Hobby Mart
11235 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076
(770) 740-2915

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 1:00pm

Available Practice Times (normal shop hours)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tues - Fri 10:30am - 7:00pm
Sat (non-race day) - 10:30am - 4:00pm
Sat (race day) 10:30am to start of races

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each. This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- RCP Track (2 wide L's).
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

AtlRC
2007.01.29, 01:52 PM
I finally got my 010! I have the White Nissan GT-R R34. I may put a few stripes and decals on it. For this race, I will only have upgraded from bushings to bearings, screws, tires, and motor. I couldn't find anyone that had the Atomic SAS rear end in stock. I'll have to order more parts later.

See ya'll Saturday!

pinoyboy
2007.01.29, 03:40 PM
Thats awesome! You can piece a SAS together from the shop here. The main parts you need are:
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 Suspension Arm System (SAS) Set
TRCID: ATO-AWD128
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 SAS Toe In - 2°
TRCID: ATO-AWD130
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 SAS Screw Set
TRCID: ATO-AWD136
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 SAS Camber - 2°
TRCID: ATO-AWD133
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 SAS Adjust Shock - 2PCS
TRCID: ATO-AWD135

I think thats about it. Just search SAS on the shop here, and you should see those parts listed.

Also if you need springs, I've got the silver and orange SAS springs that you can use or the stock 0 degree toe and camber. I also have -1 degree toe in for the rear.

The only thing I ask is if you do plan on piecing it together from the shop here and you want to have my springs or my other parts, if you could add the red SAS springs to your order. I think if you order by tomorrow, you should be able to get the SAS before saturday.

Also, Kevin, any luck with getting an mr-02?

wsaenotsock
2007.01.29, 08:16 PM
Yup, I bought glenbo's MR-02. He shipped it out today so I should get it probably Wednesday. Do you have more transponders Patrick? I'll probably just buy another one so I don't have to do the switch game.

AtlRC
2007.01.29, 09:26 PM
Yup, I bought glenbo's MR-02. He shipped it out today so I should get it probably Wednesday. Do you have more transponders Patrick? I'll probably just buy another one so I don't have to do the switch game.

Cool... our classes are growing! Yes I have more transponders too.

Pinoyboy - Are you sure those are all of the exact parts for the SAS package?

pinoyboy
2007.01.29, 09:49 PM
Cool... our classes are growing! Yes I have more transponders too.

Pinoyboy - Are you sure those are all of the exact parts for the SAS package?

I'm pretty sure it is. Check this picture on atomic's site
http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules/news/article.php?storyid=209
The only thing missing in the pic of the unassembled SAS is the screw set. Everything else in that pic, the shop here has them in stock sold individually. So I think you should be good to go.

If you get the red springs, I'll have the silver, orange, and blue springs for you to try out along with the other parts I mentioned earlier

Shaun
2007.01.30, 01:26 PM
Good news guys! I'll get to race with you this week. Our 1/10 carpet racing won't be held this weekend. I need all the track time I can get before we go to Orlando. Running Z's will be great.
Now I have to go blow the dust of my Mini-Z! :) I'll run my MR-02 in the Stock class. Can't wait to see all the AWD's in action!

See everyone Saturday. Jeff are you going to race Z's on Saturday?

AtlRC
2007.01.30, 01:30 PM
Good news guys! I'll get to race with you this week. Our 1/10 carpet racing won't be held this weekend. I need all the track time I can get before we go to Orlando. Running Z's will be great.
Now I have to go blow the dust of my Mini-Z! :) I'll run my MR-02 in the Stock class. Can't wait to see all the AWD's in action!

See everyone Saturday. Jeff are you going to race Z's on Saturday?

Cool! We'll be glad to see you again! You can run your stock car in open class too (more track time). I ran mine and did pretty well, but of course this week I'll have my AWD :D .

See you Saturday.

Shaun
2007.01.30, 01:41 PM
It's going to be hard to watch all the AWD's without wanting to go buy one!!

How is the track set-up? Same layout as before?

AtlRC
2007.01.30, 01:44 PM
It's going to be hard to watch all the AWD's without wanting to go buy one!!

How is the track set-up? Same layout as before?

With any luck, Miguel will have an extra one there to buy. ;)

Track is currently the same. Since this is our 3rd race of the season, I think we should change it immediately after this race. It will then be available for practice until the next race.

pinoyboy
2007.01.30, 01:45 PM
Hey Shaun, glad you'll be able to race this week! Right now were still on the same track setup. Also, I haven't forgotten about your RC18. If I can get some things sold, I might be able to give you a reasonable offer.

