PDA

View Full Version : 9 Weeks And Still Waiting...

GrfxDan
2007.04.16, 07:41 AM
I placed an order with Kyosho America/Shopatron on February 11th. The very next day I got an email saying the item was on backorder and would ship within 5-8 weeks. Okay, it's nothing critical so I can wait. Problem is that today is April 16th - exactly 9 WEEKS after they sent me that email and not only have I not received the order, I've not even received notice that it has shipped... or any other update from them. Is this normal customer service for Kyosho America to keep customers waiting 9 weeks for an order without ANY kind of updates on the order status or expected ship date? I've since emailed them twice with NO RESPONSE. I'm beginning to get a bit upset over this. Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? I feel like I've been scammed.

bnwhtlw
2007.04.16, 09:21 AM
What exactly did you order? Was it an autoscale?

GrfxDan
2007.04.16, 09:42 AM
A white Lamborghini Murcielago body. But what should that matter? Regardless of what is ordered they shouldn't keep a customer waiting for 9 weeks with no updates and no replies to email inquiries on the order status. I sent them a final email today asking for an update. If I don't receive a reply within 24 hours I'll be warning EVERYONE that I possibly can of Kyosho America/Shopatron's HORRIBLE customer service. I even put that in the email so we'll see if they care about bad PR or not...

Hammer
2007.04.16, 10:33 AM
I agree, the online store should respond to any communication promptly, but 9 weeks. :eek:

Have you tried calling Kyosho America? They should be able to let you know availability of the Lamborghini Murcielago body, sometimes they're out of stock for quite some time.

800-716-4518, ask for customer service and have your part # handy.

bnwhtlw
2007.04.16, 10:36 AM
I certainly am not saying your not justified in being pissed. I was just curious, say if you had ordered a gulf mclaren or something that is obviously out of production and were expecting it to be back in stock in 8 weeks. That is all.

Good luck.

Tim Johnson
2007.04.16, 11:52 AM
I placed an order with Kyosho America/Shopatron on February 11th. The very next day I got an email saying the item was on backorder and would ship within 5-8 weeks. Okay, it's nothing critical so I can wait. Problem is that today is April 16th - exactly 9 WEEKS after they sent me that email and not only have I not received the order, I've not even received notice that it has shipped... or any other update from them. Is this normal customer service for Kyosho America to keep customers waiting 9 weeks for an order without ANY kind of updates on the order status or expected ship date? I've since emailed them twice with NO RESPONSE. I'm beginning to get a bit upset over this. Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? I feel like I've been scammed.

I have sent you an email.

GrfxDan
2007.04.16, 12:00 PM
I have sent you an email.

Just replied to it. The order number is 1625110 - the order was placed on February 11th. The item ordered is part #MZB36. Please let me know what you can find out. I'm getting a bit upset with the lack of response and the EXTREME delay on this order. Thank you,

Tim Johnson
2007.04.16, 12:23 PM
Just replied to it. The order number is 1625110 - the order was placed on February 11th. The item ordered is part #MZB36. Please let me know what you can find out. I'm getting a bit upset with the lack of response and the EXTREME delay on this order. Thank you,

You should get a responce here shortly.

Tweaksalot
2007.04.16, 02:32 PM
if their avaialable. . . can i get one too Tim!

GrfxDan
2007.04.16, 02:45 PM
Tweaksalot... there's apparently a 9+ week wait. I'm not sure how much longer I'll have to wait for it... I'm still waiting for a reply from Kyosho America.

Still want one?

Tim Johnson
2007.04.16, 03:26 PM
it will be a loooong while before we see these again. Sorry.

GrfxDan
2007.04.16, 04:14 PM
it will be a loooong while before we see these again. Sorry.

...and the order that I've been waiting on for over 9 weeks? I've STILL not received a reply to my email requesting an update. Has Kyosho just taken my money or what!?

Tim Johnson
2007.04.16, 04:22 PM
...and the order that I've been waiting on for over 9 weeks? I've STILL not received a reply to my email requesting an update. Has Kyosho just taken my money or what!?

Shopatron will not charge you for items not shipped.

GrfxDan
2007.04.16, 04:34 PM
Yeah, after searching my CC account history I see that no charge went through, just an authorization that was later cancelled. Furthermore after contacting Kyosho America by phone today and then having them contact Shopatron I learned that the order was cancelled about 2 weeks ago because the item is discontinued. What nobody was able to tell me was why I never received (to this moment) a single reply to any of the emails I sent to Shopatron asking for an update on my order status AND why I never received notification that the order was cancelled.

Quite frankly this is without a doubt THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED with ANY company I've ever placed an order with.

I CAN NOT WARN OTHER BUYERS ENOUGH ABOUT STAYING AWAY FROM THE SHOPATRON/KYOSHO AMERICA ORDERING SYSTEM.

If you fail to heed this warning and have the same horrible experience that I have had it's your own fault. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Tim Johnson
2007.04.16, 05:27 PM
Sorry for your poor experience.

For you it may be best to shop at Mini-zracer.com. You may have a better experience there. This shop is one of our major Mini-Z dealers.

The Staff at Kyosho America do their best to help each customer. I am not sure why you would have not received a repine from Shopatron.

