PDA

View Full Version : Can you rent a micro track/timing system local?

russp
2007.03.01, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know if you can rent any RC timing systems/track for indoor use locally here in the Atlanta area?

My company, Scientific Atlanta, is considering the use of something like this for a cancer fundraiser in-house event after seeing the cool stuff at http://www.raceparties.com.

We have also just considered buying a system of our own that would support at least 4 cars but I wanted to check into rental first.

Thaks,

- Russ

Draconious
2007.03.01, 10:47 AM
Contact RCPTracks.com they do track rentals... located in CA however... but im sure they can help in some way.

they can provide cars, tracks, and a timer... They have more than just mini-z as well...

Ninja
2007.03.01, 11:43 AM
or you can try the local guys at ATL RC. They may rent you their track and timing system if the company will make it worth their time ;)

AtlRC
2007.03.01, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know if you can rent any RC timing systems/track for indoor use locally here in the Atlanta area?

My company, Scientific Atlanta, is considering the use of something like this for a cancer fundraiser in-house event after seeing the cool stuff at http://www.raceparties.com.

We have also just considered buying a system of our own that would support at least 4 cars but I wanted to check into rental first.

Thaks,

- Russ

Hey Russ!

How many cars would you need? Miguel and I might consider renting the track and lap counting system... the only issue might be the number of cars required.

-Patrick

russp
2007.03.01, 04:33 PM
Hey Russ!

How many cars would you need? Miguel and I might consider renting the track and lap counting system... the only issue might be the number of cars required.

-Patrick

We would need at least 4 cars. 6 would be great but 4 would do (with spare of course). I would be even interested in just renting the track and timing system if that works better as I can pick up some Xmods if nothing else to use. Let me know. Particularly want to know size of the track you could rent out. You can email me at

rusreb@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
- Russ

russp
2007.03.02, 09:47 AM
The more I look at this I think we would need something like 2 wide-L sets if we were to use an official track since the area I would like to cover minimum is about 20' by 12-15'. The cafeteria area does have nice short carpet tiles though so I would think a carpet track would work very nicely with something like PVC to make the boundaries? Any suggestions here?

What I really need though is the timing system. We have considered just buying the I-lap system but that's about $500 base and then add the cost of cars and some track materials and the costs gets close to $1000, which makes me wince even though we could reuse it for several years to come. Hence, if I could at least rent the timing system it would help a lot.

- Russ

arch2b
2007.03.02, 09:56 AM
there are several lap timing systems in the core price range you could review.

core
giro-z
i-lap
lap-z
and i think there may be some more obscure systems?

bemoore
2007.03.03, 06:40 PM
Russ,

I'm a Scientific-Atlanta employee. Is there any help I could offer?

I don't think you want more than 4 cars on the track at a time. The track gets crowded with more than 4, except with very experienced drivers.

Billy Moore

smackdawall
2007.03.03, 06:48 PM
Russ,

Is this the same Russ that used to run miniz's at Funtime? If so, what have you been up to?

Billy,

Great racing with you. Didnt know you worked for scientific atlanta. I have been working to win that account a bit over the years. :) I work for Lanier/RIcoh. Trying to get MFP (copier/netowrk/document solutions) business.

russp
2007.03.03, 07:12 PM
Not the same Russ unfortunately. However, I'm getting pretty interested in these. I ordered one off ebay before I found this group and it should get here next week (MR01 with some upgrades on it). I plan to bring it to the hobby shop and race a bit on the Saturdays they have races. I plan to buy one or two more (one for my 6 year old boy at least) but have not decided if I want an MR02 Kyosho or the yet to be released Iwaver which has some nice features to it. I guess a lot will depend on my experience with the MR01 when it arrives.

Billy,
I'll look you up at work assuming you are at the Sugarloaf Facility. We can use any advice/help we can get on this. Mostly advice though at this point.

mini-z
2007.03.04, 10:03 AM
Russ,

Is this the same Russ that used to run miniz's at Funtime? If so, what have you been up to?

I'm still in contact w/ that Russ if you mean Russ P - I'll see if I can get him to post! :)

Russ,
Billy,

Great racing with you. Didnt know you worked for scientific atlanta. I have been working to win that account a bit over the years. :) I work for Lanier/RIcoh. Trying to get MFP (copier/netowrk/document solutions) business.

