PDA

View Full Version : New Delrin Pinions from PN Racing

rharris
2007.04.06, 02:27 PM
Anyone used this yet?

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/PNPinion.jpg

I like the idea of a the set screw. Holds better and you can move it in and out to get a better fit.

Also, I like delrin better then alloy. Maby it's just me, but it seems to run smoother. Also, I like a 10t for the big track :D

kaz
2007.04.07, 04:43 PM
When a pinion is that small and made out of alumium and delrin, the setscrew will make it unbalanced. Which is bad.

And for 10T go and buy stock Overland pinions, that is what we do here in sweden.

rharris
2007.04.08, 01:07 AM
When a pinion is that small and made out of aluminum and delrin, the setscrew will make it unbalanced. Which is bad.

I picked some up today at the races. I didn't notice any issues with balance. The aluminum is just a thin cover over the delrin to hold the set screw. The set screw takes the place of the delrin that is removed. It didn't seem unbalanced to me.

I was smooth and quiet. On a MR-02 with a speedy 07 and 3010 fets, I was very impressed.

kaz
2007.04.08, 04:43 AM
Hold the motor in your hand while revving it, PN might have done a much better job then GPM did when they had setscrew pinions for mini-z. The motors vibrated like crazy with them on.

rharris
2007.04.09, 02:22 PM
Hold the motor in your hand while revving it, PN might have done a much better job then GPM did when they had setscrew pinions for mini-z. The motors vibrated like crazy with them on.

I tried that this morning. Seems fine. Hard to tell a difference with the pinion on or off.

On the AWD pinions, they drill a hole to keep the pinion in ballance. Seems like PN must have taken this into consideration when they put thease pinions together.

kaz
2007.04.11, 02:34 AM
that sounds promising! :)

How much heavier are they compared to the stock ones?