PDA

View Full Version : Club Size?

rkk
2007.03.21, 08:12 PM
So how many of the clubs here racer F-1? Of those that do typically how big is the field. I think that the RMXRC group has a grid between 8 to 10 cars.

rharris
2007.03.21, 09:47 PM
yea, we only have 2 on our club. Me and Jeff.

Spoon
2007.03.21, 10:46 PM
Me
Ringer
Arch
CCSON
SoyVerde
Kenontap (when he's there)
and Soulstice just picked one up.

Normally we have a heat of about 5 cars.

imxlr8ed
2007.03.21, 10:49 PM
When we do, it's usually around 5 or more. The F1 offers some of the best racing action out there, open wheels just add alot to it. It's so much more about driver courtesy and knowing the field and where you're at in it. To me, the F1s have always seemed quicker and more agile, but the times don't really tell that tale. One thing I've never seen is a Mod F1 class... I think that would make for some real serious racing.

We were turned off by F1s for a long time here at DOW, but since we went RCP, and Enzok showed up with his Ruf setup (showing us the path), we got into them pretty heavy. Now that some of the NYC crew has been showing up, we're really starting to see how well tuned they can be.

I run as near stock as possible, and still get pretty far up in the field with them. I still have to figure out how to squeeze 2 or 3 more laps out of it though if I want to keep up with Sai, Willy and Gasman. (for now, I try to be the best lapped traffic I can. :o )

rkk
2007.03.22, 11:49 AM
I will have to say that out F1 racing is much tighter than say our cup class. For me at least the races are always nerve racking. 8 inutes is more than enough of that stress :D

I will say I was very down on the F1's myself, before setting up on RCP. Mine is stock except for tires and bearings and it tracks pretty well. I have the 20 Toyota. I'd like to figure out approximately what year it is. The body is diferent that the 24 car so I was just wondering.

grymg
2007.03.22, 12:06 PM
There's 5 people who consistently run F1's here in San Jose, CA. Because of the open wheels on the F1's, we're more cautious drivers - but that doesn't mean we're not trying hard. Most of the times the AWD pulls off the fastest laps of the day but the F1's are a close second.

briankstan
2007.03.22, 12:07 PM
We have 3 of us with F1's, it's our 3 best drivers with them currently. One other member has one as well, but he is hit and miss at the races.

ghostrider
2007.03.22, 12:19 PM
So how many of the clubs here racer F-1? Of those that do typically how big is the field. I think that the RMXRC group has a grid between 8 to 10 cars.

rkk, I think we will be up to a solid 10 now on the track with the addition of Marc and Don. I do agree with you that this is some of the best and most nerve racking racing during the day, but man, I cant wait for it!

rkk
2007.03.22, 12:24 PM
rkk, I think we will be up to a solid 10 now on the track with the addition of Marc and Don. I do agree with you that this is some of the best and most nerve racking racing during the day, but man, I cant wait for it! We may have to open a second F-1 race LOL.

rharris
2007.03.22, 01:01 PM
ok... now I'm jealous. I'm taking my F1 to the next rckenon race. There's got to be more F1 guys out here in SoCal.

byebye
2007.03.22, 02:26 PM
In Stafford we ran both Cup cars and F1. Usually a field of 5-8 cars. For my last race day we ran cup cars on an oval.

I just have never been interested in F1's. I think maybe because they wear thru tires pretty quickly and I could never really get one to hook up.

-Byebye

rkk
2007.03.22, 02:38 PM
I just have never been interested in F1's. I think maybe because they wear thru tires pretty quickly and I could never really get one to hook up.
-Byebye

I am a little suprised by that, getting the car to hook up that is. You are one of the drivers I look to for setups and have seen video of you running. I know you have no problem at all getting an MR-02 to hook up. Again, though, I don't run turbos or stacked fets so I am pretty limited on the amount of power I am trying to control. I would also say that I had all but given up on the F-1s before I started racing on RCP.

EMU
2007.03.22, 02:48 PM
Lately the ARMC crew has been running around 8-10 cars... I think that it is a little too many, but is one of the tightest racing classes (closest one is the 015 stock motor class that we run). I just got into F1's again a couple weeks ago, most of the A main stock class racers are running F1, as well as the top B main stock class racers... It is definitely the most challenging class to race, due to the open wheel.

My F1 is pretty good, but Sai's is ON RAILS!!! About half of us have the 3010 fets, and they are really showing the power difference on the track coming out of the slower corners. My rear end doesnt hook up nearly as well as Sai's, which is something I need to work on.

When I originally got the car, I used a set of PN bearings, which had lots of slop, I recently put in a set of the Atomic Ceramics... man, what a difference they make. The car tracks straighter, and has alot more roll and front bite. I am using 20r/30f Kyosho tires and I am thinking about going a little harder up front.

The track at ARCMS on all of my cars has more front bite than all other RCP tracks that I have raced. If a 20d front tire works well on other tracks, I typically have to use a 30d on this track. Generally cars that I have setup for this track, push horribly on other RCP.

Z_408
2007.03.22, 03:22 PM
We just started the F1 class at our club and it is gaining popularity fast. I would say that if everyone shows up on race night we have around 6-7 F1's.

bda52
2007.03.22, 03:39 PM
I have the 20 Toyota. I'd like to figure out approximately what year it is. The body is diferent that the 24 car so I was just wondering.

It is a 2003. I now have both the #20 and #21 Toyotas. In my sig is a link to the #21.

rkk
2007.03.22, 03:49 PM
So is the 24 Toyota older or newer?

byebye
2007.03.22, 05:34 PM
I am a little suprised by that, getting the car to hook up that is. You are one of the drivers I look to for setups and have seen video of you running. I know you have no problem at all getting an MR-02 to hook up. Again, though, I don't run turbos or stacked fets so I am pretty limited on the amount of power I am trying to control. I would also say that I had all but given up on the F-1s before I started racing on RCP.

Setting up a car to a track takes many hours which I'm sure you know. I've only owned 2 F1's and of them I only bought two sets of tires. One was an F1 and the other a cup car. Really the main reason I never found interest was the lack of interest of other racers. This was all early on though before we had HFAY and RCP tracks and lap timing systems.

I've been eyeing the new F1's and may just give it a go again. Keep an eye out for some Wichita Falls, TX Byebye raceway vids;)

-Byebye

rkk
2007.03.22, 05:48 PM
Setting up a car to a track takes many hours which I'm sure you know. I've only owned 2 F1's and of them I only bought two sets of tires. One was an F1 and the other a cup car. Really the main reason I never found interest was the lack of interest of other racers. This was all early on though before we had HFAY and RCP tracks and lap timing systems.

I've been eyeing the new F1's and may just give it a go again. Keep an eye out for some Wichita Falls, TX Byebye raceway vids;)

-Byebye

LMK when you get back state side. I drive through Wichita Falls on my way back and forth to visit family and friends in Dallas. I may have to stop in for a few laps some time. ;)

bda52
2007.03.22, 05:49 PM
So is the 24 Toyota older or newer?

I believe the #24 is the 2002 season.

wwwes
2007.04.03, 12:59 PM
Our small club here in Arkansas races F1's twice a month and coupes twice a month for the hfay olps. Our F1 mains have between 6 and 8 cars on the track at one time. We have 3 wide l's and an expansion pack to help widen the track on the straight and the first turn wihch is where all the wrecks seem to occur for us. Hope that helps.