11235 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076
(770) 740-2915

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 1:00pm
Racing Ends: Usually around 3:30 to 4:30

Available Practice Times (normal shop hours)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tues - Fri 10:30am - 7:00pm
Sat (non-race day) - 10:30am - 4:00pm
Sat (race day) 10:30am to start of races

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95)
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97)
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each. This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- RCP Track (3 wide L's).
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- 5 minute Qualifiers and 7 minute Mains.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

Ninja
2007.04.05, 12:27 AM
Kevin (from Chattanooga) and I are planning to be down for this race. Hank and I are talking about going to the shop and messing around on the track this Saturday. Anybody wanting to come practice this Saturday are welcome to join us while we bash :D

wsaenotsock
2007.04.05, 10:56 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it on the 14th, so I'm down to stop by on Saturday for a few hours and practice.

Ninja
2007.04.05, 11:25 AM
sweet, I gotta get some things ordered from MZR tonight after racing :D

AtlRC
2007.04.06, 01:43 PM
Hobby Mart is closed Today (Friday) and Saturday this week.

I just went by and discovered that Miguel is closed for these days for the Easter weekend. I thought I would let everyone know so you don't try to go practice Saturday... especially if you're from Chattanooga.

Ninja - Let me know if you read this... If I don't see a post from you here, I'll try to contact you to save you a trip this Saturday.

wsaenotsock
2007.04.06, 02:59 PM
Thanks Patrick for the heads up. Guess no play time tomorrow. It's going to be a while then, I'm going to go through some Mini-Z withdrawals.

Ninja
2007.04.06, 06:06 PM
Thanks Patrick, Shaun posted on our forums over at www.ChattanoogaRC.com and mentioned it, so I was already heartbroken :p

pinoyboy
2007.04.06, 09:15 PM
Thanks Patrick, Shaun posted on our forums over at www.ChattanoogaRC.com and mentioned it, so I was already heartbroken :p

Just got home to see the bad news :( . Well, I hope everyone has a good easter weekend :D

ChattavegasSE
2007.04.09, 08:51 PM
Looks like Kevin talked me into coming down, so we'll have another 3 racers/roadblocks from Chattaboogy for this race. :D

AtlRC
2007.04.09, 10:06 PM
Looks like Kevin talked me into coming down, so we'll have another 3 racers/roadblocks from Chattaboogy for this race. :D

Sounds great! We can always use more roadblocks... uh, I mean great racers from up North! See ya'all Saturday!

bemoore
2007.04.09, 10:52 PM

HEY! The role of roadblock and/or rolling chicane is MINE! Go be a roadblock in your own club.

BTW, if the weather is good, I'll be occupied outside this Saturday. If it's raining (forcast says 60% chance) I'll be there.

wsaenotsock
2007.04.10, 12:22 PM
Is the new HFAY spec motor going to be allowed for the remainder of the season in stock class? Just wondering, after this weekend I'll technically be out of the running in stock due to missed races. I'd like to try one of the motors out and see how it does.

ChattavegasSE
2007.04.10, 05:38 PM
HEY! The role of roadblock and/or rolling chicane is MINE! Go be a roadblock in your own club.

I already am!! :p

russp
2007.04.11, 01:03 PM
I'm planning to be there on Saturday.

Patrick, were camber knuckles included in the stuff the local shop was going to get to have on hand? I really would like to get some for my MR02. I just ordered a MR015 Nascar from shop.tinyrc.com but they seem to be out of stock of most Mini-z tuning parts so all I ended up with besides the car was a set of Kyosho tie rods.

AtlRC
2007.04.12, 02:38 PM
I'm planning to be there on Saturday.

Patrick, were camber knuckles included in the stuff the local shop was going to get to have on hand? I really would like to get some for my MR02. I just ordered a MR015 Nascar from shop.tinyrc.com but they seem to be out of stock of most Mini-z tuning parts so all I ended up with besides the car was a set of Kyosho tie rods.

Cool! Glad you can make it again!

There will be some 1 and 2 deg camber knuckles (steering blocks) in the shop but not in time for this race. I expect that they will be here by the following race. If you are willing to wait until then, give me the part numbers that you need, I'll make sure they are included in the order.

