PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of Kyosho making a 4WD OL?

simpleskin
2007.03.12, 12:23 PM
I'm sure this has been talked about before but given that they were able to pull off the MA-010 that they could make a serious OL with AWD. Thoughts?

tzero
2007.03.12, 12:33 PM
It could be done... but for some reason Kyosho doesent want to make it. (Most likely price)
I dont think there is a chance of a 4wd Overland made by Kyosho. :(
But all we can do is hope that they make one!!! Ill be first in line waiting.

bnwhtlw
2007.03.12, 02:59 PM
Ive been thinking about this alot latley. You basically have to totally rethink the front gear box. If you cut the front off an AWD from just to the front of the power switch you would have enough room to have the servo and diff and all. Its about the same length as the OL's current set up. I would think two motors would be ideal one for the front gear box and one for the rear. Use an external turbo to keep them relatively balanced.

Obviously there are many hurdles in the way. Mainly where to mount the suspension. I wish I had the money to try it.

Ok someone, go...do...make good

jimbo
2007.03.12, 03:28 PM
Yeah I want to get an Ol but I want to get an AWD but they don't make one so it may not be as good as my xtruck, unless i can mod one to AWD.

Jim

Digisane
2007.05.11, 09:40 PM
Let's hope they do come up with a 4WD one... hopefully BEFORE i get mine..

HammerZ
2007.05.12, 01:47 AM
Ive been thinking about this alot latley. You basically have to totally rethink the front gear box. If you cut the front off an AWD from just to the front of the power switch you would have enough room to have the servo and diff and all. Its about the same length as the OL's current set up. I would think two motors would be ideal one for the front gear box and one for the rear. Use an external turbo to keep them relatively balanced.

I ran a few ideas around my head on this as well. The biggest hurdle is the drive and steering servo arangement. Even with the Monster by the time you lay out the motors and gears, you still need a wider track than the current Monster has. I even looked at turning the motors 90 deg and run worm gears to drive the truck with. Though my idea is for a four wheel drive and four wheel steering, like a mini clod.

dean
2007.05.13, 12:28 PM
Why has noone put offroad tires on the AWD? Or Rally Ford Focus..I dont have an AWD but I would try to put on an offroad pkg on it. :rolleyes:

MiniZMaster
2007.05.13, 01:21 PM
you can mount the rear motor mount and motor on the frount and have it be like a clod. 2 motors. then you just gotta get it to steer maybe use some AWD dog bones.