PDA

View Full Version : Carisma 1:14 F1

rkk
2007.03.23, 04:51 PM
Just curious if they still make these. I have seen people here talk about them, what is the concensus? Are there hop ups available?

Dusty Weasle
2007.03.24, 04:22 AM
I have two. They're simple but fun with a limited range of parts and adjustments. You can find it all over at Horizon Hobbies, so your average LHS can order them. They also make a wide range of sports and WRC cars for that same model line.

They're pretty resilient too, but my two F1's are throughly beat up after a couple years. Some from hard racing collisions between them, some from getting run over by lunking monster trucks at the R/C track. I think I could build one car between them now.

They're long since retired in favor of a 1:10 TC4. But I'll tell 'ya, the F1's are a crowd favorite at the track.

(Attached picture is the 'before' type of image)

herman
2007.03.25, 10:13 PM
i think i missed that one...
i think i remember an enzo and a 360 but not a f-1...
can you post a pic of it beside a mini-z f-1?
what kind of batts does the carisma run?
any pics of the insides?

Dusty Weasle
2007.03.26, 11:32 PM
Here 'ya go. You can't really see much on the inside picture. It's all pretty contained. The diff is nicely sealed, the front wheels ride on a spring and kingpin like the Z, and the rear is on a T-Plate with a mono-shock.

It's well put together and what you see here is after the previously mentioned wear&tear.
(The wheel that is off blew apart at the hub after my last run).

It's just a real basic car is all. Back end was all kinds of squirrelly for me (running on gritty asphalt or a dusty parking garage, astonishing there are no indoor venues in Phoenix).

I upgraded to a TC4 1:10 with a Subaru body. Fantastic fun once you get over the staggering sticker shock. I think that one bloody car cost as much as my entire Mini-Z stable. Breaks far more often too, but fun.

(The StereovisioN image uses the cross-eye method to view in 3D for a better sense of side-by-side scale).

sykdevil
2007.04.09, 11:25 PM
Did anybody buy any hopup parts? If so what are they and how did they perform? I'm mainly interested in the motor upgrade and ball diff.