PDA

View Full Version : i-series Opinions?

arch2b
2007.03.07, 08:04 PM
so, now that these have been out for a couple days, anyone have any opinions as to how the i-series cars run?

any differences in throttle or steering control?

HammerZ
2007.03.08, 05:31 AM
I just got mine in, all I had done was install the (MZR Dry) bearings and metal (Kyosho) wheelnuts. Did that while installing the antenna on the car. Have not even put batteries in it yet. I may run it this weekend to see how it feels. Been busy with work. The out of the box tires do look sticky as is, I will run those first before trying the extra two out. I may look at the transmitter to see if it is different from the standard KT-5, other than the different logo at the bottom of the case.

piper1944
2007.03.08, 11:26 AM
mine is still in the box...i will open it up and take pics of it on my camera phone......

techno
2007.03.10, 12:52 PM
my opinion of the i-series
opining the box it was very nice and shiny love the body and im not a nas car fan
looking close at the body its pretty light and ridgid but still flexable
the nose and side clips seem to be made of a diffrent harder plastic i hope this is a good thing
one fear is that this body will stretch over time like a few other great bodies like the cr5 after awhile you have to tape it on because the it stretched sideways

the cassis very nice as all kyoshos are noticed the i-series sticker

the performance as as good as any other 015 i have had noticed lots of punch
im spoiled i like the brake function better so some of my 01s with brake might be making the chassis swap

the tx yuck they cut the power big time i was glad that it was not the car or crystals that had such crappy reception the car is fine by the way has the same or better than the regular cars with a stock tx did not test with the 2pl or helios
so unless you can turn the pot up like a kt-2 to increase the power this one wil be stripped for parts for the old kt-5

HammerZ
2007.03.10, 06:18 PM
I drove mine today, kinda tooled around with it on my laminate floor. The label tires drove good till they picked up dust, then it was spin city. Just a little pass on the sticky side of packing tape cleaned the tires right up. May try the softer tires to see how they work out. I have not run it on my RCP track as I figured most new owners may not have access to one. I drove it with my KT-2 TX, and it worked well. The readyset TX is still in the box right now. I do need to get some more batteries though. My KT-2 is the only one that has a good set in it, and those are getting low. Overall, I am impressed at how good it drives. A solid investment.

The body, I like the flexable mesh on the drivers side. A nice touch. Another note, the antenna hole is a tiny slit just big enough for the stock antenna wire to fit through. To use other types you will need to enlarge it to fit. I like it as it keeps the buzzing down, and it look's better than the round hole.

arch2b
2007.03.10, 07:45 PM
ok, i got it all runing and had a good time with it today.

never took the stock tx out of the box.

any concerns i had regarding the quality of the i-series pcb were unfounded. the steering and throttle seemed just as linear and smooth as any other mini-z. i was using my helios with this car today.

there was no stuttering, buzz or any other strange servo behavior.

the body is just as high quality as the rest of hte lineup.

yes, new plastic for body clips and nose clips, i've seen this on the audi autoscale as well so maybe it's a complete change across the line?

the tires were ok for rcp with the high grip in the back. even with the mr-02 chassis this car handled very similar to an f1. it's a boat of a car with the long overhangs and it drives like it.

bnwhtlw
2007.03.10, 10:26 PM
the new plastic for the clips...if its white does it have a yellowish tone to it?

Hammer
2007.03.10, 10:36 PM
the new plastic for the clips...if its white does it have a yellowish tone to it?Yes, the body and nose clips are white and do have a very subtle yellow tint.

techno
2007.03.11, 04:13 AM
these feel harder plastic

techno
2007.03.11, 04:16 AM
these feel harder plastic this can be a good thing and bad thing

Jonny
2007.03.23, 08:10 PM
the tx yuck they cut the power big time i was glad that it was not the car or crystals that had such crappy reception the car is fine by the way has the same or better than the regular cars with a stock tx did not test with the 2pl or helios
so unless you can turn the pot up like a kt-2 to increase the power this one wil be stripped for parts for the old kt-5
Hi Guys,

I've just picked up the 2007 Kyosho catalogue and noticed that in the I-Series section, it states that 'Includes special KT5i transmitter with greater control response than the KT-5 version'.

What's the consensus from owners of the readyset?

Jonny