PDA

View Full Version : The Next Event

Programmers
2007.03.27, 08:04 PM
I felt that we were in need of a thread on here.

I was wondering what you guys had in mind for the next event. Anything special? Last time there was a 500 lap Nascar and the event before was an Endurance that never got to happen. :(

Is there anything special this time? Perhaps another shot at the endurance or something?

Jonny
2007.03.28, 03:38 AM
I felt that we were in need of a thread on here.

I was wondering what you guys had in mind for the next event. Anything special? Last time there was a 500 lap Nascar and the event before was an Endurance that never got to happen. :(

Is there anything special this time? Perhaps another shot at the endurance or something?
The next meeting date and info will be posted soon. I don't think anything 'special' as such for April, rather that we get back into the 'normal' routine, get the large track setup quickly and get as many races down as we can with various classes.

Maybe some HFAY 50 lap Time Trials to get our scores up on the web and some extra time for practice on next month's layout. We rarely get much practice at all for HFAY each month.

One thing I will say that we won't be doing is Neomax's 'Destruction Derby' idea...:rolleyes: What can I say other than, he's finally lost it... ;)

Jonny

Programmers
2007.03.28, 06:45 AM
Ahh, I loved the big track!! I can't wait to race on that again. I hope there's a long straight as I challenged the lad mk2 is bringingto a drag race with my Camaro. It looks like it might be a close 'en... He's got a quick setup! :rolleyes:

Anywhos, NeoMax's idea wasn't thattt bad. It's alright if you've got some spare money, lololol!! Perhaps with iwavers? Lol. I would do it with a spare iwaver I think.

Also, when are the HFAY results gonna be up? Any idea? I can't wait to see where I come in.

Jonny
2007.03.28, 06:49 AM
Yes there should be a fairly long straight for you to use in between racing.

An interesting idea but you'll be surprised just how much abuse these cars can take. I think it would take much too long to find a 'last man standing'!

The HFAY points will be posted up at the beginning of April so not long to wait.

Jonny

Programmers
2007.03.28, 12:18 PM
Oooh, very cool.

I think Mal had some ideas to speed it up. I'm not sure, lol.

Neomax
2007.04.05, 05:36 PM
Hey guys, well i suppose i should start posting on here, seeing as i think im the only one who doesn't ;) Man i had such high hopes for the destruction derby too :( hehe, we could always arm them with flame throwers and armour peircing bb's...lol
I was thinking of another racing method, not sure how we could do it though, i remember Jonny saying that he used to use a "tag" method of racing, and me and Tom have used a similar method when practicing, so i thought we could try and expand that idea, if we could come up with a way of transfering something (like capture the flag) from car to car as you touch, maybe like a ping pong ball with velcro on it, and have velcro all around a body shell that we keep for the "Tag" matches. then when you "tag" the car with the ball it should pass over.
Probably wouldn't work but just an idea, i find if you go through all the mad idea's the good ones eventually come out :D

Jonny
2007.04.05, 07:08 PM
I don't remember saying anything about tag?! You guys can't just be happy with the racing eh? ;) :D

Jonny

Neomax
2007.04.05, 07:13 PM
no no, on the contrary, i love the racing, i just thought with all the different types of races we have a few other ideas might stir up the soup and get a few dfferent idea's going.
I love the racing and wish i could do it more often :( i work to live, but sadly my work doesn't fund everything i want to do.

Jonny
2007.04.05, 07:21 PM
Yes very true. By all means have some ideas in a basket ready to hatch but I think we need to make sure we can get plenty of classes and the HFAY in aswell as setup/tweaking chatting/eating! :D

Jonny

Neomax
2007.04.05, 07:29 PM
oh i didnt mean for the next meet, i was just brain storming ideas, my head does that all the time, i dont seem to be able to stop it, most people are jealous, because the voices only talk to me!!!! lol
oh yeah, i want LOADS of practice for the HFAY, need to give you guys a run for your money this time, i plan on getting my car running as smooth as possible, and i think i'm currently 47 on the board, i plan on getting to at least 30 at the next event!!!
I'm hoping to be a real asset to the SRUK club and score well to bring our club up through the rankings, i have a good mentor to aspire to ;)

Programmers
2007.04.07, 07:47 AM
They use a tag racing system in the olympics cycle curcuit racing.

You start paralell to your oponant on a loop cuircuit.

Like this

----------o--------------

----------o--------------

You're both facing the same way. You need to overtake them or they need to overtake you.

It's really good fun. Me and Mal had a few games of it.