11235 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076
(770) 740-2915

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 1:00pm
Racing Ends: Usually around 3:30 to 4:30

Available Practice Times (normal shop hours)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tues - Fri 10:30am - 7:00pm
Sat (non-race day) - 10:30am - 4:00pm
Sat (race day) 10:30am to start of races

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95)
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97)
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each. This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- RCP Track (2 wide L's - Possibly 3).
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- 5 minute Qualifiers and 7 minute Mains.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.21, 10:05 PM
Looking forward to it. :cool:

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.22, 10:50 PM
I fixed my 02 at tonight's race, and what a difference it makes! :eek: Now I know why I like my 02 so much better than my 01. :o I'll be ready for this race.

AtlRC
2007.02.28, 04:49 PM
I fixed my 02 at tonight's race, and what a difference it makes! :eek: Now I know why I like my 02 so much better than my 01. :o I'll be ready for this race.

Cool! Look forward to seeing you again! Talk anybody into coming with you yet?

No new track yet. I called Miguel, but no word on the track. He ordered from Horizon. Horizon then has the item drop shipped from RCP. He still expects (hopes) that it will be here by Saturday... we'll see. I'll keep checking and post when it arrives.

pinoyboy
2007.02.28, 07:54 PM
Whos gonna be going saturday? Are you gonna be able to make it out this time Art?

I can't wait until tomorrow so I can get my psych and astronomy midterms over with :p then i'll be on spring break. Maybe my girl and I will head up towards chattanooga and coincidentally meet you guys on your race day up there :D

By the way, anyone gonna have an extra potentiometer with them on Saturday? My car is getting the shakes pretty bad :(

ChattavegasSE
2007.02.28, 08:40 PM
I think I might try to cram Lamar into my little Golf Saturday. :D

EGR Mart sent me a set of Atomic AWD bearings; I don't have an AWD. :rolleyes: Anybody want 'em?

Ninja
2007.02.28, 10:38 PM
Dude, thats just wrong LOL. but yeah, as long as everything goes as expected, I will be there :D

pinoyboy
2007.02.28, 10:42 PM
Dude, thats just wrong LOL. but yeah, as long as everything goes as expected, I will be there :D

Yo ninja, don't forget about the boards! I still have AWD parts for you :D

Ninja
2007.02.28, 10:51 PM
They are still in my Race box :D I havent forgotten, Just been a while since we mentioned it and I didnt know if you still needed them :D

pinoyboy
2007.02.28, 10:57 PM
They are still in my Race box :D I havent forgotten, Just been a while since we mentioned it and I didnt know if you still needed them :D

yea man, i just need one working iwaver board, or a trashed iwaver board that still has good steering fet/ICs

Ninja
2007.02.28, 11:07 PM
I have a few of both, they are yours.

I also have an 02 board w/servo stuff if anybody in ATL is looking for one. (Maybe good for someones White Enzo project since I didnt see a board in it ;) )

pinoyboy
2007.02.28, 11:11 PM
I have a few of both, they are yours.

I also have an 02 board w/servo stuff if anybody in ATL is looking for one. (Maybe good for someones White Enzo project since I didnt see a board in it ;) )

actually, I might need that pot from that 02! I actually might take the whole thing. We can work some more stuff out this saturday. :D

hpgod
2007.03.01, 09:16 AM
My wife has me in as questionable. She works friday night and wont get home till 8am. If she can watch the baby from 12-5 on a few hours sleep I will be there. I think i have a handle on the tires and should be ready to rock. 1-2packs a day is definately knowing off some of my hand eye cordination rust. I call patrick and have hime enter me in the computer if I am gonna miss a qualifier or 2.

Warning
What the Heck are the Atomic spoked TS rims for? I have ordered 3 full sets of them and glued up 2 packs of rears. They are like 2mm taller in diamter then the atomic dish or pn spoked rims= popo handling due to the rear popd raised up.

wsaenotsock
2007.03.01, 11:07 AM
Warning
What the Heck are the Atomic spoked TS rims for? I have ordered 3 full sets of them and glued up 2 packs of rears. They are like 2mm taller in diamter then the atomic dish or pn spoked rims= popo handling due to the rear popd raised up.

