PDA

View Full Version : F1 Turns but no Motor

soulstice
2007.04.01, 11:28 PM
I bought a F1 off ebay. Upon receiving it i noticed that the front tower was cracked so instead of doing a test run I ordered a new chassis part.

Anyways, I reinstalled all the electronics ready to take the car out for a test run and discovered that the steering works but absolutely no throttle response.

Can someone help me out and let me know what the issue might be here. Wires crossed etc? Or does anyone have a image of the f1 PCB so i can check and see i did everything correctly? Thanks.

soulstice
2007.04.01, 11:36 PM
I bought a F1 off ebay. Upon receiving it i noticed that the front tower was cracked so instead of doing a test run I ordered a new chassis part.

Anyways, I reinstalled all the electronics ready to take the car out for a test run and discovered that the steering works but absolutely no throttle response.

Can someone help me out and let me know what the issue might be here. Wires crossed etc? Or does anyone have a image of the f1 PCB so i can check and see i did everything correctly? Thanks.

I guess a pic might help.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/729/medium/IMG_1061.JPG

locwan
2007.04.02, 12:09 AM
did you have throttle before transplating the pcb into a new chassis?

If after you checked the motor wires for good connections and still don't have throttle, you might have bad/fried fets for the throttle side of the pcb. you can check this by removing the tower brace covering the fets where the antenna is mounted. most of the time, fried fets will have burnt marks or bubbles on it from heat damage.

soulstice
2007.04.02, 12:57 AM
No bubbles or burn marks on those.

EMU
2007.04.02, 01:27 AM
Have you tried a different motor? Or try that motor on 2 cells to see if it works...

What fets are on the car?

soulstice
2007.04.02, 10:43 AM
Alright I feel stupid. I took apart the pcb again and noticed that the motor leads are reversed on an F1 board.

I've moved them now and i'm back in business. Thanks guys.

Jonny
2007.04.02, 11:51 AM
Hi, just to let you know that even reversing the leads would let the motor still work! It would just make forwards go backwards and vice versa. I'd guess it was just the terminals were not screwed down tight enough.

Jonny