PDA

View Full Version : RCX - Pomona Ca, March 31st

rharris
2007.03.14, 03:46 PM
Tim,

Can you give us a hint as to what Kyosho will have for us Mini-z'ers at the show?

RCX is comming soon!!!! I can't wait.

www.rcx.com

Tim Johnson
2007.03.16, 11:24 AM
Tim,

Can you give us a hint as to what Kyosho will have for us Mini-z'ers at the show?

RCX is comming soon!!!! I can't wait.

www.rcx.com

LOL, now if I told anyone , you would not need to show up. :p

I will have a video for those that did not make it to RCX. :)

cdog4w
2007.03.16, 03:22 PM

Will be much appreciated by those of us not in the area!

rharris
2007.03.16, 04:37 PM

DOH!!! :eek:

Yea, it's going to be alot of fun. Can't wait.

homestar21
2007.03.16, 07:04 PM

Just a little tidbit? :D

Tim Johnson
2007.03.16, 09:58 PM
Just a little tidbit? :D

video coming soon :)

benmlee
2007.04.02, 12:58 AM
There were lots of cool stuff at the show. I was most impressed with this micro jet engine made by Kyosho. Took a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQd7U63KhW8

Engine fits in the palm of your hand. Takes 11v and draws 20 amps. I am thinking this is the perfect size for a mini-z with Li-Po batteries. If someone would find a way to stuff this thing in that bat mobile mini-z body, which should be perfectly feasible, we would be in business. The EP jet that this goes into flys at 70-100 mph. The engine makes a high pitched jet scream and blows out heck a lot of air.

There were some incredible deals at the show. Mini Inferno were flying off the shel for $60. Mini-z Testarosa RTR was going for $80. I got one of each. Got to be a once in a life time deal. That is probably the manufacturing cost for Kyosho. Not sure Kyosho was thinking. Maybe they are trying to introduce new comers to mini R/C cars. They probably figure, they will make back some profit on second ones or upgrades.

homestar21
2007.04.02, 01:07 AM
Wow! $80 for an RTR! Lucky! And that motor sounds interesting. :)

marc
2007.04.02, 09:38 AM
There were lots of cool stuff at the show. I was most impressed with this micro jet engine made by Kyosho. Took a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQd7U63KhW8

Engine fits in the palm of your hand. Takes 11v and draws 20 amps. I am thinking this is the perfect size for a mini-z with Li-Po batteries. If someone would find a way to stuff this thing in that bat mobile mini-z body, which should be perfectly feasible, we would be in business. The EP jet that this goes into flys at 70-100 mph. The engine makes a high pitched jet scream and blows out heck a lot of air.

There were some incredible deals at the show. Mini Inferno were flying off the shel for $60. Mini-z Testarosa RTR was going for $80. I got one of each. Got to be a once in a life time deal. That is probably the manufacturing cost for Kyosho. Not sure Kyosho was thinking. Maybe they are trying to introduce new comers to mini R/C cars. They probably figure, they will make back some profit on second ones or upgrades.

Now that would be an impressive mod for a Batmobile. I have one, but don't wish to ruin it for that project. Would need an extra one. Also, where on earth would you race something that small, that FAST? And, will the tires hold up to that speed? Not to mention the electronics and what not. Come on, I dare somebody to try it!