PDA

View Full Version : New racing location

pinwc4
2007.03.02, 02:15 PM
For our next race and for the forseeable future we will be racing out at GT's new facility (old Ameren/IP headquaters). They have been kind enough to let us temporarily use a room. We will be able to leave the track setup at the new location instead of transporting it back and forth for each event.

But we are in need of a few things to make this room work, primarily tables and chairs as there are none in this room. If any of you guys have a cheap way for us to get tables and chairs to leave in this room please post.

Also if any of you have a large monitor or projector you are not using we could make use of it for the lap counter. I have a 19" monitor I will bring but if anyone has a better option laying around it would help.

As it is just an empty room there are probably other things I am not thinking of, like garbage cans for example. Any help would be appreciated.

pinwc4
2007.03.07, 05:47 PM
I am going out to Sams tomorrow or Friday night to get some tables and chairs. For those of you who have already checked out the room can you guys think of anything else that is needed?

GrfxDan
2007.03.07, 11:14 PM
I am going out to Sams tomorrow or Friday night to get some tables and chairs. For those of you who have already checked out the room can you guys think of anything else that is needed?

Tables are most important. There are some metal folding chairs that I found in the lower level. I'm certain they won't be missed if we use them. A trash can will be needed.

If anyone has a small dorm-sized refridgerator that's not being used, it would be nice to have it there to keep drinks in. There are no vending machines at the new location yet.

pinwc4
2007.03.08, 10:17 AM
Tables are most important. There are some metal folding chairs that I found in the lower level. I'm certain they won't be missed if we use them. A trash can will be needed.

If anyone has a small dorm-sized refridgerator that's not being used, it would be nice to have it there to keep drinks in. There are no vending machines at the new location yet.

I wondered about putting a small fridge in there. I was worried they might not like us doing that because of the power bill....

NeoAWD
2007.03.09, 01:11 PM
Also if any of you have a large monitor or projector you are not using we could make use of it for the lap counter. I have a 19" monitor I will bring but if anyone has a better option laying around it would help.
I left a projector in the room at the Amren building. I think the only thing wrong with it is the power source. I'd be glad to let Flipside use it if we can get it working.

pinwc4
2007.03.09, 02:24 PM
I left a projector in the room at the Amren building. I think the only thing wrong with it is the power source. I'd be glad to let Flipside use it if we can get it working.

Any idea what manufacturer or model it is? If not I will figure it out tomorrow

NeoAWD
2007.03.09, 02:27 PM
Any idea what manufacturer or model it is? If not I will figure it out tomorrow
It's an Epson Powerlite, but I don't remember the exact model.

pinwc4
2007.03.10, 12:36 AM

Thanks, I just picked it up. It's an Epson Powerlite S1. I will check it out tomorrow to see if it has any obvious damage.

As a note we got the tables and other 2 tracks setup in the room tomorrow. I just need to remember to bring extension cords otherwise we are pretty set now.

GrfxDan
2007.03.10, 01:13 PM
Thanks, I just picked it up. It's an Epson Powerlite S1. I will check it out tomorrow to see if it has any obvious damage.

As a note we got the tables and other 2 tracks setup in the room tomorrow. I just need to remember to bring extension cords otherwise we are pretty set now.

The setup looks nice. You did a great job. (saw it early this morning). I like the large square track too - it'll be great for setting trim, troubleshooting problems, etc.

BTW, I setup the lap counter computer on the card table; cleans it up a bit and makes it easier to use than when it's on the floor.

I'm making some Flip Side decals to put on your tables and chairs - I'll bring them this afternoon.

pinwc4
2007.03.10, 05:00 PM
The setup looks nice. You did a great job. (saw it early this morning). I like the large square track too - it'll be great for setting trim, troubleshooting problems, etc.

BTW, I setup the lap counter computer on the card table; cleans it up a bit and makes it easier to use than when it's on the floor.

I'm making some Flip Side decals to put on your tables and chairs - I'll bring them this afternoon.

Sweet, thanks for all the work.

We thought about putting the lap counter on the card table but wanted to bug you about it first.

That is exactly what I was thinking with the large square track. With it right next to the pit area people can just put there cars on there to test things instead of dropping them in the middle of races.

pinwc4
2007.03.11, 06:00 PM

Well, I gutted the projector. Let me just say getting to the power supply was a pain in the posterier. But once I looked at the power supply I did not see any obvious sign of damage. The fuse is blown, so maybe nothing else got fried. I will find a replacement fuse put it back together and see if it works.

Thanks, this looks like it may be back to working for less than 5$......

pinwc4
2007.03.11, 09:17 PM
I updated my gallery with pictures from the new location. Check out our new setup....

http://flipsidehobbies.com/g2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=296&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=5912a8c3864329e7d8d3eebd0717aa9c

NeoAWD
2007.03.12, 11:51 AM
Well, I gutted the projector. Let me just say getting to the power supply was a pain in the posterier. But once I looked at the power supply I did not see any obvious sign of damage. The fuse is blown, so maybe nothing else got fried. I will find a replacement fuse put it back together and see if it works.

Thanks, this looks like it may be back to working for less than 5$......

I hope it is that simple. A $5.00 projector for the club would be a awesome! :)

BTW, can you send me the picture of the orange Mclearen F1? I want to add it to my profile. :cool:

pinwc4
2007.03.21, 06:12 PM
Well, it looks like it is not just a simple fuse problem with the projector. I got it together and plugged it in. As soon as it was plugged in it blew the fuse again.

I am going to have to set this aside for a couple weeks while I work on other projects. If anyone else wants to work on it they are welcome.