PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question: Which rims for Lego tires on OL?

schluerfi1978
2007.03.20, 10:40 AM
Hello together,

I just got an OL a few days ago and wanted to do a body lift plus mounting larger tires. I would like to use the Lego 30.4 x 14 tires, but I`m still unsure which are the correct rims to mount these tires. Here in the forum, it always says "racer rims". However, as for racer rims, you can get MR-01, MR-015 and MR-02 rims. So, which of these are the correct rims for the Lego tires?

Greets,

Michael

jimbo
2007.03.20, 03:34 PM
i think you can mount them on the stock rims but they will be like rounded or better way to say not fit properly and the racer rims i think are the wide rims 11 mm or something like that.

Jim

hrdrvr
2007.03.20, 04:13 PM
Hello together,

I just got an OL a few days ago and wanted to do a body lift plus mounting larger tires. I would like to use the Lego 30.4 x 14 tires, but I`m still unsure which are the correct rims to mount these tires. Here in the forum, it always says "racer rims". However, as for racer rims, you can get MR-01, MR-015 and MR-02 rims. So, which of these are the correct rims for the Lego tires?

Greets,

Michael

It is my understanding that the 'racer rims' are a reference to any of the wheels that come on 2wd drive cars. Im unsure about the 01s, but the 02 and 015 accept the same wheels. I would assume that those are the wheels people are talking about as they are the most common and easiest to find.

byebye
2007.03.20, 05:42 PM
I was using 11mm wide rear wheels with a 0 offset.

The problem you run in to is if the wheels are too big they will hit the wheels well so you'll have to experiment with different offsets. I do believe that I was using wide with 0 offset.

With the Lego tires you also have to cut that hump out of the center of the lego tire.
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album549/Picture_337.sized.jpg
Those are BMW wide rear wheels with lego tires.

-Byebye

MiniZMaster
2007.03.22, 03:53 PM
wow looks nice.