PDA

View Full Version : Lit Xspeed in a Epoch

bnwhtlw
2007.02.11, 11:44 PM
Will a Lit XSpeed fit in an epoch? And would there be any noticible improvement?
Would it make the steering jittery?

cdog4w
2007.02.12, 06:59 PM
LBRC's shotgun motor mount ftw :)

I think it does, worth checking (look through LBRC's threads perhaps), but the money would be better spent on a shotgun for the epoch. Gives you extra speed AND longer runtime.

avant
2007.02.13, 12:08 AM
@bnwhtlw - the motor fits perfectly fine, but pls. use it with a turbo ...
@cdog4w - the shotgun idea is nice, but since LBRC does not respond to orders it makes no sense pushing them ;)

Cheers,

Jo

bnwhtlw
2007.02.13, 01:23 AM
without a turbo do I run the risk of frying the board?

cdog4w
2007.02.13, 02:28 PM
@cdog4w - the shotgun idea is nice, but since LBRC does not respond to orders it makes no sense pushing them ;)

Cheers,

Jo

LBRC has had some family issues to deal with so you are right that it might not be the quickest. I still think bnwhtlw should know about it as an option, along with the info that orders are delayed for the time being. The epoch and lit motors seem to be quite the current hogs which is what really makes the coreless motors in LBRC's shotgun shine by comparison. Best option, try both :)

bnwhtlw
2007.02.13, 02:55 PM
I know about the option, I already had two in epochs I sold a while ago. I just got a really good deal on two more...(one will be for my son to learn with) and I wanted to see if an xspeed was an option.

So could I damage the epoch board with an xspeed with no turbo to speak of?

bnwhtlw
2007.02.18, 09:24 PM
Well I put the lit xspeed in my epoch and its slower than a stock epoch...I find that strange. Is it because the epoch doesnt deliver enough jiuce?