PDA

View Full Version : 12 hours at Oberkirch 2007!

byebye
2007.03.02, 04:14 AM
Here is the mini-z only version of television show coverage of the 12 hour race in Oberkirch this past January.

Thanks to everyone at CRC for a great event and Alain for editing.

I know it's all in german but you can understand some of my famous last words. "We'll make it up", and "we'll be ready for next year" ;)

http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/videos/12hOberkirch2007DMAXLowRes.wmv

-Byebye

Jonny
2007.03.02, 04:55 AM
Here is the mini-z only version of television show coverage of the 12 hour race in Oberkirch this past January.

Thanks to everyone at CRC for a great event and Alain for editing.

I know it's all in german but you can understand some of my famous last words. "We'll make it up", and "we'll be ready for next year" ;)
-Byebye
Oh the drama of it all, the build up and expectations to the moment we lost power and the frantic pitting ;)

I loved that the TV crew got our ages wrong, Byebye you're getting on a bit at 37...:D

It was really good to watch the weekends events again, very enjoyable even with the German voiceovers.

Jonny

Programmers
2007.03.02, 05:18 AM
That was a really good watch. It was hard to understand what you two were saying because the German was dubbed so loud. All I could make out was Jonny saying something about not giving away secrets.

It looked like a good time. Is this anual?

Jonny
2007.03.02, 05:36 PM
That was a really good watch. It was hard to understand what you two were saying because the German was dubbed so loud. All I could make out was Jonny saying something about not giving away secrets.

It looked like a good time. Is this anual?
Yea, it was a really good experience. This is planned again for next year, we haven't any solid plans for a mid '07 race yet but it may happen.

What I did mean to say earlier is that I didn't get the impression that our 3rd Driver, Kafou was mentioned on the feature? I can't speak German, so I'm not 100% sure. He does feature and speaks to the TV Crew regarding our problems but the dubbing and the Titles don't seem to reflect this. I hope that I have just got it wrong, perhaps Jo could clarify for us?

Jonny

herman
2007.03.02, 08:06 PM
can't seem to view the vid... :(

Fovea3d
2007.03.02, 10:06 PM
Thanks Jonny! It was a pleasure to edit, but the rest of the show (1h total) is not bad either if you like RC jets, and other extreme RC.
I think the link is not correct, here Herman, this should work 12h Oberkirch 07 mini-z special cut (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/videos/12hOberkirch2007DMAXLowRes.wmv)
It was a great event, with some good amount of fun, witch is the norm at the CRC track anyway :cool:
Next year will be terrific, this race really turns out to a international event, it was real fun hearing all these mixed languages in the pits :D
I would like to see more of the guys from all the countries surrounding, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Switzerland...
I noticed that the TV crew filmed almost non stop during the 12h and it ended up to this 7mn sequence. I remember they shoot us while reparing the chassis with a Tagu towerbar, they really cut many things off. But nice show none of the less.

Too bad they did not mention Kafou aka François. He really pushed the blue Murcie, I think he broke the lap record during the race, your car was fast Kris, Jonny, :eek:

BTW I am the guy with the cowboy hat, the french team wears wigs and hats, for fun, but also as a strategy to spot each other in the crowd ;)

byebye
2007.03.03, 02:41 AM
Yeah we really really had a great time! I hope to see more teams as well. Maybe an invitational?

I thought they did a great job of coverage but I think next time we will have to do a seperate type of coverage for ourselves. Basically a crew that can interview all the drivers, get multiple track cameras. Give a report on the current standings and such. Even get a commentator. But in what language??? lol!

I like your blog Alain(even though I didn't understand it) it was a great idea.

-Byebye

Jonny
2007.03.03, 03:41 AM
Too bad they did not mention Kafou aka François. He really pushed the blue Murcie, I think he broke the lap record during the race, your car was fast Kris, Jonny, :eek:

Thanks again Alain, I downloaded the full version and watched it also and you're right there are some interesting models there especially the jets.

Thanks for your translation, as I said I didn't think they mentioned Kafou as part of our team :( The crew had our details down, so something was missed in the editing I guess. Yes, the fastest lap of the 12 hour, set by Kafou was a 9.8 :D A very, very good driver (Wish all you guys could get your times on the HFAY standings!)

Jonny

herman
2007.03.06, 12:08 AM
cool video... :D

BTW I am the guy with the cowboy hat, the french team wears wigs and hats, for fun, but also as a strategy to spot each other in the crowd

cool strategy... saw your site... cool site...

will3kgt
2007.03.06, 06:12 PM
That was a great video. I hope to see an event like this in North America soon.

imxlr8ed
2007.03.06, 06:51 PM
Awesome coverage !

byebye
2007.03.07, 01:10 AM
Yeah I watched that vid like 10 times! They did a good job covering the hobby. Our third and driver and fastest driver of the night, Kafou did not get enough coverage though.

What would be awesome next year is to have a commentator for the race. Someone covering current standings and stuff.

It was truly the highlight of my mini-z experiences.

-Byebye

tudor_47
2007.03.13, 02:21 AM
HI
downloaded and watched the video and I am curios were do I get more info on this event?
would be interesting to go there and participate in the race.

race info would be in english I hope as my german is really bad.

byebye
2007.03.13, 03:57 AM
HI
downloaded and watched the video and I am curios were do I get more info on this event?
would be interesting to go there and participate in the race.

race info would be in english I hope as my german is really bad.

This was the thread I started for the 2007 race that you watched.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23587

The organizer is "avant" on this forum. If you read thru you'll find links to thier forum but it is in German.

Right now I don't believe there is any "official" announcment for the 2008 race but I wasn't aware of the 2007 race until November.

I've already started on a prototype car for 2008.

-Byebye

EMU
2007.03.13, 01:39 PM
Great video... Love the night racing. ;) I understand very little German, but watching the video is enough to get whats going on. Would be nice to see a recap of the race with highlights...

Watching the video makes me really want to run Endurance races, a 12 hour race in the states would be great :D If the track is big enough, I would think that there could be multiple classes like LeMans. Could have Kyosho stock motors as a GT2 class, stock fet motors as a GT1 class, and modified cars as P1...

I think too much for my own good sometimes.

mk2kompressor
2007.04.21, 07:29 AM
id bring my cam and be the commentator :D
cool video :cool:

byebye
2007.04.25, 08:30 AM
id bring my cam and be the commentator :D
cool video :cool:

You're welcome to come! Thats something we do need is someone to commentate and give up to the minute info.

-Byebye