-z as well. :D

willus
2007.01.29, 12:59 AM
hah. yeah. it's been a pretty weird week with my mini. I've gotten RC-Fever! Gonna head back to my parent's house and grab some of my old RC stuff. Have some vintage tamiyas(Grasshopper/Blackfoot/Bruiser) begging to be driven around.

Mazda787b
2007.01.29, 01:12 AM
I'm intrested in the Bruiser if you wanna sell. :D

willus
2007.01.29, 09:47 AM
haha. the Bruiser isn't going anywhere. That's a keeper if ya know what i mean.

monkey19
2007.01.29, 01:15 PM
I forgot to fill out my profile...

I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

thanks

will

Willus have you ever checked out action RC in Staten Island?

willus
2007.01.29, 02:03 PM
Not yet, Monkey... i'd like to tho. I don't drive so I'm at the mercy of Public Transportation. What do I take after I get off the ferry in SI? Bus or Train?

FrankW1029
2007.01.29, 02:52 PM
hah. yeah. it's been a pretty weird week with my mini. I've gotten RC-Fever! Gonna head back to my parent's house and grab some of my old RC stuff. Have some vintage tamiyas(Grasshopper/Blackfoot/Bruiser) begging to be driven around.

i have the Supershot from my uncle and my own original Manta Ray with CF chassi in my garage somewhere. :)