PDA

View Full Version : Body Handling Differences

jjlove
2007.02.14, 06:40 PM
I know how much of a difference there is with the different bodies on a MR-02....My question is, is there any difference between the different F1 bodies and the way that they handle. I have the Ferrrari body on now and I have a Panasonic Toyota body comming in.

simpleskin
2007.02.15, 09:01 AM
My guess would be no. They are all pretty similar. But I'll defer to the guys that have more than 1 F1 body. I only have the 2005 Number 1 Ferrari. I'd love to get more, like that old yellow Honda body. Anyone have one for sale in decent shape?

-j

grymg
2007.02.15, 04:58 PM
I know how much of a difference there is with the different bodies on a MR-02....My question is, is there any difference between the different F1 bodies and the way that they handle. I have the Ferrrari body on now and I have a Panasonic Toyota body comming in.

I haven't done any side by side testing but I do have both of those bodies and noticed that the rear suspension travel on the Toyota is greatly reduced. That's because the rear part of the body (air box) doesn't extend out that far and the back runs into the chassis a lot faster.

imxlr8ed
2007.02.15, 05:53 PM
Only real difference advantage in bodies I've ever noticed was concerning the front wing and how apt it is to stick under the RCP rails.

I have a Panasonic Toyota and it rarely sticks under the rails.

I think the newer bodysets have higher front wings on them so it is probably even less of an issue for them.

As far as the aft clearance concerns... I heated mine up and lifted the rear plastic. (it's not pretty, but it works.) I did this up at the World Cup so I could have some clearance for the PN handout wires. When running an Xspeed though, I never had that problem. The wires on the Xspeed retain their bends better than what is on the Speedy.