PDA

View Full Version : Video!

AtlRC
2007.03.08, 11:33 PM
I'm working on our first official video... it's coming soon! Stay tuned... it's looking pretty cool! :D

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.09, 05:55 PM
Cool! :D

wsaenotsock
2007.03.09, 05:56 PM
Are you doing the editing? Can't wait to see it!

AtlRC
2007.03.10, 10:44 AM
Are you doing the editing? Can't wait to see it!

Yeah. I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0. I used to have a side business doing weddings and wedding music videos, business meetings, and parties. I think you'll like the video. There are some cool slow motion shots where you can actually see the cars suspension working (or not) and hear the tires struggling for traction. For the audio, I was using a Sennheiser boom mike which picks up the sound directly at the source. I hope to post the video before the next event. I will also create a DVD that can be playing continuously at the shop, possibly in the window. Hopefully that will entice people to purchase a Mini-Z and come race with us.

I'll probably have my camera with me at the next event to so that I can continue to get good shots and keep adding to / re-editing the video to make it better and better, or create new ones.

Later,
Patrick

pinoyboy
2007.03.10, 08:19 PM
Can't wait to see the video, I'm sure it will be awesome.

On another note Patrick, Miguel said we might need to have races back to back as he has a trip on the last week of march. I'm sure you can contact him to get more detailed info about it.

AtlRC
2007.03.13, 10:42 AM
Can't wait to see the video, I'm sure it will be awesome.

On another note Patrick, Miguel said we might need to have races back to back as he has a trip on the last week of march. I'm sure you can contact him to get more detailed info about it.

Getting close to done on the video!

You can see part of your AWD problems in the slow motion part of the video. Looks like you might need stiffer springs in the rear... the car is really bouncing side to side. If you don't already have some, I would also recommend a degree or two of negative camber.

wsaenotsock
2007.03.13, 11:45 AM
My rear was chattering on Saturday coming off the straight. This is with GPM 15's in the rear with orange springs. Most laps it wouldn't do it but once it started it wouldn't stop until I took my finger off the throttle. One lap I kept it chattering from turn one through turn two. It was like chatter drifting, which takes serious skills guys so I wouldn't attempt. :D

pinoyboy
2007.03.13, 12:23 PM
Getting close to done on the video!

You can see part of your AWD problems in the slow motion part of the video. Looks like you might need stiffer springs in the rear... the car is really bouncing side to side. If you don't already have some, I would also recommend a degree or two of negative camber.

Hmm, I already have red springs, the only one left is white springs. I might try it out. So basically, I should loosen up the rear some? I guess I could try 0 toe in the rear, but its a chore taking those small e-clips off! :rolleyes:

AtlRC
2007.03.16, 08:59 PM
The video is ready! :) I will have it at the races tomorrow for its premiere!

I hope to then get it posted on the internet for the world premiere possibly this weekend.

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.16, 10:32 PM
Cool! :cool:

pinoyboy
2007.03.18, 02:50 PM
I'd like to say that the video was really cool. I have no doubt it will help attract more people into racing! :D

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.18, 03:59 PM
Yeah that video was cool! Good job, Patrick! :cool:

arch2b
2007.03.18, 04:06 PM
any link ?

AtlRC
2007.03.18, 11:09 PM
any link ?

I haven't posted it on the internet yet. We had it playing (looping) at our GTG. I hope to get it posted early this week and provide a link.