Those are for ballers. It's equivalent to running a 24" rim fo sho.

Ninja
2007.03.01, 12:41 PM
what offset are those TS rims you got? and you are running them on an 02 right?

pinoyboy
2007.03.01, 12:48 PM
Shouldn't the rear being higher give you more steering? You can probably just change the toe to get the car handling like before. Also, did you happen to weigh them? I might pick up those 24" for my ma-010 or mr-02 if it doesn't add too much weight :p

hpgod
2007.03.01, 12:59 PM
I have a mr01 with a Mr02 diff in it Funky setup as after shimming I have to run a +1 on the left rear and a +3 on the right rear to get the tires centered

I have 2 sets of +1 fronts
I have 1 new +1 rears and 1 +3 rears

I also have a 1 set of each +1 +3 that I modified the rims for weight also.

Being a MR01 with a high cg. the ts rims raises the rear roll center to point it chattered bad in the corners. The more worn the tires the better the roll center and handling gets is what I am noticing on my home track.

from memory
The weight of the Atomic TS spoked rims is near that of the PN spoked rims ~2.5grams for 2, Atomic dish rims were ~.5grams heavier before i put them on the drill press and made them spoked rims.

unfortunately PN +3 rears are out everywhere. No shop seems to carry everything for these Zs.

Ninja
2007.03.01, 01:10 PM
I have a set of the PN wheels on my 02. If you come Saturday we might do a little swap and run to see how they work out for both of us and might do a little trading if thats all well with you. I run an Enzo, and my wheels are +1 fronts and +3 rears. They havent been abused and are in near new condition.

AtlRC
2007.03.01, 01:27 PM
The new track is in! :D Anybody want to go put it up tonight or tomorrow?

pinoyboy
2007.03.01, 01:28 PM
aww man, i'm going by today!

Ninja
2007.03.01, 01:54 PM
sweet, cant wait!!! :D hook it up real nice and propper for some good racing saturday Hank.

wsaenotsock
2007.03.01, 05:55 PM
I'm off tomorrow if anyone needs any help. Hopefully it's dry, I plan on hitting some golf balls around, it's my other hobby. :D

pinoyboy
2007.03.01, 08:30 PM
I'm off tomorrow if anyone needs any help. Hopefully it's dry, I plan on hitting some golf balls around, it's my other hobby. :D

Miguel and I put the track together with plenty of extra tiles left over. I think everything is right minus the sweeper. I'm guessing Shaun has the correct tiles to do that? Oh, and there were 2 guys who both picked up AWDs. They won't make it this Saturday, but maybe next time.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/NEWRCPTRACKSETUP003.jpg
Can you guess which RCP tiles are new?:p
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/NEWRCPTRACKSETUP002.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/NEWRCPTRACKSETUP001.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/NEWRCPTRACKSETUP004.jpg
I did some break in of the track! :D

Right now the track is very slick. Those new tiles are making lots of dust. I had to change from 20 degree to 10 degree rears to get any type of traction with my MR-02. My MA-010 actually likes the track being slick, as the back end isn't bouncing around as much. I think everyone might have to come a little earlier than usual on Saturday to dial their car in

Shaun
2007.03.01, 08:40 PM
Miguel and I put the track together with plenty of extra tiles left over. I think everything is right minus the sweeper. I'm guessing Shaun has the correct tiles to do that?

All you need are 2 blank tiles and a corner tile to make a sweeper.

Did you have 2 blanks and a corner left over?

pinoyboy
2007.03.01, 08:55 PM
oops, miguel and I were trying to figure out how you did it :p. I'm pretty sure there are some blank tiles left over

Shaun
2007.03.01, 09:07 PM
oops, miguel and I were trying to figure out how you did it :p. I'm pretty sure there are some blank tiles left over

There are a few different ways to make the turn. Here's one way to make the turn a little more roomy. :)

AtlRC
2007.03.01, 09:11 PM
Great job Hank! Thanks for building the track and posting pictures! Awsome!

pinoyboy
2007.03.01, 09:12 PM
oh I see, that can definately be made with the extra pieces.