Shaun
2007.01.30, 02:25 PM
Hey Shaun, glad you'll be able to race this week! Right now were still on the same track setup. Also, I haven't forgotten about your RC18. If I can get some things sold, I might be able to give you a reasonable offer.

No hurry Hank. Whenever you're ready. Just let me know.

Who's going to run the stock class?

AtlRC
2007.01.30, 03:46 PM
No hurry Hank. Whenever you're ready. Just let me know.

Who's going to run the stock class?

So far it looks like everyone will be able to run Stock class... and we'll have at least 4 (if everyone shows up, and you run too) for Open class.

Shaun
2007.01.30, 04:57 PM
Are you going to run AWD's in the stock class or keep them in the open class?

AtlRC
2007.01.30, 05:16 PM
Are you going to run AWD's in the stock class or keep them in the open class?

They will be running in open class. You can run them in stock, but you must use the stock Kyosho motor and I don't believe the AWD with the stock motor can keep up with the 2WD's (as I believe Kevin can attest to).

ChattavegasSE
2007.01.30, 05:36 PM
Who would run in the mod class? The only good motor I've got (right now) is a PN Speed '05 motor. My stock motor locked up and I threw it away. :p

Shaun
2007.01.30, 05:45 PM
I think Patrick, Hank, Kevin and Jeff will run AWD's in the open class. Not sure if anyone else will run 2WD's in the open class.

I was planning on running stock only, but I might try the open class too! We'll see.

ChattavegasSE
2007.01.30, 06:05 PM
Shucks, so they'll run mod motors in the AWD's? I might give it a shot anyway. :o

Shaun
2007.01.30, 07:49 PM
Shucks, so they'll run mod motors in the AWD's? I might give it a shot anyway. :o

Come on Eric, get all the CRC racers together and come on down!
I've even got a red Atomic RM pod you can use or buy if you like.

Hope you can make it Saturday.

ChattavegasSE
2007.01.30, 07:57 PM
Aw, I can't get them to do anything! :D Which motor pod is it?

Shaun
2007.01.30, 08:43 PM
Aw, I can't get them to do anything! :D Which motor pod is it?

Not sure about the model number. Here's a picture of it.

ChattavegasSE
2007.01.30, 08:47 PM
I think that one has a longer wheelbase than what I bought; but I think it's still too short. Bring it, maybe it's what I need. Now, I'm not saying I'll definitly be there, but I'll definitly try to be there. ;)

Shaun
2007.01.30, 08:59 PM
This pod with a standard RM H-Plate gives you a 94mm wheelbase.

I'll bring it for you.

ChattavegasSE
2007.01.30, 09:55 PM
I think that's what I need! (I think) :D

wsaenotsock
2007.01.30, 11:50 PM
They will be running in open class. You can run them in stock, but you must use the stock Kyosho motor and I don't believe the AWD with the stock motor can keep up with the 2WD's (as I believe Kevin can attest to).

I have no idea why my stock motor ran so hot. I'd like to see another AWD with a stock motor run just see if I had a bum motor. Running the Speedy motor in open is what makes it fun (and a challenge).

I'll try to get there early to dial in the 02 as much as possible. Another Enzo to mix it up with. :)

Shaun
2007.01.31, 10:44 AM
Do you still have the stock motor you ran in your AWD? Have you ran that stock motor in your MR-02?

wsaenotsock
2007.01.31, 12:37 PM
Yeah it sitting in my pit box. I haven't received my 02 yet, I bought it used but I think he said he still had the stock motor for it. I can try both and see what the difference is.

AtlRC
2007.01.31, 09:23 PM
I have 3 "mod" (non-Kyosho stock) motors, one of which I want to put in my 010. Who can tell me which are compatible with the 010 FETs (if any)?

The motors are:
- An IWaver Pro
- A 3 Racing "Speed Motor"
- An Atomic "Stock" motor

I believe the Atomic "Stock" is fine since if I remember correctly, I was running it in my MR02 with stock FETs. One of the other motors burned out the FETs in my MR02 last year :( ... but I don't remember which.

Anybody know?

pinoyboy
2007.01.31, 09:38 PM
I have 3 "mod" (non-Kyosho stock) motors, one of which I want to put in my 010. Who can tell me which are compatible with the 010 FETs (if any)?

