PDA

View Full Version : Any near by Tallinn, Estonia

hans_wiz
2007.02.14, 08:12 AM
Hi! We drive in Tallinn on RCP track on every Thursday afternoon. Hobikeskus shop has place for one Mini Tile 96 track and one bigger. Most of us is driving with mr-02 mini-z's, but it will change after some time.

Unfortunately we don't have english forum, but we have some videos from every race and most of us is speaking english. Some of us finnish and russian. If somebody want's to contact, then you can send a e-mail (hans_wiz(at)hotmail.com).

El Tigre
2007.02.14, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forum, you have come to the best place around to talk Mini-Z's. I noticed your MkII Golf GTI signature, I'm a big VW fan and I believe there are a few others on here as well. Lets see some pics of your Mini-Z's, maybe some of your track, or your GTI.

hans_wiz
2007.02.14, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forum, you have come to the best place around to talk Mini-Z's. I noticed your MkII Golf GTI signature, I'm a big VW fan and I believe there are a few others on here as well. Lets see some pics of your Mini-Z's, maybe some of your track, or your GTI.
Actually I own VW Golf II Fire&Ice Edition with GTI (16 valve) engine for dailydrive :D My mini-z is with Ferrari 575M Red Maranello body, what I got with readyset. I'm also big VW fan and belong to local VW club. My idea was to make one GII body for mini-z, like little brother, because there is no autoscale body in that series :( But those are just a plans.

Here are some shots from our last race: http://picasaweb.google.com/hanno.mosov/MiniZChallenge

El Tigre
2007.02.14, 08:18 PM
Some great racing there, theres a couple guys that need some practice though. You guys have a great setup there, timing system and all. I miss that kind of atmosphere, I havent raced in a couple of years. The shop I raced at was similar to yours, we had a tight little indoor track that made for some heated races, I think my racing improved most on that track. Anyway, again, welcome to the forum.

hans_wiz
2007.02.15, 02:42 AM
Thx, El Tigre! This forum is the best place to get knowledge about mini-z.
Yes, our place is great and guys are with various skills. 3-5 guys drive very good, unfortunately I don't belong there. Last year we had some mess with rules, but now we have 2 classes for stock and open cars and max cars for this little track is restricted to 6.
Shop owner has very nice exhibition about RC cars from history (almost hand-made :D ).

jaank
2007.10.05, 11:54 AM
Hi, hanno.I am to estonia.I am Jaan erik and you know my.
I drive a ford mustang mr-02.

michvin
2007.10.05, 03:24 PM
Hi! We drive in Tallinn on RCP track on every Thursday afternoon. Hobikeskus shop has place for one Mini Tile 96 track and one bigger. Most of us is driving with mr-02 mini-z's, but it will change after some time.

Unfortunately we don't have english forum, but we have some videos from every race and most of us is speaking english. Some of us finnish and russian. If somebody want's to contact, then you can send a e-mail (hans_wiz(at)hotmail.com).
hey, good to know there are Z fans in Former Soviet Union! I'm Russian, but living in New York now

Wolf
2007.11.02, 05:28 AM
Thx, El Tigre! This forum is the best place to get knowledge about mini-z.
Yes, our place is great and guys are with various skills. 3-5 guys drive very good, unfortunately I don't belong there. Last year we had some mess with rules, but now we have 2 classes for stock and open cars and max cars for this little track is restricted to 6.
Shop owner has very nice exhibition about RC cars from history (almost hand-made :D ).

Interested in "open" and "max" cars that you are mentioning.

How is the open class racing in estonia?

jaank
2007.11.02, 06:15 AM
Open is: allowed all, but 130motor class and 1/24-1/28 scale.

hans_wiz
2007.11.02, 10:16 AM
hey, good to know there are Z fans in Former Soviet Union! I'm Russian, but living in New York now
Yeah, this Soviet Union time was a big misunderstanding. Sorry, but so it was :mad:
But little Estonia has very many good drivers in different classes. Maybe more known was Markko Märtin, now we hope that Urmo Aava will take the same place in WRC. Marko Asmer has very good place in British Formel 3 competition. And many-many good drivers from Soviet Union times.
Let see what will we make with mini-z's. Some time ago we almost got contact with Latvians, but they were not ready. I think that with Sweden we don't have opportunity, because there is very good mini-z level.

hans_wiz
2007.11.02, 10:22 AM
Interested in "open" and "max" cars that you are mentioning.

