PDA

View Full Version : best 1000 nimah batt?

herman
2007.03.02, 05:16 AM
just wondering, can someone plot the performance of 1000mah NiMH AAA Cells from sinister's compilation Data Sheets
(from this thread - http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24438) and find out which comes out on top? thanks... :D

homestar21
2007.03.02, 05:18 PM
I'd like to know that too. Thanks!

BTW, herman, you're in the Philippines? I visit every year. My family live in Makati, Quezon, and Manila!

herman
2007.03.02, 08:54 PM
hi homestar21...

yep in the phil... active in these forums since nov 2001... hahaha that's been a long time... think i'm the only mini-z nut here...

I visit every year. My family live in Makati, Quezon, and Manila!
hmm... big family... when do you usually visit? and where you from? you into mini-z's?

homestar21
2007.03.03, 06:15 PM
I visit in the summer. My parents were born in the Philippines, but my brother and I were born in the US. I like Mini-Zs, and before mini-Z liked xmods.

herman
2007.03.05, 01:12 AM
email when you can... hmc_jr@yahoo.com

herman
2007.03.05, 01:12 AM
now back on topic... any results? :D

pinoyboy
2007.06.10, 03:20 PM
now back on topic... any results? :D

I bought a mini z from a guy and he included a brand new set of GP1000s that were never charged. I put them in my lacrosse charger in refresh mode, and all but one was over 1000mah. The other batery was at 993mah.I have not used them on the track yet though.

At first, the data sheets for the Fuji and GP 1000mah batteries have the same specs, but it seems some of the Fuji are usually in the 800-900 range :confused:

I think I might buy a couple more GP1000s since all my Intellects are well below 750mah. I'll break them in on my lacrosse and see if they exceed 1000mah too.

Flashsp-2
2007.06.11, 04:01 AM
The only 1000s I have still are my old GP, but they are pretty beat (all peak below 800mAh). The best I have seen so far are the Eneloops I have, they all peaked over 900 and the voltage range was from 1.52 to 1.54. These are definitely my new favorites, even if they are a bit pricy. All this info was gathered on my BC900.

GrfxDan
2007.06.11, 08:09 AM
Were do you buy GP 1000mah batteries?

Flashsp-2
2007.06.11, 08:46 AM
Were do you buy GP 1000mah batteries?

RCstation, but I don't know if they carry them anymore, I haven't checked in a while. I don't use mine any more, they are more than a year old, and I prefer the Intellects and Eneloops anyway...

pinoyboy
2007.06.11, 01:19 PM
RCstation, but I don't know if they carry them anymore, I haven't checked in a while. I don't use mine any more, they are more than a year old, and I prefer the Intellects and Eneloops anyway...

I haven't tried eneloops, but I did try Rayovac hybrids. They were all within their rated capacity and even voltages of over 1.5 after break in. However, when on the track, they were very flat.

If eneloops and intellects are the same in performance, I think intellects would be the way to go since they're much cheaper

GrfxDan
2007.06.11, 01:48 PM
I've been using Intellects for some time now (several months) and they have much more punch than any other battery I've tried. I have not tried Eneloops or GPs so I'm curious how they compare.

TheRinger
2007.06.13, 10:06 PM
I've been using duracell 900 and 1000 mah aaa batteries and they work great. I personally have not tried many other batteries but I never had a need to because the duracells work great, though I'm really curious how the GP 1100's do. With the duracells even with the 900mah that I had for over a year still come out at 1000 or more, and some of my 1000 mah batteries have charged to 1300 mah. And the longest run time I've got out of them is 45 minutes and its a slow discharge and they don't just die after a few minutes of run time. I always hear that intellects are a good battery and have great punch but don't last long. Is that true?

GrfxDan
2007.06.13, 10:18 PM
I always hear that intellects are a good battery and have great punch but don't last long. Is that true?

