PDA

View Full Version : Visit "The Planet Hobbys" in Anderson, SC

smackdawall
2007.02.09, 11:32 PM
Everyone,

Just an FYI for those that are interested in going to a very LARGE RCP track not too far away from atlanta overall. There is a great track and hobbyshop in Anderson, SC called "The Planet Hobbys" just off of Exit 19 about a mile down the road.

They have quite a bit of MiniZ stuff as well as HPI Micro/Xray stuff too. Some slot racing too.

For those that have been dying for some small scale carpet action as well, they have a 40x24 carpet track that I ran my Recoil on and it was perfect.

I travel alot for work and like to visit hobby shops when I travel and this guy is really cool. The owner's name is Todd and you can check out their website @ www.theplanethobbys.com

Perhaps we can make a road trip with the miniz crowd to bring some GA talent to Anderson, SC. :) :D :D

arch2b
2007.02.10, 08:18 AM
i highly recommend making road trips as a club. you really learn alot and it puts your skills more in perspective since as a club you typically fall into a pecking order quickly

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.10, 09:39 AM
The last road trip we took (ChattanoogaRC) as a group, we wound up learning a little too much about each other! :p I'd be down for that; but I doubt ya'll would come through Chattanooga to get to SC. I think I'd have to come through ATL to get there, though.

smackdawall
2007.02.10, 10:23 AM
We can all carpool up there for a sat night race or something sometime. Sounds good to me.

theplanethobbys
2007.03.01, 08:42 PM
Thanks a bunch Brian. I hope to have a lot of racing going on. The Tri-Oval rocks and I will be getting the new Mini Z Nascars in the middle of next week. They are only going to be about $100.00 + or -. I just do not know if they are going to compare to the CP Products that I am using now. I just got a few of the F1 cars and the new ones are a lot faster than the old ones. Also, I use the old original CP Cup cars which have even a longer wheel base. They are a blast to drive. So all please come on out to my hobby store.

Right now on Friday night @ 7:00 pm we started racing the 1/18 micros. rs4 & X ray. The track is precise and tricky. We also are going to put the drift tires on and turn the PA on and rock out. Music, lighting, and show off your car.

BTW
If you plan on coming and racing, you had better get your stuff together cause BRIAN will give you a run for your money! LOL

If you have any ? Email me @ planethobbys@bellsouth.net or call the shop:
# 8642226879
Thanks,
Todd :D

theplanethobbys
2007.03.30, 07:38 AM
I have just got in the new Nascars and wanting to race a total stock out of the box race. This way all can pretty much afford the cost. As far as the CP Cups, they still rock. I am also thinking of banking the turns and make it kinda like a Mini Charlotte. COME ON UP TO THE PLANET HOBBYS
ToddThanks a bunch Brian. I hope to have a lot of racing going on. The Tri-Oval rocks and I will be getting the new Mini Z Nascars in the middle of next week. They are only going to be about $100.00 + or -. I just do not know if they are going to compare to the CP Products that I am using now. I just got a few of the F1 cars and the new ones are a lot faster than the old ones. Also, I use the old original CP Cup cars which have even a longer wheel base. They are a blast to drive. So all please come on out to my hobby store.

Right now on Friday night @ 7:00 pm we started racing the 1/18 micros. rs4 & X ray. The track is precise and tricky. We also are going to put the drift tires on and turn the PA on and rock out. Music, lighting, and show off your car.

BTW
If you plan on coming and racing, you had better get your stuff together cause BRIAN will give you a run for your money! LOL

If you have any ? Email me @ planethobbys@bellsouth.net or call the shop:
# 8642226879
Thanks,
Todd :D

russp
2007.04.01, 12:37 PM
I have just got in the new Nascars and wanting to race a total stock out of the box race. This way all can pretty much afford the cost. As far as the CP Cups, they still rock. I am also thinking of banking the turns and make it kinda like a Mini Charlotte. COME ON UP TO THE PLANET HOBBYS
Todd
Since I'm just off I-85 I will definitely come up at some point. Are there any organized days you race on?

theplanethobbys
2007.04.03, 07:55 AM
Since I'm just off I-85 I will definitely come up at some point. Are there any organized days you race on?

Not yet! I am open from 10:00 til 7:00 during the week and friday and saturday nights is whan we have races of some sort. Be it carpet, slots, or mini z as of right now!
I need more guys to come with Mini z's and lets get this srarted.

Comments welcome
Todd

BTW go to The Planet Hobbys Website (http://theplanethobbys.com) and click on NASCAR racing and see the track and one of the full blown cars