PDA

View Full Version : Stafford, UK March 11 gtg

byebye
2007.02.27, 06:02 AM
OK, Date and venue booked:

'STAFFORD NASCAR 500' - Banked Oval with CP Cup Cars Participating!!!

(Please be aware that there will only be 1 or 2 extra cars on offer so it's first come first served basis, or we'll have to sort out so that we can have a driver change so we can all run)
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/985/medium/bankedoval.JPG

Sunday 11th March 2007

Wildwood Community Centre
Winchester Court
Stafford
ST17 4RA
UK

From 1pm - 10pm

£5 per racer for the entire day! (free for first timers!)

There are kitchen facilities onsite, you can bring food and drink with you - there's a microwave and Brian will have a grill ;)

Originally posted by Jonny :D

-Byebye

Jonny
2007.02.27, 06:50 AM
He he, thanks ;)

I've been chatting and updating and uploading & posting pics and all sorts this morning, so I kinda threw that in the wrong place!

Jonny

Programmers
2007.02.27, 08:58 AM
That track is beastie. How long will 500 laps take?

byebye
2007.02.27, 09:08 AM
Probably just over an hour maybe????????

I think we were sub 8 sec laps or so. That was 8 min heats I think. Maybe Jonny or Brian can pull up the core logs for that race.

It will be similar to a 1 hour endurance race but this is oval set at 500 laps. I'd say, with the 2x2 FET upgrades he wants me to do for all the cars, and with them running x-speeds, probably 3-4 battery changes.

And don't forget tire wear. Chances are the tires are the same since last race so they may not last as long or have the same grip as before.

-Byebye

Programmers
2007.02.27, 09:11 AM
Could be good - I look forward to it. I've not seen or know much about Nascar.

herman
2007.03.13, 10:40 PM
how'd it go? how many guys showed up? must've been good fun... :D

Jonny
2007.03.14, 03:36 AM
Hi all,

Had a real good time, glad you were all there to enjoy it and I'm sure a strange and sentimental one for Byebye, Sheila and Drew being their last Stafford meet for some time (I won't say last 'ever' time!) :(

Took an age to get going but there was lots of buying, selling and trading going on as well as plenty of car talk and advice going about the pits! Of course the large Nascar Oval and Wooden banking structure was an undertaking to get setup but glad we got the 'Stafford 500' underway.

There were 8 cars taking part (that's as many as we had!) The field was spread incredibly wide some running 200 laps behind but we all enjoyed the speed and bashin'! Congratulations to Rocket Rich, who took the win with 500 laps (who'd have guessed it!) in 53mins 03 sec (including the small glitch in timing). Byebye closely following with 489 laps completed and 1min 6sec behind.

I'd obviously have liked to run some more races - mod 02's, F1's and such but we were never going to achieve that yesterday! Next time...

Neo, Programmers and Tom, I'm pleased you are starting to tune up your cars and get familiar with the Mini Z brand. Onward and Upward! :D

Next date TBA

Jonny

herman
2007.03.14, 10:00 PM
congrats... :D