AtlRC
2007.04.12, 02:59 PM
I looks like my step son and possibly his friend may be racing with us, so we will probably have a novice class to run this week. For any new or beginning racers, now would be a good time to come out and run in the Novice class.

russp
2007.04.12, 04:30 PM
Cool! Glad you can make it again!

There will be some 1 and 2 deg camber knuckles (steering blocks) in the shop but not in time for this race. I expect that they will be here by the following race. If you are willing to wait until then, give me the part numbers that you need, I'll make sure they are included in the order.

The shop had this part which looks handy: 3RA-MZII-009
It's a "3Racing Mini-Z Camber Steering Block Set for MR-02" consisting of 6 pieces. Unfortunately they are out of stock so if you can find this or an equivalent it would be great.

pinoyboy
2007.04.13, 11:04 PM
The shop had this part which looks handy: 3RA-MZII-009
It's a "3Racing Mini-Z Camber Steering Block Set for MR-02" consisting of 6 pieces. Unfortunately they are out of stock so if you can find this or an equivalent it would be great.

I've got 2 derlin sets of cambered knuckles you can try. I also have a 3Racing DDS that i just opened up. If my modified mr-02 works good without it, I can sell you it and the cambered derlin knuckles. I also have that Saleen S7 for you too ;)

pinoyboy
2007.04.14, 06:34 PM
Good racing today guys! Sorry for flipping and and hitting everyone, I'm not the cleanest driver. But it also happened to me in the A main 3 times :p I'll try and clean up my driving ;)

Also, I think we need to change the track layout this time. If anyone has suggestions, let me know, and I can probably change it this week some time after class :D

Ninja
2007.04.14, 08:43 PM
My car flipped out and I got pissed. Sorry about the swearing at the track, I'm not used to small ones being around.

kwellst
2007.04.14, 08:50 PM
first time racing mini-z's outside the room here in chattanooga. very nice i liked it. even tho i was mainly a rolling roadblock for the a-main guys. oh well i still had fun

ChattavegasSE
2007.04.14, 09:31 PM
It's ok, Hank. Everyone knows you're a rough racer, so we all pretty well stay out of your way! :p

We need to have a skip-pad meet at the next race! :eek:

russp
2007.04.14, 10:11 PM
Definitely fun today guys. I definitely need more practice but I'll get there!

Just got the Nascar in the mail today. Seeing some strange throttle glitches. Started a thread in the i-series area if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for the S7 Hank. Tomorrow I plan on fitting it to the car and seeing how it changes things, if any.

pinoyboy
2007.04.14, 10:48 PM
Definitely fun today guys. I definitely need more practice but I'll get there!

Just got the Nascar in the mail today. Seeing some strange throttle glitches. Started a thread in the i-series area if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for the S7 Hank. Tomorrow I plan on fitting it to the car and seeing how it changes things, if any.

No problem Russ! Seems like there's some people with some F1s, maybe others will get Nascar. If theres enough people for a class, maybe I'll join too! :D

Ninja
2007.04.14, 10:59 PM
I want to get one of the I-Series Nascars too, even if I'm not a Nascar fan :p

wsaenotsock
2007.04.14, 11:02 PM
If I got one it have to be orange with a #20 on it. Get out of my way or I'll take you out Stewart style. :D

Sorry I missed the racing today.

Ninja
2007.04.14, 11:16 PM
you missed an overall good time, there was good turnout.

AtlRC
2007.04.14, 11:28 PM
Stock A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/041407-StockAMain.htm)

Stock B-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/041407-StockBMain.htm)

Open A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/041407-OpenAMain.htm)

Open B-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/041407-OpenBMain.htm)

I will update the Points tomorow and post when they are ready.

AtlRC
2007.04.15, 12:07 AM
Thanks everyone for coming, it was a good time!

Good to see all the Chattanooga guys here again, its always fun to have you guys around! Nice to meet you Kevin, glad you could make it too!

Ninja - No problem, sorry your car freaked out! I know that really bites when something like that happens, especially since you guys were running such a great race!!!

Hank - I don't think it was all your fault for flipping! I think each time you had some help from Jeff and I :rolleyes:. I looked at splitting one of your laps (and 1 of Jeffs too) which would have given you both an extra lap... unfortunately (for you, not me) you would have still been about 2 seconds behind me (for once!) Wooo hoooo! :D I finally beat Hank!!! ...but it took a freakin circus act on your part (all that flipping) to lose to me. Better luck next time... although I'm sure you won't need it! ;)

Kevin (wsaenotsock) - We missed you man! Hope you gave that baby a good shower... we wouldn't want it to grow up smelling up the world you know :rolleyes: !