I get about 20-25 minutes of run time from my Intellects, but what I like the most is that they pack more punch than any other battery I've tried and there's virtually no noticeable drop for about the first 10 minutes of run time. I haven't paid much attention to what mah they charge to, I'm more interested in practical performance. An added bonus is that Intellects are very inexpensive.

I really like Intellects, but if there's something better out there I want to know about it.

TheRinger
2007.06.13, 11:11 PM
I get about 20-25 minutes of run time from my Intellects, but what I like the most is that they pack more punch than any other battery I've tried and there's virtually no noticeable drop for about the first 10 minutes of run time. I haven't paid much attention to what mah they charge to, I'm more interested in practical performance. An added bonus is that Intellects are very inexpensive.

I really like Intellects, but if there's something better out there I want to know about it.
I don't know of whats better when it comes to different batteries, the guys I race with use intellect batteries and they say they got the most punch but have a noticeable drop after 8 to 10 minutes, though I guess that doesn't matter when racing hfay I want to know that the batteries will keep that charge for longer and the duracells do just that. They have very little drop over a period of racing to the point that U can adjust to it very quickly and doesn't ruin your driving and have a good amount of power. But based on what U and other people say about intellects I think I'm going to buy a couple of sets and try them out. I've only been racing mini z's for a little over a year now and haven't got around to trying abunch of different batteries, the only ones I've tried so far is GP 700's, well used energizer 850 and 900's and radio shack 700's and I like the duracells the best by far. I would definetly recommend them.

GrfxDan
2007.06.13, 11:23 PM
The guys you race with are telling it like it is. Intellects have great punch for about 10 minutes - perfect for an 8 minute HFAY race. I haven't tried duracells but I have tried Energizers, Atomics and LaCrosse batteries. None of them even begin to compare the punch the Intellects have.

TheRinger
2007.06.13, 11:41 PM
I would definetly recommend giving duracells a try. I have ten sets of them. And I will be getting intellects soon. I've also got a set of lacross batteries that came with the charger and I'am not impressed with them either. They are just practice batteries to me. And as far as GP's go I don't think I will buy another set.

GrfxDan
2007.06.13, 11:45 PM
I would definetly recommend giving duracells a try. I have ten sets of them. And I will be getting intellects soon.

I may pickup a set of them just to see how they compare to the Intellects.

rharris
2007.06.14, 01:51 AM
Intelects are good. You need a good charger to keep from trashing them. I like the MH-9000 at 800ma

For easy of use, the duracell 1000's with the 15min charger are hard to beat. Plus you can run to walmart when you need some more.

I usualy race with duracell's. They have never let me down.

My Intelects all went bad after a few months. When they go bad, they die after 4min.

The duracells just keep going, and going, and go... oh.. wrong commercial.

The most demanding car I have is my Open Class AWD. I can only run Duracell's and new Intelects.

I also have

IC3 (good, but don't always charge - and you need the ic3 charger)
Fujicells 1000's (long lasting, a little flat)
RadioShack 800's (last forever - no punch)
PN Racing 800's (decent, but not for AWD)
Atomic Mods (junk. I may have gotten a bad batch)
LaCross ( I stuck them in a flashlight :D )

TALLGEESE
2007.06.14, 03:04 AM
Hey guys, I agree w/The Ringer and rharris on the Duracell 1000's.. Very, very nice batteries, I can personally vouch for The Ringer getting over 1300Mah on a Lacrosse BC-900 charger.. I've got one set that hits around 1500Mah :eek: on the same model charger, but not consistently...The Duracells also dump their energy gradually, they don't run strong for 20min and then die... I have to wonder about the Fuji batteries though, as Pinoyboy stated earlier, although they're rated as 1000Mah batteries, they usually only charge up to around 800-900Mah tops... I'm really anxious to try out the newer GP 1100Mah batteries.. I'm curious to see how much punch they have, and what Mah they charge up to...

bobbyz
2007.06.16, 06:20 PM
ditto for thumbs up on the duracells. i have the 15min duracell charger and just got a pack of the 1000's. they are working great so far. just an aside, i was at walmart today and saw some offbrand 1000 mah aaa nimh for only $5 for a 4pack!!! they were made by Sakar. because they were so inexpensive i was hesitant to them, but may grab some this next week. anyone else see or try these yet? the price is definately right at half the cost of duracells.

hpgod
2007.08.21, 12:51 PM
i was at walmart today and saw some offbrand 1000 mah aaa nimh for only $5 for a 4pack!!! they were made by Sakar. because they were so inexpensive i was hesitant to them, but may grab some this next week. anyone else see or try these yet? the price is definately right at half the cost of duracells.

