PDA

View Full Version : Audi Dtm Bodies

lfisminiz
2007.01.22, 09:58 PM
Tim, whats the story with these bodies. Heard they were delayed.

arch2b
2007.01.22, 10:43 PM
it seems only for the u.s. market too as these are already for sale overseas.

Tim Johnson
2007.01.23, 01:10 AM
it seems only for the u.s. market too as these are already for sale overseas.

red bull is the only one delayed.

HaCo
2007.01.23, 03:16 AM
red bull is the only one delayed.

It got wings and flied away... :D :D :D

techno
2007.01.23, 08:41 AM
Warning early morning late night rant in progress Grrrr.... we are slighted here in the USA by Kyosho Im sure they know dang well we would buy almost all they would put out on the race colors

So....when will we quit getting the very short end of the stick on autoscale availability? c'mon I have like 50 ready sets because either that I was just a day late they sold out and the store or Kyosho never restocked
Why does it seem that we get sent the left-overs I.E. the Audi tt and the z8 that you can find anywhere

Im a collector of these dang cars it makes me mad that they either
Re-release the older cars like the lancia and the Subaru wrx the ae86,bug and many more in very small spurts

Another thing while I'm on a rant why are the monster autoscaleís so dang high? 40.00 and it donít even come with a dummy chassis or tires or case
And the F1 maybe because of the license you cant get away from it. but just for the front and rear wings 20.00 each thats steep

Have you ever had skylines never sell out or supras 350z and im sure the list can go on. I see a few nsx's around not many
I really want mini-z to keep on going and possibly grow my investment depends on it

Can you use this sight and others to gauge the interest in new bodies and order from that?
I donít even know where we rate in world sales we must have a good sized chunk? or is it that we are forced to buy from over seas which will dilute your figures ?

Can we request some of the Japan only stuff? Like initial D ectÖ

arch2b
2007.01.23, 08:53 AM
in tim's defense, i have not seen the red bull for sale in japan yet either. only the red/silver one. also, it's apparent that k.us.a. does not get the same info k.jpn releases and definately not at the same time. it must be equallly frustrating for tim to have to dig thru thier own co. to get information that has already been released in other markets.

innitial d does make it over here. surprising or not, they don't seem to be hot sellers as drifting is still a niche sport. mini-z i believe has all of them, maybe not listed though. as usual, submit a support ticket to inquire about any aoshima bodies as well. i would like to see new initial d bodies, maybe from project d;)

techno does bring up a valid point however, we do seem to miss out on several things simply do to our market. ie; the 3010 fet rtr's, limited release autoscales, etc.

i do want to thank tim for getting those trade show limited edition bodies over here though. i do not know they would have been availabe had tim not looked into it. i already have the union jack cooper and have the chrome calsonic on hold for me here:)

techno
2007.01.23, 09:25 AM
its not really tim bashing I just really want them to know we love the mini-z autoscales and want them to share the wealth in japan here!
also a few ads here and there would not hurt

Tim Johnson
2007.01.23, 01:10 PM
I love the fact that you like the Mini-z's alot. Myself as well enjoy Mini-z's. I do everything I can to get Mini-z's here in the US. Come February and beyond, more and more Mini-Zs will be coming. I work very hard in the shadows for the mini-z community. So much that people hate me LOL.......

I see alot of great Bodies comming soon :) Keep your eye out, and get your pre order in early :)

briankstan
2007.01.23, 01:34 PM
I see alot of great Bodies comming soon :) Keep your eye out, and get your pre order in early :)

I might be reading alot into this last comment, but does that mean there is going to be a limited supply? hopefully not.

Tim Johnson
2007.01.23, 01:38 PM
I might be reading alot into this last comment, but does that mean there is going to be a limited supply? hopefully not.

LOL............................................... ..................................................

I am just asking you guys to get your pre orders in early :) Nothing more nothing less :) Like I stated before, February and beyond Mini-Zs will have alot of great bodies comming :)

briankstan
2007.01.23, 01:56 PM
LOL............................................... ..................................................