The motors are:
- An IWaver Pro
- A 3 Racing "Speed Motor"
- An Atomic "Stock" motor

I believe the Atomic "Stock" is fine since if I remember correctly, I was running it in my MR02 with stock FETs. One of the other motors burned out the FETs in my MR02 last year :( ... but I don't remember which.

Anybody know?

I think the IWaver Pro motor probably burned out your fets. Most of the stock fet safe motors are 43-47 turn armatures, but the Iwaver motor is below 30 turns :eek:

ChattavegasSE
2007.01.31, 09:43 PM
Yeah, the IW Pro is a really hot motor. The IW Stock and Plus motor are both stock FET safe.

AtlRC
2007.01.31, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the I-Waver motor that burned em up.

Thanks guys.

Shaun
2007.02.01, 10:59 AM
Anyone got any ideas for a different track layout? Here are three different layout ideas we can make without adding any additional tiles.

We'll come up with a final design and plan to change it after the races are over Saturday.

hpgod
2007.02.01, 12:14 PM
Anyone got any ideas for a different track layout? Here are three different layout ideas we can make without adding any additional tiles.

We'll come up with a final design and plan to change it after the races are over Saturday.
I like the right one the best as it changes the layout and not just variation of the current design. the left 2 have the same base design but just move the turn points 1 tile.

The other base design that fits in the footprint is a square oveal with a T shaped infield.

Shaun
2007.02.01, 01:34 PM
I like the right one the best as it changes the layout and not just variation of the current design.

I like that layout also. Seems like more of a "real" change from the current track.

AtlRC
2007.02.01, 01:48 PM
I like that one too. If everyone wants to change it before the race that's OK with me too.

Shaun
2007.02.01, 02:02 PM
Since the track will be straight in front of the computer, you can move the loop/finish line closer to the computer.

Like this.

Shaun
2007.02.01, 05:07 PM
I like that one too. If everyone wants to change it before the race that's OK with me too.

If everyone wants to change the layout, I'll change it as soon as I get to the shop at 10:30. That way everyone can get as much practice as possible.

What track does everyone want to run Saturday?

AtlRC
2007.02.01, 08:28 PM
If everyone wants to change the layout, I'll change it as soon as I get to the shop at 10:30. That way everyone can get as much practice as possible.

What track does everyone want to run Saturday?

Whatever you guys want to do. I like the layout that was picked.

wsaenotsock
2007.02.01, 09:29 PM
I vote we change it to the new layout before the race. I'll be there early to help Shaun reconfigure it if we decide to change.

Received my 02 yesterday and been working on getting it ready. :)

pinoyboy
2007.02.02, 09:19 AM
I'll try and get their early tomorrow, but i'm gonna stop buy the post office first because I need to ship out my airsoft gun :(

Also, does anyone have a -2 degree toe out bar? I could buy it from you or I can trade you some parts for it. I've got alot of GPM tires and other parts for an mr-02 an ma-010 :D

Shaun
2007.02.02, 10:20 AM
Also, does anyone have a -2 degree toe out bar? I could buy it from you or I can trade you some parts for it. I've got alot of GPM tires and other parts for an mr-02 an ma-010 :D

I have some extra plastic steering bars. Not sure if they are toe-in or toe-out? You can try them and see if any of them are what you're looking for.

Kevin - Did your MR-02 come with a stock motor?

Shaun
2007.02.02, 10:36 AM
Which layout does everyone like the best?
Here are some of the possible layouts using the same basic design.

You like any of these?

wsaenotsock
2007.02.02, 11:08 AM
D looks the twistiest so it gets my vote. :)

My 02 came with a stock and speedy motor. So I have two stock and two speedy motors. It's got a PN damper system but it isn't installed and I'm not really sure how to put it on. It came with a bunch of goodies, it was a nice deal.

Shaun
2007.02.02, 02:57 PM
D looks the twistiest so it gets my vote. :)

I like track "D" the best also! Should be a great layout for the AWD's.

Kevin - If you need a hand with the PN Damper kit let me know. ;)

AtlRC
2007.02.02, 03:04 PM
I like track "D" the best also! Should be a great layout for the AWD's.

Sounds good to me. If we don't get anymore feedback (negative), then go ahead and change the layout tomorrow morning Shaun. Leave the lap counting loop out and I'll put it in when I get there. I'll try to get there early as well.

TruReaper(Chad)
2007.02.02, 03:14 PM
I LIKE D lets change it

Shaun
2007.02.02, 03:28 PM
Sounds good to me. If we don't get anymore feedback (negative), then go ahead and change the layout tomorrow morning Shaun. Leave the lap counting loop out and I'll put it in when I get there. I'll try to get there early as well.