Myself, I did not answer your questions because Shopatron is not in my dept, so I know nothing of what happens with that side of things. But this morning when I saw your post I did bring it to the VP of Kyosho. I know with the level of calls we have that you were in "line" to be called. That is why I asked for your phone number. I can assure you that the level of customer service you have received is not the normal level that Kyosho America provides.

If you are having problems finding a Mini-Z stocking hobby shop feel free to call me at 800-716-4518. I will be more that happy to help you out the best I can.

arch2b
2007.04.16, 07:46 PM
nothing against tim but we posted our thoughts on shopatron very early on. the whole system is misleading and unreliable. please check mini-zracing.com for a personal account from spoon.

as a moderator here, i can say we (fellow moderators not the shop or shop owner) were disappointed kyosho usa decided to go this route however we understand the attraction in using the system/network/consortium. from the customer side however i have read few good experiences with it.

GrfxDan
2007.04.16, 08:40 PM
nothing against tim but we posted our thoughts on shopatron very early on. the whole system is misleading and unreliable. please check mini-zracing.com for a personal account from spoon.

as a moderator here, i can say we (fellow moderators not the shop or shop owner) were disappointed kyosho usa decided to go this route however we understand the attraction in using the system/network/consortium. from the customer side however i have read few good experiences with it.

After starting this thread this morning and sending a very unpleasant email to Kysho America expressing my extreme frustration in trying to get even a simple reply on the order status I finally got a call from them this afternoon. Although they are unable to fulfill the order they are willing to try to get me another body, although I'll have to wait and see if they're even able to do that. It appears as though almost every distributor worldwide is "OUT OF STOCK" on just about every autoscale that anyone would want to use for serious racing. You can even look at the MiniZRacer shop to see what I mean... "OUT OF STOCK" on just about everything. How does Kyosho expect to gain in popularity and RC market share in the US if they can't even provide a decent supply of bodies? But then what do I know, I'm just a customer.

I'll keep every updated on what Kyosho America does or does not do to rectify this situation. In the meantime I reiterate my previous post: STAY AWAY FROM KYOSHO AMERICA/SHOPATRON!!!

Tim Johnson
2007.04.16, 09:36 PM
After starting this thread this morning and sending a very unpleasant email to Kysho America expressing my extreme frustration in trying to get even a simple reply on the order status I finally got a call from them this afternoon. Although they are unable to fulfill the order they are willing to try to get me another body, although I'll have to wait and see if they're even able to do that. It appears as though almost every distributor worldwide is "OUT OF STOCK" on just about every autoscale that anyone would want to use for serious racing. You can even look at the MiniZRacer shop to see what I mean... "OUT OF STOCK" on just about everything. How does Kyosho expect to gain in popularity and RC market share in the US if they can't even provide a decent supply of bodies? But then what do I know, I'm just a customer.

I'll keep every updated on what Kyosho America does or does not do to rectify this situation. In the meantime I reiterate my previous post: STAY AWAY FROM KYOSHO AMERICA/SHOPATRON!!!

Sorry to see you are still MAD. I am currently trying to find you a MM Body so you can finish your points race. I may end up giving you one of my personal bodies....I don't know.

GrfxDan
2007.04.16, 11:01 PM
Tim, thank you for the phone call this evening. I do appreciate your time and effort to try to make this right. Though I still can not recommend the Shopatron system for orders I can say that the people I've talked with at Kyosho America have been very helpful. For this I am grateful. Personally I would recommend that Kyosho America drop Shopatron for your US sales and use some other method. I think your customer satisfaction would skyrocket if you did this.

Again, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

hrdrvr
2007.04.17, 08:47 AM
I dont want to start a big debate, but do want to post that there is atleast one satisfied shopatron customer. Ive ordered from them on a few different occassions. Everything I oprdered was listed as available (@ shopkyosho) and Ive always recieved everything in a decent amount of time. The last order I placed was in Feb, for my birthday. I called the 800 number at the end of the order and spoke with some one about expediting my order. The RTR came a day before thay said it would, and the guy I spoke with was extremely friendly and helpful with getting my car before my birthday, even though my wife was a little late ordering.

Good luck finding a bod Dan. I do agree that on kyoshos end a lot more ASCs should be available, especially the racing bodies.

dean
2007.04.17, 11:17 AM
Shopatron needs to change habits when unexpected scenrios happen that they had simply never thought of.
And they should show accountabilty if they want to expect repeat business.
I had one great experience with Kyosho/shopatron.
Great e-mails etc etc.
However,
Another experience with shopatron but not through Kyosho was not as good.
I ordered 3 gift items that included optional gift wrap for extra price.
I specified for shopatron to include clear markings so I would not have to unwrap the gifts to see which gift was which.
It was a small ordeal but I did end up having to unwrap the gifts.
Included on the invoice received was the special note that I wrote to mark the gifts, but It was never done.
Shopatron followed up with providing me a survey and never responded when I mentioned it in the survey. :mad: ...... eh

HaCo
2007.04.17, 11:48 AM
Here again with a lack of body availability. Apparantly not only in Germany/Belgium :(

ucdinh
2007.04.17, 06:51 PM
Usually when I need to place an order with Kyosho America I go through my local hobbytown usa, they always take care of the ordering for me and I get my stuff within a week, at a reduced cost and free shipping. If something is not available Brian, the shop owner, usually tells me he can't get it for me. If he can't get it then normal customers will probably not be able to get it through shopatron.