PDA

View Full Version : Member Reputation/Feedback

NikeSB
2007.02.25, 03:45 PM
With the new buy/sell/trade section up and running, I think it would be a good idea for us to have a Reputation system where we can leave feedback for people we have done business with. Thoughts?

arch2b
2007.02.25, 05:51 PM
yes and no. the last thing we need is a flame fest if someone doesn't like feedback received. our policy is that all problems be resolved via email as buys/sales/trades thru this forum are in no way the responsibility of the forum or shop. the marketplace forum was created as a result of long term member requests as a courtesy to allow members to buy/sell/trade items. i know other forums have this but i have not seen any real benifit to it as someone can just as easily post a warning in whatever thread is posted which will likley end up in the thread being closed which in turn gets moderators involved. if you want this thread to be the start of a long term running thread than i have no problems with that.

i just don't want moderators here involved in disputes over this as they already have enough to do and these issues really should be handled personally via email or personal contact vs. public disputes online.

i can't stress this enough, however it's the most common mistake made. read, read and read some more. there are years of knowledge available here at yoru mouse/keyboard access. more often than not a little research or effort will provide you with what you want to know. if not, than i'm sure we will see a post asking any number of the 5 w's.

NikeSB
2007.02.25, 06:04 PM
yes and no. the last thing we need is a flame fest if someone doesn't like feedback received. our policy is that all problems be resolved via email as buys/sales/trades thru this forum are in no way the responsibility of the forum or shop. the marketplace forum was created as a result of long term member requests as a courtesy to allow members to buy/sell/trade items. i know other forums have this but i have not seen any real benifit to it as someone can just as easily post a warning in whatever thread is posted which will likley end up in the thread being closed which in turn gets moderators involved. if you want this thread to be the start of a long term running thread than i have no problems with that.

i just don't want moderators here involved in disputes over this as they already have enough to do and these issues really should be handled personally via email or personal contact vs. public disputes online.

i can't stress this enough, however it's the most common mistake made. read, read and read some more. there are years of knowledge available here at yoru mouse/keyboard access. more often than not a little research or effort will provide you with what you want to know. if not, than i'm sure we will see a post asking any number of the 5 w's.

From my experience, no forums ever claim responsibility for what the members choose to do when it comes to a buy/sell/trade section. I think you might have misunderstood me, which is probably my fault for not explaining. I should have mentioned it, but I was talking about incorporating the iTrader system into the forums. I'm sure you have seen it, but if not it works pretty much the same way that ebay feedback does.

[img=http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7344/exampleji3.th.jpg] (http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exampleji3.jpg)

I thought it would be good to have, so when people want to buy, sell, or trade with another member, they can look at the feedback that that have accumulated here as opposed to feedback from another place like ebay. This system works amazingly well one one18th, and many other sites, and I thought it would be a good addition to this site too.

arch2b
2007.02.25, 06:12 PM
:p why didn't you put all that in the 1st post?;)

i'll check with admin to see if it's possible. thanks for the suggestion :)

NikeSB
2007.02.25, 06:18 PM
Yea, sorry about that. My original post was far too vague to make any sense. Haha. Thanks for checking with the admin too. :D

cowboysir
2007.02.28, 03:31 PM
I'd like to agree with NikeSB...

For example, I juts completed a transaction with pinoyboy that came out very well and this would be an opportunity for me to add to his trader rating.

The one thing we could do without(that's over at one18th) is the "Scammer's hall of shame" type of threads...those are pathetic "he said, she said..." threads that do no good whatsoever.

It's up to a member to look up the other members previous trader rating...it's all about research to avoid getting scammed.

arch2b
2007.02.28, 03:43 PM
i agree. i do not want threads on feedback. they never amount to anything good. i do like the idea of it being part of thier profile.

NikeSB
2007.02.28, 05:49 PM
The one thing we could do without(that's over at one18th) is the "Scammer's hall of shame" type of threads...those are pathetic "he said, she said..." threads that do no good whatsoever.

I agree with you here. The idea of the hall of shame is a good one in the sense that it is good for people to know about scammers, but the display that One18th puts on is pretty unprofessional.

marc
2007.02.28, 09:52 PM
Maybe just do a 1-10 rating for people? Instead of complaining about a trade that went sour, just rate theme at 1 for not worth doing buisness with, to 10 pleasure doing buisness with. And simply leave it at that.

NikeSB
2007.02.28, 10:37 PM
While that is a good idea, I do see some flaws. Lets say you give somebody a 4. People will be curious as to why you gave them that score. There could be many reasons for the person earning that score, and and argument will be almost inevitable. With the iTrader feedback system anybody can just look at somebody's profile and look at the feedback rating (positive, neutral, or negative), and a small comment. The iTrader system is pretty simple, and well organized where as your idea could possibly go in the direction that Arch said he didn't want the feedback to go in. How do you see your idea being put into action? A special section for feedback like on rctech?