Alright Patrick, sounds good. :)

See everyone tomorrow.

TruReaper(Chad)
2007.02.02, 03:58 PM
god i want a new MINI-Z F1

AtlRC
2007.02.02, 10:28 PM
god i want a new MINI-Z F1

Well my son... buy one.

-God ;)

AtlRC
2007.02.02, 10:31 PM
I think that one has a longer wheelbase than what I bought; but I think it's still too short. Bring it, maybe it's what I need. Now, I'm not saying I'll definitly be there, but I'll definitly try to be there. ;)

You planning on coming down? Hope you can make it... and bring some buddies too!

wsaenotsock
2007.02.02, 11:01 PM
This thing also came with an PN motor mount. I'm guessing you can't use a stock motor with it since the can has no threaded holes.

Hopefully it's ready tomorrow, it's all in pieces now. :D

pinoyboy
2007.02.03, 07:00 PM
Good stuff today guys!! I was very unhappy with the way my mr-02 took that turn after the long straight. It would understeer like crazy! So, I went and found a -2 degree toe out bar and ordered some other parts and tires along with it to try and fix the problem. :D

AtlRC
2007.02.03, 09:54 PM
Stock A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/020307-StockAMain.htm)
Stock B-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/020307-StockBMain.htm)

Open A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/020307-OpenAMain.htm)

smackdawall
2007.02.03, 11:46 PM
Kevin,

It's Bryan Lynn. THanks for letting me take your car around the track for a few laps today. I had a lot of fun with the car and look forward to getting one. I just talked Danny Sawyer into getting one and I'm sure we will get Keith into driving one as well.

Couple of questions. Not sure which kit to get or where to really focus on getting stuff from. I saw most of you were running the MR02 chassis and MM vs. RM. Is there a particular reason or what is the hot ticket?

Is Miguel going to be carrying stuff soon? LEt me know.

Patrick,

It was a pleasure to meet you and watch yall race. Thanks for the chance to get into racing on a budget again. :)

Bryan

AtlRC
2007.02.04, 12:20 AM
Kevin,

It's Bryan Lynn. THanks for letting me take your car around the track for a few laps today. I had a lot of fun with the car and look forward to getting one. I just talked Danny Sawyer into getting one and I'm sure we will get Keith into driving one as well.

Couple of questions. Not sure which kit to get or where to really focus on getting stuff from. I saw most of you were running the MR02 chassis and MM vs. RM. Is there a particular reason or what is the hot ticket?

Is Miguel going to be carrying stuff soon? LEt me know.

Patrick,

It was a pleasure to meet you and watch yall race. Thanks for the chance to get into racing on a budget again. :)

Bryan

Hey Bryan,

Nice to meet you too! Glad to know that your interested and will join us soon. It would be great to have Danny and Keith join us too! Man I'm really going to have to start practicing again!

I'm not sure there is much difference from MM to RM (opinions?). However the VDS body like the yellow one I was running only fits on the MM chassis. So I think that has been the primary reason for several of us running the MM.

Miguel has ordered some Kyosho products. Hopefully he will be keeping them in stock for us. I am in the process of trying to get us some PN and Atomic parts as well... but I'm not real sure on a timeframe yet.

You can order most of your cars and parts from the site here. They are very good at shipping out quickly and their prices are competitive. If they don't have it here, e-mail me for some other places to consider.

See you soon!

-Patrick

smackdawall
2007.02.04, 09:00 AM
I assume that the conversion from RM to MM is just a matter of buying the stuff to do it? The axel can be used in both? Just inked a deal for 2 z's one a MA010 and a MR02 with controllers for 120. Didnt sound too bad of a deal. Came with bearings and ball diff in the MR02 and alu-batt retainers.

Look forward to getting a bit of track time and havin some fun.

Shaun
2007.02.04, 11:31 AM
Hey Jeff John,

When I get back from Orlando I'll work on a MR-02 for you. If you still want me to.

So far this is what I was thinking of building.
MR-02 chassis RM - so you can still use your vette body.
GPM alloy steering bar
Delrin knuckles
Stainless Steel King-pins
MR-02 ball-diff
CF h-plate
Atomic DPS system for the RM - it has 3 fully adjustable shocks and the dampening plate.
I'll make sure the chassis is "balanced" and race ready when you get it!

Let me know if this sounds good or if you have any other ideas.