When you get the fat contract, be sure to credit MZR, the powerful business networking site! :D

Russ
2007.03.04, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I'm still around! I wish I could come out saturdays but I have to work every sat.

Who's that asking about me? I've been holding down the parts dept. at Toyota Mall of Ga. Taking care of the wife, our house, and our cars. I'm starting to get back into mountain biking for my own sake. I also found a freeride mtn. bike park up 400 north a bit.

I'll be around. Hit me up russ@mini-zracer.com

See ya!

AtlRC
2007.03.05, 07:34 PM
Not the same Russ unfortunately. However, I'm getting pretty interested in these. I ordered one off ebay before I found this group and it should get here next week (MR01 with some upgrades on it). I plan to bring it to the hobby shop and race a bit on the Saturdays they have races. I plan to buy one or two more (one for my 6 year old boy at least) but have not decided if I want an MR02 Kyosho or the yet to be released Iwaver which has some nice features to it. I guess a lot will depend on my experience with the MR01 when it arrives.

Billy,
I'll look you up at work assuming you are at the Sugarloaf Facility. We can use any advice/help we can get on this. Mostly advice though at this point.

Hey Russ,

Click on my name (AtlRC) and send me an e-mail if you want to discuss renting some stuff.

I hope you can make it to race with us sometime too! We'd be glad to help you out anyway we can.

-Patrick

pinoyboy
2007.03.07, 07:42 PM
hey Russ, my dad told me he heard you and Billy talking today at work about some stuff and asked if you guys knew me :p

Sorry for being off topic, but just thought I'd mention it :D

bemoore
2007.03.08, 03:36 PM
hey Russ, my dad told me he heard you and Billy talking today at work about some stuff and asked if you guys knew me :p

Sorry for being off topic, but just thought I'd mention it :D
Hank,

Your dad's office is right next to mine. We share a wall. Small world, eh? I told him all about how you cheat.

Just kidding. ;)

wsaenotsock
2007.03.08, 03:56 PM
Man that's weird.

But yeah Hank is a huge cheater.

smackdawall
2007.03.08, 09:33 PM
Cheater or not,

That boy can drive! I told you Hank, you would be awesome in a touring car or larger with an onroad track. :)

Look forward to running with yall again soon. Small world for sure.

pinoyboy
2007.03.08, 11:16 PM
Yea man, it is a small world. Can't wait to race again! I guess you can call me a cheater if I used a day in my spring break to go tune both my cars :p

I changed to a new stock motor in my mr-02 and it has more punch. My MA-010 feels really good now, not like last race where it understeered like crazy! I can finally take advantage of my 3x2 fet stack. I get a little more top end with it and punch. :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/ANTENNA003-1.jpg

Anyone down for some runs saturday?

herman
2007.03.09, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I'm still around! I wish I could come out saturdays but I have to work every sat.

Who's that asking about me? I've been holding down the parts dept. at Toyota Mall of Ga. Taking care of the wife, our house, and our cars. I'm starting to get back into mountain biking for my own sake. I also found a freeride mtn. bike park up 400 north a bit.

I'll be around. Hit me up russ@mini-zracer.com

See ya!

that's the russ i used to know... if i remember it right, weren't you the one trying to put an ae86 back together? any time for mini-z?

smackdawall
2007.03.09, 07:51 AM
Russ,

Just getting back into racing. I was (still am) the big guy that was at Funtime (Rodgers) and got kicked out of the hobby shop for questioning his ethics in selling something that wouldnt work too many times. You used to drive the classic skyline body and I was driving the Castrol Honda NSK.

Glad to see you are still around. You were the closest thing I had to competition back then. Used to whoop up on Maurice too much. :)

Bryan

wsaenotsock
2007.03.09, 04:55 PM
Anyone down for some runs saturday?

I'm thinking about it. What time you plan on being out there?

smackdawall
2007.03.09, 08:50 PM
Just ordered another Z since the guy from Japan is taking forever. Got a Takata Dome 2004, obviously not with the new FETs but im good with that. I will just have to upgrade them. :)

pinoyboy
2007.03.09, 08:57 PM
I'm thinking about it. What time you plan on being out there?

when ever man. How is noon?

wsaenotsock
2007.03.09, 10:02 PM
Cool, I'll be out there around that time then.