PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna buy my MA-010 AWD?

pinoyboy
2007.03.11, 03:15 PM
If I sell this, I'll just use my mr-02 for both classes. Heres all that will be included

-MA-010 Chassis set $120
-Atomic SAS $30
-Atomic SAS 1 degree toe in(installed) $4
-Atomic SAS Toe In - 2 $4
-Atomic SAS orange springs #2 hardness $3
-Atomic SAS silver springs #1
-Atomic SAS blue springs #3 $3
-Atomic SAS red springs #4 (installed) $3
-Atomic SAS 2 degree camber $5
-Atomic Ball diffs x2 $32
-Atomic Ball bearing set $10
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 Ball Differential Thrust Bearing x2 $10
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 High Precision Motor Gear Set(Includes all alloy pinions 15,17,19,21) $20
-Atomic Alloy A1 B1 spacer $5
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 27/29/31T Pinion Spur Gear - 94mm $3
-Atomic Titanium CVDs $25
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 Alloy Front Toe In/Out Linkage +1 $5
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 Alloy Front Toe In/Out Linkage -1 $5
-Atomic Drift tire set F&R(only one complete set included. The other was sold. These won't wear out anyway, so you should be fine) $5
-Atomic Titanium screws $8
-3x2 4562 fet stack $12
- PN Racing 38T arm in PN ball bearing can with Neo mags $20
-PN Racing blue alloy 1.5 degree camber front knuckles $17
-PN Racing lay down crystal adapter $5
-PN Racing Heat sink $25
-PN Racing Pro pinion gear kit (16,18 20 pinions w/ alloy motor spacers) $26
-PN Racing Alloy A2 B2 motor spacer $5
-Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 Titanium Light Center Shaft (94mm WB) $10

I'll also include a set of crystals and a Iwaver TX with 10 model memory. The antenna is kinda funky, but it works

Total: $417

I'm selling it locally for $340. I'll also include a couple sets of batteries if someone local buys it. Let me know! :D

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/?action=view&current=1173642072.pbw
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/?action=view&current=1173642028.pbw

ChattavegasSE
2007.03.11, 03:26 PM
I think those photobucket links are dead. :confused:

marc
2007.03.11, 08:19 PM
I might be interested in a second AWD if I don't win the two auctions on ebay. Plus, I'm trying to sell my Tamtech. If I sell the Tamtech, and I dont' win the other two auctions, I'll have 330 dollars to spend. I know you said 340, but most I can do is 330.
I've also been wanting to do an Atomic spec AWD as well as the PN spec AWD. Just purchased one earlier this weekend. I'll let you know by Tueseday!

Oops, never mind. I thought it had more than that. I saw photos and didn't look like it had the Atomic parts I was interested in. Sorry. Also looks like I'm winning auction anyway. Good luck!

AtlRC
2007.03.11, 09:17 PM
How come you're selling? :( I haven't gotten to beat you real good with it yet! ;)

pinoyboy
2007.03.12, 01:04 PM
How come you're selling? :( I haven't gotten to beat you real good with it yet! ;)

Lol :p Well, its just very picky on setup. I've tried out lots of different things and its still only "ok". Plus the wierd thing I found out last saturday, I was able to make more consistant and possibly quicker laps in my mr-02.

So for the next race, I'm gonna see if my awd or my mr-02 with foams and a modified motor will be faster. If I can have one car for both classes, that would be great

wsaenotsock
2007.03.12, 02:31 PM
Possibly???

Your 02 was pulling away from my 010 on Saturday. CHEATER!!! :p Danny and Keith showed up so we had four cars racing around which was fun.

I ordered some 3010 fets, how hard are they to put on? Just need a decent soldering iron and a steady hand right?

pinoyboy
2007.03.12, 02:47 PM
Possibly???

Your 02 was pulling away from my 010 on Saturday. CHEATER!!! :p Danny and Keith showed up so we had four cars racing around which was fun.

I ordered some 3010 fets, how hard are they to put on? Just need a decent soldering iron and a steady hand right?

