PDA

View Full Version : New Iwaver TX sold seperately, whos gonna pick one up?

pinoyboy
2007.02.12, 05:34 PM
I was looking at picking up a nano racer or nano dragon for the TX, then I saw them selling the tx seperately on TE. Anyone else interested in trying one of these out? I'm wondering if there any good this time around.

Also, its not much cheaper than just picking up a nano racer or nano dragon RTR, so it might not be worth it to some. I just remember people wishing they sold the TX seperately, and now they do!

Jonny
2007.02.12, 05:54 PM
I was looking at picking up a nano racer or nano dragon for the TX, then I saw them selling the tx seperately on TE. Anyone else interested in trying one of these out? I'm wondering if there any good this time around.

Also, its not much cheaper than just picking up a nano racer or nano dragon RTR, so it might not be worth it to some. I just remember people wishing they sold the TX seperately, and now they do!
Hi, here's a quick rundown:

1. The new TX is similar in build to the non-module version, with minor styling differences.

2. The mould of the plastic is slightly different.

3. The features are exactly the same.

4. The backlit display is nice to use and illuminates while you are changing settings, then turns itself off. The LED stays on and is very bright (I've removed this completely).

5. Another worthy difference in the new model is the stepping adjustment is very quick when you hold the + or - button down.

6. Change in ST Trim and Throttle Trim - now in .2 increments instead of single.

I'm very happy with mine and it works perfectly programmed with 10 models.

Hope that helps,

Jonny

pinoyboy
2007.02.12, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the run down! I have the previous version of the TX and my MA-010 glitches when going over the loop for the core lap system, but my mr-02 does not. Have you had any problems like that before?

Also, do you think its possible for a ko propo 75mhz module would fit?

Mazda787b
2007.02.12, 07:59 PM
I would assume it would use Futaba Modules, just because it is a Futaba/Megatech Knock-off to begin with. Hopefully it works with spektrum!

pinoyboy
2007.02.12, 10:09 PM
I would assume it would use Futaba Modules, just because it is a Futaba/Megatech Knock-off to begin with. Hopefully it works with spektrum!

That would be awesome. I've just been starting to look into getting a spektrum setup

Ninja
2007.02.12, 10:15 PM
now they just need to make a Spektrum Mini-Z board ;) with doubled up 3010 FETs :D

Jonny
2007.02.13, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the run down! I have the previous version of the TX and my MA-010 glitches when going over the loop for the core lap system, but my mr-02 does not. Have you had any problems like that before?

Also, do you think its possible for a ko propo 75mhz module would fit?
No problem,

Regarding the KO Propo module, I haven't any idea in that area but I'd agree with the other guys on Futaba compatibility if any were to work.

As to glitching issues, I haven't encountered any that I've related to the TX. I've had plenty to deal with the AWD and 02 even with the stock controller and also the dreaded 'Core Swerve' over the line, that's been commented on before in other threads. It seems a few have noticed reception issues but perhaps there are other external factors due to interference that could be at play.

Have you done testing yet that rules out other interference?

I'll keep this thread in mind at our next GTG on the 25th February and see if anything occurs and will report back.

Jonny

pinoyboy
2007.02.13, 07:29 AM
No problem,

Regarding the KO Propo module, I haven't any idea in that area but I'd agree with the other guys on Futaba compatibility if any were to work.

As to glitching issues, I haven't encountered any that I've related to the TX. I've had plenty to deal with the AWD and 02 even with the stock controller and also the dreaded 'Core Swerve' over the line, that's been commented on before in other threads. It seems a few have noticed reception issues but perhaps there are other external factors due to interference that could be at play.

Have you done testing yet that rules out other interference?

I'll keep this thread in mind at our next GTG on the 25th February and see if anything occurs and will report back.

Jonny

My testing was driving back to back at first using the Iwaver TX, then with my JR XR2i. Every time the core lap system was on when using th Iwaver TX, my MA-010 would act if I braked by fully going into reverse and would steer to the right.

When I used my JR XR2i, I had no type of noticeable glitching when crossing the loop. I only had slight glitching if I sat my car right on the loop, but usually that doesn't happen during the race of course.

Jonny
2007.02.13, 08:07 AM
My testing was driving back to back at first using the Iwaver TX, then with my JR XR2i. Every time the core lap system was on when using th Iwaver TX, my MA-010 would act if I braked by fully going into reverse and would steer to the right.

When I used my JR XR2i, I had no type of noticeable glitching when crossing the loop. I only had slight glitching if I sat my car right on the loop, but usually that doesn't happen during the race of course.
OK mate, thanks for the info.

I'll keep my eye on it and let you know but I didn't have those symptoms with my old Iwaver TX, the same as yours :confused: I hate investigating these glitching issues.

I'm afraid I won't have any more answers until 26th Feb after the GTG but will report back.

Perhaps someone else may have some input in the meantime?

Jonny

rharris
2007.02.13, 12:45 PM

I get this glitch with my Helios, but it was the crystal. Xmod 10 seemed to have issues with the helios.

Each radio seems to handel crystals a little differently. Try swaping out channels before you give up on the Iwaver TX