John - Nice to meet you! Hope you bring your F1 out next time. Dennis said he was going to get one too, so we might have 2 or 3 to play with. I would imagine it'll take a while to figure out how to set them up to run well... but I hear they run really nicely after they're setup.

Paul - Nice to meet you too! You did a real nice job for your first race! It doesn't look like it'll take you long to be very competitive! Hope to see you soon! :)

Jeff - Good job today! It's getting harder all the time to stay in front of you... or catch up from behind you! A little more consistency and you'll really be a tough one to beat!

Good job everybody! Hope to see you soon!

Ninja
2007.04.15, 07:50 AM
couple of questions. You are going by HFAY rules for stock class right? If so, get boss man at the track to order some stock motors. I will compete in 2 classes once I get a new stock motor, and a few other parts to go with my car :D

anybody have a DPS they wanna get rid of next race? I need a 98mm one.

hpgod
2007.04.16, 07:08 AM
Glad yall had fun.
I had my batteries charged and my bags packed to race.
My daughter was sick and I drove her to the doctor instead of racing. We spent Saterday and sunday at childrens healthcare of Atlanta. She has some infection that pread into her blood with a 103 degree temperature. Atleast she has started to feel better a little and is back to jumping in the jumper while watching the miniz again on the track at home.
Hope to make it next time.
Art

AtlRC
2007.04.16, 12:25 PM
Glad yall had fun.
I had my batteries charged and my bags packed to race.
My daughter was sick and I drove her to the doctor instead of racing. We spent Saterday and sunday at childrens healthcare of Atlanta. She has some infection that pread into her blood with a 103 degree temperature. Atleast she has started to feel better a little and is back to jumping in the jumper while watching the miniz again on the track at home.
Hope to make it next time.
Art

Sorry you missed the fun. Glad to hear that your little one is doing better! Hope to see you next time!

AtlRC
2007.04.16, 12:31 PM
couple of questions. You are going by HFAY rules for stock class right? If so, get boss man at the track to order some stock motors. I will compete in 2 classes once I get a new stock motor, and a few other parts to go with my car :D

anybody have a DPS they wanna get rid of next race? I need a 98mm one.

Yep, we are going by HFAY rules. I'll talk to Miguel today about ordering some more stock motors. I think you guys would really do well in stock class with us! If all goes well, the shop should have about $1000 worth of Atomic parts (including DPS's) by the next race. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted.

bemoore
2007.04.16, 07:39 PM
I see Jeff has upped his game. I appear to be falling even more behind. I'm going to HAVE to get some practice time in. Glad you all had a good time.

AtlRC
2007.04.19, 11:26 PM
Points have been updated: Current Points (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007%20Winter%20Season/2007WinterSeasonPoints.htm)

There is a new column called "Best 6 Rounds Points". This column reflects each racers total points for their best 6 races. This is the total that will be used for the final point standings.

Ninja
2007.04.20, 01:35 AM
hey, my name is on there :D

wsaenotsock
2007.04.20, 01:25 PM
Hank is only 1 point short of having the max number of points in open.

That fruitcake! :p

My math is off it's 3 points but he's still a fruitcake.

wsaenotsock
2007.04.20, 01:40 PM
Mathematically, Hank has wrapped up open class. The most I can finish with is 119. :(

Patrick still has a small shot at Hank in stock. Patrick would need to TQ and win the finally two races and Hank do no better than third in each and you'll take him by a single point. :D Good luck with that Patrick! :eek:

bemoore
2007.04.20, 04:28 PM
Patrick still has a small shot at Hank in stock. Patrick would need to TQ and win the finally two races and Hank do no better than third in each and you'll take him by a single point. :D Good luck with that Patrick! :eek:
Looks like Patrick needs to start coaching some of us slowpokes to try to take some points from Hank. :D

Patrick, I think your only hope for me taking valuable points would be for Hank to break. Then I MIGHT be able to beat him. :rolleyes: Hey, I could replace his FETs. I bet THAT would do it. ;)