PDA

View Full Version : re-painting the Formula One body solid color (Black)

junelopez
2007.03.02, 03:46 PM
I am interested in changing the color of my F1 body to black. Since I can't find a white body, I am thinking of stripping and priming the body.. I wanted to do this for a while to have a complete black F1 body (HONDA). Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help guys..

June

Spoon
2007.03.02, 03:50 PM
Two things

1) Black wil be hard to see on RCP
2) Don't use acetone to strip the paint

That's all I've got, good luck.

jbevins
2007.03.02, 04:05 PM
what would be good to use and not hurt the body to strip off paint from a mini-z body?

Ninja
2007.03.02, 04:06 PM
people here have tried everything, but nothing works well on the gloss coat that Kyosho uses on the bodies :(

sjm324
2007.03.02, 04:46 PM
people here have tried everything, but nothing works well on the gloss coat that Kyosho uses on the bodies :(

I would not strip the paint off the body. What works good is to prime the body with automotive primer (you can by in a spray can at any auto paint store). Then paint over the body. Any kind of paint remover or stripper will distort the body.

Ninja
2007.03.02, 05:41 PM
well if I was going to go that route, I would sand the body a little first to get a rough surface for the paint to stick to.

junelopez
2007.03.03, 08:51 AM
I would not strip the paint off the body. What works good is to prime the body with automotive primer (you can by in a spray can at any auto paint store). Then paint over the body. Any kind of paint remover or stripper will distort the body.

I want to thank those who came to my recuse on this subject... I will try to sand down and use automotive primer...
:)

bolter9
2007.03.03, 01:56 PM
Honda was only black for winter testing (not that that should stop you :D)

marc
2007.03.04, 12:35 PM
For painting black cars, I start off useing a specially formulated black primer. It's a Citadel Colour brand, and works very well. Use this black primer, then gloss black, do your details and decals, then clear coat it. Then take pictures for all us to see! :)