I am just asking you guys to get your pre orders in early :) Nothing more nothing less :) Like I stated before, February and beyond Mini-Zs will have alot of great bodies comming :)

will do... ;) :D

looks like my collection can expect to keep growing with all these new cool bodies coming out.

arch2b
2007.02.05, 08:46 AM
tim,
when will the white/unpainted bodies for the Kyosho Mini-Z Audi DTM 2005 Sports Team MR-02 RM be available?

is there a typical rule of thumb for autoscale release and the white/unpainted body follow up? this could be helpful for determining when other bodies like the sc340 will become available

FrankW1029
2007.02.08, 06:40 PM
the Red Bull is delayed because I heard Red Bull found something they didn't like in the details of the graphic on the car, so kyosho had to recall all of them.

BUT I care more about when will the WRC and the Special Champion edition Delta HF integrale will be released in the US. and I haven't even seen the white R32 N1 autoscale been available in the states. :mad:

Tim Johnson
2007.02.08, 06:56 PM
the Red Bull is delayed because I heard Red Bull found something they didn't like in the details of the graphic on the car, so kyosho had to recall all of them.

BUT I care more about when will the WRC and the Special Champion edition Delta HF integrale will be released in the US. and I haven't even seen the white R32 N1 autoscale been available in the states. :mad:

LOL...I am interested in how you got that kind of information?....I find it kind of odd.....

FrankW1029
2007.02.08, 07:01 PM
japanese and taiwanese enthusasist sites on Mini-Z. :) just rumors anyways. I don't think kyosho would trash all the ones already made.

arch2b
2007.02.08, 07:01 PM
websites like kyohso.de and kyosho.fr routinely put out information days, weeks and even months before other places get it. forget kyosho.us, that site seems to get forgotten. i would imagine that rumour and information is gleaned just as quick from those places. i'm not saying it's factual... but if you want the scoop on kyosho news, the last place you look is any kyohso usa site. :( i wish that wasn't the case but....

arch2b
2007.02.08, 07:03 PM
bad news, the dtm audi is not awd friendly. it has the same front end clearance issues as the jgtc 350z. it also sits oddly high in the rear

FrankW1029
2007.02.08, 07:13 PM
arch2b, did you pick up one already?

i'm still waiting for kenon to stock them. :(

arch2b
2007.02.08, 07:19 PM
yes.
i even shaved down the light buckets.... this picture is of +2.5mm offset. +3.5mm will still fit but it's just undrivable due to tire rub.
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/992/medium/IMG_1153.JPG
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/992/medium/IMG_1154.JPG

i don't expect going down to +1.5mm would make this go away.

here is the oddly high rear end
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/992/medium/IMG_1144.JPG

i do have the front lowered a tad but you would still have the problem if ti were not.
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/992/medium/IMG_1145.JPG

supafastsupra2
2007.02.08, 07:55 PM
yep i had the same problem w/ my AWD, so now its a Shelfer unless i decide to run the mr02 @ 94mm MM :(

imxlr8ed
2007.02.08, 08:25 PM
Crack the back clips out and gluestick them back into the body in a higher position maybe ? This won't help the front issues though. A dremel and a lack of enthusiasm about aesthetics should do the trick ! ;)

Could just pop the lights out and blackout the lenses, I'd back it up with a good helping of Liquid Nails too.

Tim Johnson
2007.02.08, 08:30 PM
If you run Kyosho rims and Kyosho radial tires, you will only need to add 1 shim to to the front to limit the travel. I had to shave the clear plastic nipple on the left side of the car, and on the right i had to shave just a bit off of the crome part of the light

Arch, it looks like you are running foams? like the GRP foams maybe? I am thinking if you shave them down a bit you can get the clearance you need, as well as gain some handling.

here is a pic of my car. It really does not sit much different on a MR02 or AWD.

