PDA

View Full Version : Replacement board for MR01

russp
2007.03.25, 10:41 PM
Well, I took off my motor to clean it and somehow (still a bit mystified) it looks like maybe I blew the fets (although I see no damage on the fet or board and never heard any pops, etc.. so I am surprised). The board still receives and drives the steering servo fine it just won't drive the motor and I get no voltage off of it. I would buy a full replacement board from the shop but they are out of stock.

Anyone know where I could get a replacement pcb cheap (meaning $30 or so or less)? Failing that, I guess I'll start searching for some FETs but hate making an order for just FETs somewhere.

Thanks,

- RP

Draconious
2007.03.25, 11:26 PM
you wont get one for 30$... I have sold fried boards for more than that... the boards cost as much as the cars, your best bet is to replace the fets for 1$ each... or buy an I-Series to replace it.... you can also get 40-50 for the fried PCB for those that wish to modify it with fet stacks etc...

I will guess here, that you likely left the batteries in the car while you worked on it.. DO NOT DO THAT!! :) you know why now... if say the antenna wire touches the motor wires or visa versa while your messing with it, this completes a circuit trhought the pcb at full voltage/amps.. and overloads the fets almost instantly... ive done it myself... everyone learns the hard way.

russp
2007.03.25, 11:30 PM
you wont get one for 30$... I have sold fried boards for more than that... the boards cost as much as the cars, your best bet is to replace the fets for 1$ each... or buy an I-Series to replace it.... you can also get 40-50 for the fried PCB for those that wish to modify it with fet stacks etc...

I will guess here, that you likely left the batteries in the car while you worked on it.. DO NOT DO THAT!! :) you know why now... if say the antenna wire touches the motor wires or visa versa while your messing with it, this completes a circuit trhought the pcb at full voltage/amps.. and overloads the fets almost instantly... ive done it myself... everyone learns the hard way.

Yeah, sounds like the dumb thing I did. Not positive that's what happened but pretty likely. I think I'll go ahead and buy some fets. Hate to pay the shipping for just that so maybe I'll go ahead and get a NASCAR MR-02 while I'm at it.

FrankW1029
2007.03.27, 08:28 PM
check on ebay. it's cheaper to buy a rtr mr01 than try to replace the fried board.

sykdevil
2007.03.29, 11:58 AM
i have some fets I can sell for cheap, they are not the newest ones though. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

syk324@hotmail.com

russp
2007.03.29, 06:45 PM
i have some fets I can sell for cheap, they are not the newest ones though. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

syk324@hotmail.com

It's not the fets as I feared. I had some equivalent MOSFETS in my parts bin and after replacement it's still non-functional. This board was flaky to being with having lots of servo jitter on the steering. I'll probably just sell this car off on ebay or something for parts or whatever. It has a ball diff on it. Would the ball diff possibly work on the MR015 like one of the new NASCAR's?

Thanks,

- RP

Draconious
2007.03.29, 07:22 PM
Only if you used the whole MR01 rear end... from the Suspensin plate back... (not including the susp plate).