How is the open class racing in estonia?
Open class is like in HFAY rules - everything is allowed so war if you stay between scale 1/24-1/28.
With max 6 cars on track I mentioned that we don't allow more then 6 drivers on track at the same time. Now this number is actually only 5 :)

Red Team
2007.11.16, 04:01 AM
Hi Hans, nice to see some other people from this side of the world get into Mini Z racing world. I'm from Bucharest - Romania and we just set up a 4m x 7m indoor carpet track, where we race our 1/28 cars ahich it's not a very popular class around here, but hope to become.

You can see our track HERE (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26684)

Recentely a guy from Hungary joined the forum and i would be nice if we can gather together someday to race eachother, may be to make like a tour, one time in Hungary, another time in Romania and so on....am I dreaming or what :)

May be if we'd open a Central-East European thread, where we can dicuss problems specific for our regions, what do you think ?

hans_wiz
2008.01.16, 05:08 AM
Hi Red Team!

Our drivers are going to KYOSHO INTERNATIONAL INDOOR RACE OSTRAVA 1/8 Off–Road Fuel Buggy on 26th – 27th January 2008. I'm personally not, because I have a too little rc-driver at home, but let see in the future.
Your proposal is interesting to open a Central-East European thread. Now I see that some competitions are taking place in Portugal, UK or Germany. It can change :D

Red Team
2008.01.16, 05:54 AM
Hello..long time not see you around :) ...At the same period of the month we'll hold at our track, the first race of the 2008 season. We'll have a total of 10 races championship and hope the attendance will be somewhere between 15-20 participants for each race.
In February our track will be host of the First Race of the Hurda Challenge Race Series and we want to grow to the levels of other racers on this forum.

So, who’ll open the new topic..me or you ;) ?

hans_wiz
2008.01.16, 06:22 AM
In February our track will be host of the First Race of the Hurda Challenge Race Series and we want to grow to the levels of other racers on this forum.
What is Hurda Challenge Race?

So, who’ll open the new topic..me or you ;) ?
You :D, because you are older member here as I am.

Red Team
2008.01.16, 06:47 AM
Hurda Challange Series it's an international competition sponsored by TGR, a turkish race team and manufacturer of a nice 1/28 chasiss, taking place in various places around the world and having the Finals in September in Istanbul. You can find more details ont TGR's site: tgr.com.tr or here: http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26906

Send a mail to them and may be you can organize this competition as well.

I'll open the new topic...I'll let you know the link !

hans_wiz
2008.01.16, 07:56 AM
Hurda Challange Series it's an international competition sponsored by TGR, a turkish race team and manufacturer of a nice 1/28 chasiss, taking place in various places around the world and having the Finals in September in Istanbul. You can find more details ont TGR's site: tgr.com.tr or here: http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26906
OK, then it was what I suspected. I ordered some week ago TGR Sinister PRO with Hurda body. Not for me, but for my co-racer. Let see what it is and how it behave. Also we have one guy, who developed it's own chassis with Li-Po batteries and hand-wrapped 130 size motor. Crazy man, who also designed for mini-z mr02 rear independent suspension. I haven't seen it yet, but definitely it works.

Red Team
2008.01.16, 08:11 AM
Hope your friend will like the Sinister !
The MR02 independent suspension sounds very interesting, may be you can have some pictures and if you''ll find out more info, don't hesitate to share with us ;)

hans_wiz
2008.03.12, 08:56 AM
Hope your friend will like the Sinister !
The MR02 independent suspension sounds very interesting, may be you can have some pictures and if you''ll find out more info, don't hesitate to share with us ;)
My friend is happy with TGR Sinister Pro and he has put VDSII body on it. It is very fast and control is smooth.
This independent suspension system sounds good, but was not so interesting. I expected something better.