I tried the Sakar batteries and they were the worst cells I have ever seen on the track. I charged them in my duracell 30 minute charger. They ran like the car was on 3 cells. I thought something was wrong with the car so i popped in a set of intellects i ran for 5 minutes a few days before and it ws the junk cells and not the car. After 1 cycle they are now in a remote:)

Mcclaren27
2007.08.23, 07:40 AM
I tried the Sakar batteries and they were the worst cells I have ever seen on the track. I charged them in my duracell 30 minute charger. They ran like the car was on 3 cells. I thought something was wrong with the car so i popped in a set of intellects i ran for 5 minutes a few days before and it ws the junk cells and not the car. After 1 cycle they are now in a remote:)

I have been running IC3s and now that I'm getting a bit better I can see their limitations. My brother has been using the Energizer 15 minute charger with Duracells and having good results. Really likes the Duracells. I picked up an Energizer charger and some Duracells and might get them fired up this weekend. I also grabbed the Maha WizardOne, so we'll see how much fun that is.

hpgod
2007.08.23, 07:51 AM
Has anyone tried SANYO 1000s yet?
I only see them at a few stores right now as now stillc arry the old SANYO 900s

I have been doing some research on digaital camera forums and found a performance review of 1000 MAh cells. 1000 SANYO had the highest capacity and the wattage was the best also. 2nd best from what is could tell was Powerex. I found out Sony and Energizers are rebagaged SANYOs. They also say the enloops are high voltage but have a high resistance. The word is Low discharge cells give up capacity for the low discharge property. great for remotes and GPS but the best for high drain applications where you plan on draining the cell in 1 day.

Mcclaren27
2007.08.26, 06:32 AM

I have been doing some research on digaital camera forums and found a performance review of 1000 MAh cells. 1000 SANYO had the highest capacity and the wattage was the best also. 2nd best from what is could tell was Powerex. I found out Sony and Energizers are rebagaged SANYOs. They also say the enloops are high voltage but have a high resistance. The word is Low discharge cells give up capacity for the low discharge property. great for remotes and GPS but the best for high drain applications where you plan on draining the cell in 1 day.

Probably explains why Enloops are seen on the digital camera web sites.

bobbyz
2007.08.26, 02:32 PM
i did go ahead and purchase a set of Sakar 1000mah from walmart, and have to agree w/ hpgod on these cells. not so great. the don't perform so well, and the posative end of the cell is shaped in such a way that the batts will not seat properly in my duracell 15m charger, so i have to charge them in my older radio shack 2hour charger. basically you get a cheap product for a cheap price. better to stick with duracell 1000mah in my opinion.

kwellst
2007.08.26, 10:51 PM
ive got some of the sakar 1k mah batteries. i like them, i can usually hang w/ the other guys who run the duracell 1k's. i run them on the energizer 15min charger, as well as my pirana digital charger. yea they are 6 bucks for 4 of them, they are cheap and last winter i had 2 packs burn up on me. i still think that the performance of them is up there as long as they are run straight from the charger to the car. if they sit and cool they dont work as well.

i did go ahead and purchase a set of Sakar 1000mah from walmart, and have to agree w/ hpgod on these cells. not so great. the don't perform so well, and the posative end of the cell is shaped in such a way that the batts will not seat properly in my duracell 15m charger, so i have to charge them in my older radio shack 2hour charger. basically you get a cheap product for a cheap price. better to stick with duracell 1000mah in my opinion.