THIS IS ON MR-02 CHASSIS
http://www.jrxs.com/kyosho/MR-02.jpg

THIS IS ON THE AWD CHASSIS
http://www.jrxs.com/kyosho/AWD.jpg

bobbyz
2007.02.08, 08:55 PM
does the rear end sit high on the mr02 chassis too, or just when you put this body on the awd chassis?

thanks

Tim Johnson
2007.02.08, 10:52 PM
does the rear end sit high on the mr02 chassis too, or just when you put this body on the awd chassis?

thanks

it sits about the same...It is a little higher on the AWD, but not much. Pics posted above :)

FrankW1029
2007.02.09, 02:40 AM
dang that's sitting high...:(

arch2b
2007.02.09, 06:06 AM
the tires i have are worn down rubber. i could try a brand that is thinner in in thickness and width. i already shaved a good deal of the chrome light buckets and it did not help much.

this like my jgtc350z will go back to the autoscale box. i have anohter jgtc skyline coming and those have tons of room for any offset.

madf1man
2007.02.09, 08:27 AM
Why not take the lights out if thats the only issue?

arch2b
2007.02.09, 08:59 AM
that would not solve the issue 100% in my opinion. i did that with my jgtc 350z only to still have rubbing on the body at full suspension compression near and at full lock turning. the audi in my opinion has even less room do to the way the body slopes. if you loko at a side picture close up, the slope of the hood is in the same plane as the wheel opening if that makes any sense. these is just no extra material to remove.

i was actually surprised that you could fit +3.5 offset up front and +2 offset in the rear though. +2.5 will be a better fit up front though and give you a bit of tuck in to keep the tires from pulling off.

Tim Johnson
2007.02.09, 09:06 AM
that would not solve the issue 100% in my opinion. i did that with my jgtc 350z only to still have rubbing on the body at full suspension compression near and at full lock turning. the audi in my opinion has even less room do to the way the body slopes. if you loko at a side picture close up, the slope of the hood is in the same plane as the wheel opening if that makes any sense. these is just no extra material to remove.

i was actually surprised that you could fit +3.5 offset up front and +3 offset in the rear though. +2.5 will be a better fit up front though and give you a bit of tuck in to keep the tires from pulling off.

as far as i can tell the only thing that rubs is the head lights, at lock to lock. am I missing somthing else Arch?

arch2b
2007.02.09, 09:16 AM
i get tire rub at the inside of the fender curve at the top corner of the headlight area as well. more so to one side than another. if i went down to +1.5 offset and thinner tires it may go away but then it's taking away from the performance aspect which is just not worth it. i prefer a +2.5 or +3.5 setup. removing the light buckets would certainly be the easy way to fix the problem for most with narrow offsets.

i'm not saying the audi is not a great car, it's beautiful to look at as well. it's just not the fit i was hoping for, much like my jgtc 350z.

Tim Johnson
2007.02.09, 11:37 AM
I agree with you Arch. I was just hoping that we could get a good solution out of this, and help provide help for others :)

arch2b
2007.02.09, 11:59 AM
i truely appreciate your efforts to do so :) i hope others did not assume i ment it is not drivable. it most certainly is, it just has a some fitment issues as bodies do sometimes.

to wrap up with what tim is saying, you can do any of the following to reduce the potential for tire rub:
-use +2.5mm offset or less for the front wheels
-use narrow and thin rubber tires
-shave the light buckets as needed, remove them if necessary
-tim also mentioned using shims

for the body ride height, you can:
-remove the body clips and place them 1-2mm higher.

byebye
2007.02.09, 01:35 PM
Here is my JGTC 350z
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/718/medium/P1010384.JPG

You just have to make it look good ;)

And the MR-02 that Tim is displaying is a display chassis not an actuall MR-02 chassis. The display chassis do not show actual fitment.

-Byebye

arch2b
2007.03.06, 07:59 PM
btw, just say this on ebay tonight

Tweaksalot
2007.03.10, 03:05 PM
me too! im soo tempted! when are they comin over here??!?!

Tim Johnson
2007.03.10, 04:10 PM
me too! im soo tempted! when are they comin over here??!?!

End of this month.

Just so everyone knows, if you check the thread call New for 2007, it will have release dates for ASC and Readysets. :)

soulstice
2007.03.10, 06:07 PM
Hrmmm. I guess this is why i couldn't drive my Audi AWD today. Never thought about the body rubbing against the wheels. I guess I should have asked one of you guys at the GTG.