hybrid_liter
2007.02.12, 02:59 AM
I also built a brushed pan z.

vzereeys
2007.02.12, 07:12 AM
wow, how do you drive that thing?

pinoyboy
2007.02.12, 03:01 PM
wow, that must be crazy to drive. Get some videos of it running for sure! :D I think I might try something similar soon.

hybrid_liter
2007.02.13, 04:14 AM
It actually handles pretty good. It feels balanced and has that smooth control feel. I havent been able to max out the speed yet because theres not enough space. It maxes out the tamiya speed checker.

pinoyboy
2007.02.13, 06:30 PM
It actually handles pretty good. It feels balanced and has that smooth control feel. I havent been able to max out the speed yet because theres not enough space. It maxes out the tamiya speed checker.

I don't doubt that this thing maxes out the speed checker. By the way, what receiver is that and what TX are you using?

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.13, 07:45 PM
wow, how do you drive that thing?
Very carefully! :D :D

A fetted car with a good mod motor can max out the Tamiya speed checker; I've seen it. :p

hybrid_liter
2007.02.13, 08:36 PM
Im using a mini-z tx and a AM xxl rx.

hybrid_liter
2007.02.14, 08:57 PM
here is some pics of my brushed z

nivlacs3z
2007.02.14, 10:48 PM
umm.... so are both of those cars wheelie poppers?

hybrid_liter
2007.02.15, 02:22 AM
They sit and spin at full throttle. Maybe once I get really good tires on them they could probably pull wheelies.

color01
2007.02.17, 06:11 AM
GRP foams should be better for absolute traction. Both your cars are pretty ridiculous (the good kind), and it's really impressive; but why are you running 2S2P AAA lithium-ions on a brushless car?

hybrid_liter
2007.02.18, 12:48 AM
GRP foams should be better for absolute traction. Both your cars are pretty ridiculous (the good kind), and it's really impressive; but why are you running 2S2P AAA lithium-ions on a brushless car?

how do you think I should set the batteries up on the brushless? Do you have any other suggestions?

nivlacs3z
2007.02.18, 01:01 PM
2s2p Li-Poly or a large 2s Li-Poly pack would be much better. It can supply all of the current that beefy motor would every pull.

hybrid_liter
2007.02.19, 01:03 AM
2s2p Li-Poly or a large 2s Li-Poly pack would be much better. It can supply all of the current that beefy motor would every pull.

yes I know..when I built my brushed z you could see that i used li-poly..by the time i was done with my brushless, all i had left were the ions. I will be ordering some li-polys soon.

Flashsp-2
2007.02.19, 06:28 PM
hybrid liter, your cars are very nice indeed. I would recommend going with some Polyquest 600s if you can find them, I have used them before and they are very powerful. Also, since you have your email blocked, would you please contact me through my avatar, I have something I would like to discuss with you...

hybrid_liter
2007.02.19, 07:39 PM
hybrid liter, your cars are very nice indeed. I would recommend going with some Polyquest 600s if you can find them, I have used them before and they are very powerful. Also, since you have your email blocked, would you please contact me through my avatar, I have something I would like to discuss with you...

thanks for the info.. ill look for some of those li-polys. I will unblock my email so feel free to hit me up Flash.

nivlacs3z
2007.02.19, 09:23 PM
Wow, I just realized that I never complemented your cars. My bad, heh, they're very impressive. Where do you run them? Do you ever plan to shoot some short clips for us to view? Those two vs regular mod car mini-z's would be fun to watch.

hybrid_liter
2007.02.20, 12:01 AM
thanks alot. I use to run my cars at a hobby shop nearby with member cdog4... but that shop closed down by the time i got the brushless running. I will find space and make a video soon. You should check out a couple post I did on epochs at 1-43.com if your interested. I have enough space for those..hahaha.

T-Bolt
2007.02.22, 12:40 AM
Listen to Flash man. You need to ditch those li-ions, because not only can they not take the current draw, they limit speed too. My xmod only did 53kmh on 4 li-ions, and do 99kmh at half throttle on THREE li-pos. It has a Mamba 6800, which certainly draws less than the C4, so you are in dire need of an upgrade.

hybrid_liter
2007.02.22, 01:05 AM
Listen to Flash man. You need to ditch those li-ions, because not only can they not take the current draw, they limit speed too. My xmod only did 53kmh on 4 li-ions, and do 99kmh at half throttle on THREE li-pos. It has a Mamba 6800, which certainly draws less than the C4, so you are in dire need of an upgrade.

thanks man.. like i said, im looking for lipos right now.

hybrid_liter
2010.05.14, 05:03 AM
Well 3 years later and im just getting back into RCs again and i still have not got new batteries for my brushless. Im kinda rusty as to what battery options and number of cells i should use whether in series or parallel, so could someone give me a good setup idea? Any popular batteries working good for you guys out there with a similar setup? Keep in mind that battery space is limited for me.

color01
2010.05.14, 11:50 AM
You could check out the new R246 LiFe cells, they're Mini-Z specific and a nice size (practically equivalent to 4AAA's). Otherwise Batteryspace.com has a good size selection for LiPo cells. Glad to see another crazy modder back in the game. :)

If you don't need speed then LiFe will be just fine at 6.6V -- they're also much less temperamental to charge and discharge.

doug01n
2010.05.14, 12:43 PM
In HK, Hobby King has great lipos, a big variety of sizes, capacities and discharge rates.

hybrid_liter
2010.05.14, 02:12 PM
Thanks for those great places guys, im going to check them out. It is nice when you at the part where all you need to worry about is which battery should i get.

hybrid_liter
2012.04.30, 12:00 AM
I went ahead and got some new batteries and re did the electronic layouts to allow more space and its just more efficient.

i took a video but im having trouble posting it... should get it worked out soon.. here is pics of the new layout in the meantime:

.... actually i keep getting fail upload errors when trying to upload pic or video.. any ideas??