Ninja
2007.03.01, 11:00 PM
we have a turn like that at the corner of our 2 longer straights on the layout we have ran for a couple of weeks. That track looks awesome, cant wait to get there.

wsaenotsock
2007.03.01, 11:18 PM
Nice Hank! That looks like a crap load of speed on the straight. :eek:

pinoyboy
2007.03.01, 11:22 PM
Nice Hank! That looks like a crap load of speed on the straight. :eek:

gee thanks :D . Yea man its pretty fast, adding that sweeper should definately help. I can't hold it wot thorugh there with the ma-010, but the mr-02 might if I can get it setup right.

Also the turn after that is pretty slick with the new tiles there. Maybe I or someone else will change those with some of the other tires so theres more grip on Saturday.

hpgod
2007.03.02, 06:56 AM
The wife informed me I am taking Bake racing saterday. Patrick I need a rental transponder for Bakes mr02. My sister inlaw and neice are taking my 5 month old daughter to the mall of georgia while my wife sleeps and I come play. woohoo. Time to burn some laps tonight after put my daughter to bed and get use to higher grip tires then kyosho 20s.

AtlRC
2007.03.02, 09:49 AM
The wife informed me I am taking Bake racing saterday. Patrick I need a rental transponder for Bakes mr02. My sister inlaw and neice are taking my 5 month old daughter to the mall of georgia while my wife sleeps and I come play. woohoo. Time to burn some laps tonight after put my daughter to bed and get use to higher grip tires then kyosho 20s.

Great! See you guys there. No problem on the extra transponder.

AtlRC
2007.03.02, 10:09 AM
If any new drivers show up, as long as there are at least 2, we could run a Novice class if you'd like!

This is race 5 of 10. There are only 6 races left right now. Remember, you must attend (doesn't matter how you finish) a minimum of 6 races to be eligible for the raffle of the AWD MA010 Mini-Z at the end of the season! If you show up for these final 6 races, you will be eligible! Don't miss this opportunity to win one of these awsome cars! :)

Hope to see you there!!!

Ninja
2007.03.02, 02:07 PM
If any new drivers show up, as long as there are at least 2, we could run a Novice class if you'd like!
we can stick Eric in that class with him ;) :D

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.02, 05:57 PM
we can stick Eric in that class with him ;) :D
Yeah! I'm all for that! I put together a very slow stock 01 chassis that would be perfect! And Lamar wears girl's underpants! :D

Ninja
2007.03.02, 06:03 PM
LMAO, only when I know ur coming over ;)

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.02, 07:32 PM
Why doesn't this site have that puking smilely? :eek:

smackdawall
2007.03.02, 10:36 PM
Track looks great. Does Miguel have any MR02's in stock? I still do not have my z's from the guy on RC Universe and I filed a complaint/resolution with paypal. Wish I had one to come drive with yall. Right now, all i have is the xmod...bought that to soothe the itch waiting on the Zs. Can you say...GARBAGE! Fast motor, but crappy car/radio.

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.02, 10:58 PM
Track looks great. Does Miguel have any MR02's in stock? I still do not have my z's from the guy on RC Universe and I filed a complaint/resolution with paypal. Wish I had one to come drive with yall. Right now, all i have is the xmod...bought that to soothe the itch waiting on the Zs. Can you say...GARBAGE! Fast motor, but crappy car/radio.
He had one in stock the last time I was down there; 2 weeks ago. :o

Ninja
2007.03.02, 11:11 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/Ninjamaster81/Smilies/emot26.gif I cant wait till tomorrow. Im gonna talk alot of trash http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c195/Ninjamaster81/Smilies/ninja.gif

AtlRC
2007.03.03, 12:42 AM

I don't believe Miguel has one right now, but I could be wrong. I'll have an extra tomorrow. If you show up, and Miguel doesn't have one, you can use one of mine. Hope to see you there!

pinoyboy
2007.03.03, 06:15 PM
good stuff today guys. Good turn out and racing! :D

smackdawall
2007.03.03, 07:45 PM
Hey Patrick,

Thanks for the loaner car. I had a blast running today with everyone. Can't wait to get a car of my own, but for now I'll practice with this one. Nice friendly event!

