PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use the I-lap system?

Mini-Me-Zee
2007.02.12, 04:05 PM
Hi,

I am in the market for a lap counting system, and came across something from rclapcounter, called the I-lap system. It is like Giro-Z I suppose as it is infrared-based, but is a U.S.-based product.

Anyone have experience with this system?

rharris
2007.02.13, 01:40 PM
I looked into it a year ago. Looks good. I went with core becouse of total Cost to own.

There is a local reseller for the Gyro RCKenon in Archadia California.

arch2b
2007.02.13, 03:14 PM
email 'the pretender' i think he bought the same system for his hobby shop.

there are atleast 2 domestic sources for giro-z, am and kenon. btw, please see our new 'ask technicarlp' forum. they are the manufacturer for giro-z. ;)

clubberlang
2007.04.05, 08:54 PM
Hi,

I am in the market for a lap counting system, and came across something from rclapcounter, called the I-lap system. It is like Giro-Z I suppose as it is infrared-based, but is a U.S.-based product.

Anyone have experience with this system?
The guy who builds these counters races at our track. it has been flawless when i have raced there.

Hekyl
2008.12.02, 01:43 PM
The customer service from Craig is second to none. Seriously. We race the system at our track locally and has been flawless.

dvsstrike
2008.12.05, 11:02 PM
my club runs the older i lap and runs perfect. his customer service is great.and the system is nice. another option is going robitronics the kit includes 3 transponders also

x_zminiracer
2008.12.06, 09:29 AM
Am in same club as dvsstrike, I highly recommend the I-lap system, works outside and is for all scales RC racing. Have owned the system before the giroz ever came out and am most pleased with it! The system is now AMBrc compliant, our older system is the early early amb20 type and still going strong! Craig's customer service is second to none, he has been very very good to us, and the guy even cooks us up new transponders for this system anytime we need one! this even though the new system hardware it totally new and unique, is what i call customer service! (THANKS! Craig)