hpgod
2007.09.11, 07:19 AM
I got some sanyo 1000s in today and should have some on track feedback in a day or 2. I am hoping they are an upgrade to my duracell 1000s I currently use for my F1. I will also compare them to my intellects I run in my stock car.

hpgod
2007.09.12, 07:04 AM
I got to run the SANYO 1000s last night, I just threw them out of the package into the duracell 30 minute charger then into my mr01 stock car car. ran 5 minutes in the stock car , punch was great, voltage was great. speed and acceration was right there with my practice set of intellects I run daily. I then ran intellects for 5 minutes as a back to back comparision. I then took the same sanyo 1000s no repeak and put them in my mild modified f1 car for 10 minutes. speed and punch was better then my duracell 1000s . I felt the batteries afterword and the motor was warm but the batteries were cool. They were much cooler then intellects and durecell 1000s in the same car. This makes me beleive they have the lowest internal resistance of any cell if have run. They have no falloff in mod like intellects do when the heat up internally. Weight was 25g for 2 cells same as my intellects.

This was only the first charge so it can only get better. All AAAs I have ever ran in the past took 3 charges to wake up after sitting. These are good cells for stock and really good cells for mod IMO. I paid $20 with free shipping to get 8 cells.

ub0211042
2007.09.13, 08:51 AM
for me, i prefer Vapex 1000mAh battery (orange color, goes well with my orange PN alum)
it gives me the punch i need for my AWD but the downside is the battery wrap tends to torn..now i just need to find heat shrink plastic re-wrap the batts.

I'm also using the sanyo eneloop and very satisfied with it. (nice to look at too)
Fujicell...huh seems like not enough punch from it.

sanyo 1000, my friends batts can be charged until 950++ mAh but no punch at all (maybe manufacturer fault)

phea
2007.09.17, 04:27 PM

I've recently picked up 2 packs of Sanyo 1000's, and all I can say is WOW. They pack so much punch and the cells drop is minimal so they are very consistant. I always charge them with my La Crosse charger and all of them always peak over 1000mah around 1070mah average to be exact. On my modded AWD I cannot top out on the local track's straight a way because these cells are so powerful. With all being said I highly recommend these cells. :)

TALLGEESE
2007.09.17, 08:28 PM
I usually swear by the Duracells, but since a lot of people have been saying how good the Sanyo 1000's are, I'd like to try some out.. Where can you get these?? Does any major retailers sell them?{Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, Target}...

TALLGEESE
2007.09.17, 11:28 PM
phea, I got you're E-mail, thanks for the info.. I'm defineately going to try the Sanyo 1000's out now...

jaank
2007.10.04, 04:25 AM
I have 1000mah GP-s and 1000mah Vapex.And both is very good.

Programmers
2007.10.04, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I second that. GP Industrials are good.

ub0211042
2007.10.04, 02:05 PM
i found that vapex are very good but the wrapping seems very fragile...

Tjay
2007.11.02, 07:01 PM
sanyo 900's and 1000's.

minittrackmann
2007.11.05, 12:46 PM
for some reason my duracells are not the greatest... they have long run time, but do not have a lot of punch at all. maybe they were just a bad set?

TheRinger
2007.11.07, 08:23 PM
for some reason my duracells are not the greatest... they have long run time, but do not have a lot of punch at all. maybe they were just a bad set?
Give sanyo eneloops a try.

Flashsp-2
2007.11.07, 09:55 PM
Give sanyo eneloops a try.

I'll second that suggestion...

minittrackmann
2007.11.09, 05:22 PM
i just picked up two packs of sony nimh 900's for 20 bucks. has anyone ran these before, are they ok for racing???

Tjay
2007.11.27, 07:51 PM
Update: all my 3 sets of 1000mah sanyo's are now crap! After owning them for 2 months they all lost their punch. It feels like my 2 years old duracell 900's...

On the other hand the sanyo 900's still feels like it's brand new! The punch is awesome even after running them daily for 2 months.