Can't believe how good the miniz's still handle. :)

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.03, 09:17 PM
I kicked Lamer out at the state line and got home a few minutes ago. We ate at that Brazillian buffet across the parking lot, OBA, and it was freakin great! I had a lot of fun racing with ya'll. It's safe to say I've got last place on lockdown, so forget about loosing. :cool:

I tried to take some pics, but I suck at pics almost as much as I suck at driving, so this is all I got:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p619f63b61f6cbbacc21d6ef83956ee33/ea72f4de.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pebb84a955e2b45fc126458fa68eaa3e2/ea72f4df.jpg

And Patrick, I was telling you about that grill and cold air box I have for sale? Well, if anyone is interested in parts for a MK4 VW Golf, I've got 2 neat things on the bay right now:

Kamei Sport Grille - Item #300087244994
Neuspeed cold air box w/ K&N Filter - Item #300087246250
I've also got a Mini Quake roller (Hank :D ) Item #300087241803

AtlRC
2007.03.04, 09:28 AM
Those are good pictures Eric... I like the cars streaking by!

Thanks everyone for coming to race! It was a great turnout and lots of fun! I have to leave now, but I'll be back later tonight at which time I'll post the results and points.

russp
2007.03.04, 04:03 PM
Guys, that track looks like a lot of fun. I will definitely be over there at the next race (17th right?). I'm completely new to the mini-z but not to RC so we'll see how we do. :) I heard these tracks eventually stop giving off so much dust, true? I'm thinking about getting one for the house but all that dust is a turnoff for sure as the wife would not approve too much of that.

- Russ

Ninja
2007.03.04, 09:02 PM
Guys, that track looks like a lot of fun. I will definitely be over there at the next race (17th right?). I'm completely new to the mini-z but not to RC so we'll see how we do. :) I heard these tracks eventually stop giving off so much dust, true? I'm thinking about getting one for the house but all that dust is a turnoff for sure as the wife would not approve too much of that.

- Russ
we have been running on the same track for going on 3 years, and it is still as messy as the day we got it. The only thing you can do for it is sweep, vaccuum it often.

AtlRC
2007.03.04, 11:56 PM
Stock A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/030307-StockAMain.htm)

Stock B-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/030307-StockBMain.htm)

Open A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/030307-OpenAMain.htm)

Points have been updated: Current Points (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/2007WinterSeasonPoints.htm)

AtlRC
2007.03.05, 12:10 AM
Hank - I looked into your missing laps issue for Stock A Main. I figured out that if I split each of your long laps by dividing them by an 8 sec avg lap time, that would add 18 laps to your total. That would give you a total of 45 laps, and that is without subtracting 1 or 2 laps for the time you had to stop and fix your car. Art finished ahead of you with 50 laps... so even if my calculations were short a few laps and we then subtracted a lap or two for your down time, it looks like you probably would have still finished behind Art. This of course is an educated guess, but I'm a little more comfortable that the results are somewhat accurate and you would have finished in the place that you did. Sorry that the system didn't work right for you... remind me next time to run a signal strength test on your car and maybe this won't happen again. Thanks.

hpgod
2007.03.05, 07:13 AM
Blake an I had fun. Glad I got the silver MR01 back on pace. If i did not have the terrible lap I did on lap 13 and I would have been right there with Kevin battling for the podium. The new long track definately gave me a challange with the MR01. If I turned the wheel too far in that corner , then the rear would hop causing me to spin out.

I am tenative the next 2 races with my wife working the night before.

pinoyboy
2007.03.05, 09:00 AM
Hank - I looked into your missing laps issue for Stock A Main. I figured out that if I split each of your long laps by dividing them by an 8 sec avg lap time, that would add 18 laps to your total. That would give you a total of 45 laps, and that is without subtracting 1 or 2 laps for the time you had to stop and fix your car. Art finished ahead of you with 50 laps... so even if my calculations were short a few laps and we then subtracted a lap or two for your down time, it looks like you probably would have still finished behind Art. This of course is an educated guess, but I'm a little more comfortable that the results are somewhat accurate and you would have finished in the place that you did. Sorry that the system didn't work right for you... remind me next time to run a signal strength test on your car and maybe this won't happen again. Thanks.

Thanks for looking into the problem. Maybe I wouldn't have had this problem if I if I didn't leave my transponder at home :p