Yea man, that motor was rediculous! You don't have to worry about it anymore though. I was trying to drill a hole in the end bell, and I ended up messing the comm up. I've got another stock motor that sounds like it has some grunt to it too. I'll use it only if I have to so I won't be called a cheater :p

Yea, doing a single stack fet install is pretty easy. Check out these videos
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=201520&postcount=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzQXmRh6Og

wsaenotsock
2007.03.13, 08:32 AM
Thanks. I going to give it a try. I bought a Weller last night since the only one I have is butane powered and melts everything.

AtlRC
2007.03.13, 09:36 AM
Thanks. I going to give it a try. I bought a Weller last night since the only one I have is butane powered and melts everything.

Good luck... if you have any questions, call me. I found a video that had a bit different procedure than the videos posted here. I tried to find it but it seams to be gone. It was on youtube as well. When they removed the old FETs, they put a blob of solder on each side (covering all the legs), then heated up one side then the other (back and forth) until the FET just slid off by pushing it with the tip of the soldering pencil. It worked really well for me.

wsaenotsock
2007.03.16, 11:23 PM
I think I damaged my board. I'm forward only now after the upgrade. :( I'll try it like this tomorrow and probably buy a new PCB next week. :mad:

pinoyboy
2007.03.16, 11:41 PM
Did you get some white smoke when you turned the car on? Is there a bubble on top of one of the Fets?

wsaenotsock
2007.03.17, 12:20 AM
No, no smoke or bubbles. I took the fet off and tred a different fet and it still doesn't work. Only thing I can think is that I overheated the board and damaged it since I was going kind of slow. Maybe you can look at it tomorrow.

pinoyboy
2007.03.17, 12:24 AM
No, no smoke or bubbles. I took the fet off and tred a different fet and it still doesn't work. Only thing I can think is that I overheated the board and damaged it since I was going kind of slow. Maybe you can look at it tomorrow.

hmm, i wonder whats wrong? I'll definately take a look at it though

pinoyboy
2007.04.18, 07:39 AM
back up for sale! Bought a buddies RC18t and the mr-02 seems to be ok for modified class. I'll let it go with the JR radio I use to use for $280. I'll take a nice pic later :D

pinoyboy
2007.04.19, 01:50 PM
looks like I got a buyer in FL...

ph2t
2007.04.19, 03:42 PM
It was on youtube as well. When they removed the old FETs, they put a blob of solder on each side (covering all the legs), then heated up one side then the other (back and forth) until the FET just slid off by pushing it with the tip of the soldering pencil. It worked really well for me.

I'm sorry but that is the worse thing you can do. cut the stock MOSFETS off using a sharp hobby knife and then use the soldering iron to quickly remove the "stubble" from the PCB.

The method you state above heats up the PCB way too much for what it was intended for and leaves open the POSSIBILITY to damadge the copper tracks onteh PCB and make them lift from over heating.....

Most peoples issues with butchered PCB's is due to overheat from methods posted above. I know it worked for you but do i enough times and you WILL kill a PCB eventually.

AtlRC
2007.04.19, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry but that is the worse thing you can do. cut the stock MOSFETS off using a sharp hobby knife and then use the soldering iron to quickly remove the "stubble" from the PCB.

The method you state above heats up the PCB way too much for what it was intended for and leaves open the POSSIBILITY to damadge the copper tracks onteh PCB and make them lift from over heating.....

Most peoples issues with butchered PCB's is due to overheat from methods posted above. I know it worked for you but do i enough times and you WILL kill a PCB eventually.

I'll keep that in mind... I was more concerned about cutting the legs and putting pressure on the pads and possible pulling them off. I suppose if you cut carefully near where the legs go into the chip, that might be a better solution. Thanks.

pinoyboy
2007.04.19, 11:42 PM
Sometimes, I heat up the board to try and slide the fets off. If it takes too long though, I find that cutting the fets off work better just like ph2t mentioned.

I only cut off 3004 fets. I kept the 3010 fets from the AWD and put it on my modded mr-02. Man its pretty late, I guess I wouldn't be if I wrote this paper earlier, and stopped looking at mini z stuff :p

TM27
2007.04.23, 11:00 AM
It seems you have disappeared on me ?? I am still waiting on your paypal info......Do we still have a deal ?

TM27
2007.04.24, 12:39 PM
I had a deal that we agreed on for 260.00 on this car..... I went out and bought body for the car he was supose to be shipping to me. Then he did not return emails or phone calls....now I see it on auction site for sale.....Whats up Phino-phoney ??