PDA

View Full Version : wobbly wheels.

bdreeft
2007.01.22, 09:29 PM
got a problem on my lit. seemed like the rear axle was bent and wobbly, but it is actually the way the wheel sits on the axle. there is some play that allows the wheel to sit uncentered (yes, the wheel nut was snug). i don't have bearings on it, but i think the problem is where the slot on the axle meets the wheel. anyone making a tighter tolerance wheel(aluminum) that sits balanced on the axle better. thanks b

marc
2007.01.23, 01:40 PM
Tagu I think makes aluminum wheels for the Lit. Also, the way I understand it, doesn't the outter hub snap on to the inner hub which is bolted onto the axle? Perhaps that's out of alignment. As I don't have a Lit yet, I'm only speculating.

bdreeft
2007.01.25, 04:40 PM
Tagu I think makes aluminum wheels for the Lit. Also, the way I understand it, doesn't the outter hub snap on to the inner hub which is bolted onto the axle? Perhaps that's out of alignment. As I don't have a Lit yet, I'm only speculating.

yeah, specifically what i mean is the inner hub that connects to the axle.

a one piece inner/outer/wheel is what i am looking for. i'll try to look for the tagu one. do you rememebr where you saw it? i refuse to play with the lit until i get it settled.

thanks b

marc
2007.01.25, 04:43 PM
I've seen it posed elsewhere under one of the Lit threads. Not sure how their wheel is designed though. I don't know if they have a one peice, or if theirs is just the outer peice. Anybody else knows? I just got myselfe the original Mini Cooper Lit and I hope I don't expereince the wibbly, wobbly wheel.

bdreeft
2007.01.25, 04:59 PM
I've seen it posed elsewhere under one of the Lit threads. Not sure how their wheel is designed though. I don't know if they have a one peice, or if theirs is just the outer peice. Anybody else knows? I just got myselfe the original Mini Cooper Lit and I hope I don't expereince the wibbly, wobbly wheel.

okay. i saw the picture of the tagu wheels. it is the outside only which is useless to me.

yeah, my mini cooper was fine for about a minute, then after driving over a small piece of foam, the rear started to hop. i held the car upside down and gunned it and could easily see that one side had a unbalanced wheel(not just tire). so i need to grab the wheel and twist it straight and it is balanced again. no it is not the way the outer sits on the inner hub either. so maybe just an alum inner hub would be nice so i can still use the original mini cooper wheels.

b

bdreeft
2007.01.26, 01:20 PM
just to clarify more. it is only the side opposite the diff gear that has the problem. the diff gear side is really good.

b

marc
2007.01.26, 02:17 PM
I just got my Lit today! And so far, I don't notice a wobbly wheel. But have not run it yet.

marc
2007.01.26, 09:05 PM
Ran my Lit today, and I saw no wibbly wobbly wheel. Perhaps you got a defected one. Bumber...........