PDA

View Full Version : PCB Repair/Replacment?

Roketmini
2007.02.23, 07:55 PM
Quick question: I cooked the forward FET on my Harrier Overland. I sent an email to my LHS about it, and they said one of my options was to send it back to the factory (quote below)
We’ll take a look at it, and if it needs to be sent back, we can send it in for repair from here.

My question is this: is it possible to have the FET's upgraded to 3010's and/or stacked for an extra charge, or is it a direct replacement?

Tim Johnson
2007.02.23, 10:26 PM
Quick question: I cooked the forward FET on my Harrier Overland. I sent an email to my LHS about it, and they said one of my options was to send it back to the factory (quote below)

My question is this: is it possible to have the FET's upgraded to 3010's and/or stacked for an extra charge, or is it a direct replacement?

it would be a direct replacment. There are mini-z hobby shops out there that will stack fets for you.

Ninja
2007.02.23, 10:33 PM
there are quite a few members here on the forums that will stack some fets on there for free if you provide the fets (cheap from the shop here) if you are in their area. ask around ;)

imxlr8ed
2007.02.23, 10:47 PM
I'm always out to help... just ship the board and replacement fets to me (and some stamps for return postage). I would strongly suggest getting the 3010s too, I just completed upgrading my whole fleet... amazing how smooth the power is out of these 3010s.

PM me if you want me to do it for you.

Ninja
2007.02.24, 01:03 AM
I would strongly suggest getting the 3010s too, I just completed upgrading my whole fleet... amazing how smooth the power is out of these 3010s.

have you tried a stack of 3010's yet?

mini-z
2007.02.24, 05:12 PM
it would be a direct replacment. There are mini-z hobby shops out there that will stack fets for you.

e.g. http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=423 ... ;) :cool:

Roketmini
2007.02.25, 03:31 PM
Okay thanks for the info.

arch2b
2007.02.25, 04:56 PM
I'm always out to help... just ship the board and replacement fets to me (and some stamps for return postage). I would strongly suggest getting the 3010s too, I just completed upgrading my whole fleet... amazing how smooth the power is out of these 3010s.

PM me if you want me to do it for you.
imx has some serious fet skills. he's done work on lots of my cars. :) i can't say enough about how nice a guy he is ;)

imxlr8ed
2007.02.25, 06:19 PM
:o At least off of the track... ;)

The shop does great work as well... one of my guys got a turbo done though here a while ago, very clean work.