Shaun

wsaenotsock
2007.02.04, 12:43 PM
It was great seeing you again Bryan. Sounds like you got a good deal on your set of Z's. Someone esle should chime in about RM to MM conversions since I know little about them right now. In my opinion, the MR02 is definitely lighter and more efficient so it's a better candidate for stock. The MA010 will have a better time sorting out the power of a mod motor and it's extra weight helps keep it stable so it shines in open. But each class is open to either chassis.

I was pleased with my new 02 since I didn't change anything (besides fixing the tweak) and it turned decent times. Thanks Shaun for the setup advise and top chassis piece. Shoud be more competitive next time, it was definitely the slowest one in the main on straight line power. I'll stick my AWD stock motor in it next time.

Hank's car was blazing in open. :eek: I'm going to have to do something about that. :D

Hope to see everyone next time!

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.04, 03:21 PM
Sorry I missed out, guys! I'll definitly try harder to come to the next race! :p

AtlRC
2007.02.05, 10:43 PM
I assume that the conversion from RM to MM is just a matter of buying the stuff to do it? The axel can be used in both? Just inked a deal for 2 z's one a MA010 and a MR02 with controllers for 120. Didnt sound too bad of a deal. Came with bearings and ball diff in the MR02 and alu-batt retainers.

Look forward to getting a bit of track time and havin some fun.

To convert from RM to MM, you'd want to buy a rear MM aluminum motor pod, a damper system for MM (there are many different kinds), and some H-plates (I think they're called H-plates). That should do it. ...and yes, the rear axel can be used... but you probably would want to buy a ball differential which is really the whole rear axel and diff.

smackdawall
2007.02.06, 11:46 AM
To convert from RM to MM, you'd want to buy a rear MM aluminum motor pod, a damper system for MM (there are many different kinds), and some H-plates (I think they're called H-plates). That should do it. ...and yes, the rear axel can be used... but you probably would want to buy a ball differential which is really the whole rear axel and diff.

The car I am getting already comes with a rear ball diff. The guy just shipped it. I saw a few Carbon fiber/Alum pod combo's that allow for MM and adjustable Wheelbase. Has anyone tried these? Any good? Also bought one of those Recoil (actually upgraded carisma) cars in Miguels shop the other day. Nice car, pretty fast. I already ditched the servo for a full sized standard high speed digital ....lol. Nice overall. Even ran it on the RCP track with times in the 6 second range...looked slow tho on that track cause it was too big.

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.06, 05:31 PM
Also bought one of those Recoil (actually upgraded carisma) cars in Miguels shop the other day.
Is that the Sportwerks car? I was thinking about getting one of those.

smackdawall
2007.02.07, 01:59 PM
Yes it is. The car handles great right out of the box. The only complaint I have of the car is the slow response of the radio. At first I thought it was the servo, but we switched back to the stock radio to test, and used the integrated electronics, and the response is horrid for steering even with a 100 dollar servo installed. LOL. Oh well. Trying to figure out the aftermarket XPS speedo now. Keeps shutting down on me for some reason.

Bryan

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.07, 05:31 PM
So the stock electronics aren't really up to snuff? Who'da thunk it? :rolleyes: It needs a coreless servo and brushless power to be a fun car. ;) I saw on Horizon Hobby's website they're gonna carry foam tires for the Recoil, too. They're $21 for a set of 4! :eek:

smackdawall
2007.02.07, 07:07 PM
The stock combo speed control/RX is what we have at hand here. I believe the speedo side of it is great. The radio side or receiver side is a bit slow and unresponsive. Found out my problem with the aftermarket AE XPS speedo to be my other charger not fully charging packs. Go figure. Its workign great and rides like it is on rails. I put a 19T motor in it and it keeps up with my son's TC4 RTR easily. In fact, beats it in top speed, just not in punch.

:)

Overall the car handles extremely well...right out of the box.

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.07, 08:28 PM
You mean you can run a 540-size motor in it? :eek:

smackdawall
2007.02.07, 09:35 PM
Its a 370 sized motor. However, its smaller and lighter but still a rocket. :) Ill bring it to the next get together if possible.

AtlRC
2007.02.07, 09:46 PM
Its a 370 sized motor. However, its smaller and lighter but still a rocket. :) Ill bring it to the next get together if possible.

Sounds cool! I'd like to see it too!

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.07, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot Reedy makes a mini-mod 19T motor. :rolleyes: Still, that sounds cool! If I hadn't just bought a new set of tires for my full scale car, I'd think about getting a Recoil a little more. Aw heck, I'll buy one this weekend! :D