PDA

View Full Version : Two Races Left - Then What?

bemoore
2007.04.21, 07:27 PM
There are two races left in the season. Then what? Is there going to be a Summer series? Or is everyone going 1/10 scale racing? Or is Summer just a bad time for racing? My interest in RC is increasing, and I'd like to keep racing in some fashion, but I'm not really interested in traveling long distances, or spending a lot. I admire you Chattanooga guys. You're much more diehard than I am. Traveling that far would be too much for me.

So... what's going on after the current Mini-Z season?

Programmers
2007.04.21, 07:43 PM
This is my first season in the HFAY so don't quote me on this but I think the next season will start the following month after this seasons last event.

Programmers
2007.04.21, 07:45 PM
Oh, and don't forget to get the new motor. :D

will3kgt
2007.04.21, 08:11 PM
HFAY continues into the summer months as well. Each season lasts 6 months.

pinoyboy
2007.04.22, 09:31 AM
I bought a 1/18 RC18T for the summer, anyone wanna join me? :p

AtlRC
2007.04.22, 12:00 PM
There are two races left in the season. Then what? Is there going to be a Summer series? Or is everyone going 1/10 scale racing? Or is Summer just a bad time for racing? My interest in RC is increasing, and I'd like to keep racing in some fashion, but I'm not really interested in traveling long distances, or spending a lot. I admire you Chattanooga guys. You're much more diehard than I am. Traveling that far would be too much for me.

So... what's going on after the current Mini-Z season?

If there is enough interest, which I expect there will be, we will start a summer series soon after this season. It will probably run until sometime in September.

I'll start a poll soon to see who is interested.

ChattavegasSE
2007.04.22, 04:27 PM
I bought a 1/18 RC18T for the summer, anyone wanna join me? :p
I was thinking about an RC18R. :D

pinoyboy
2007.04.22, 04:37 PM
I was thinking about an RC18R. :D

That would be cool, i could get the conversion parts if I wanted to do some on road :D

bemoore
2007.04.22, 08:17 PM
Where are RC18R's being raced? I've been reading on a local Georgia RC forum about local racing, and the only on-road racing around here (other than our Mini-Z's) is 1/10 scale touring cars and Mini Coopers at Sugar Bowl and Primetime. And if I understand correctly, this past weekend was the last at the Sugar Bowl. So that leaves Primetime in Calhoun, which is a 160 mile round trip for me.

Of course this may be all moot if Patrick does a Mini-Z Summer series.

Oh, and what's this about a new 'stock' motor. I just bought a new Kyosho motor (same time I bought the ill-fated 3010 FETs). I haven't even opened it yet. Is it already obsolete?

Ninja
2007.04.22, 09:02 PM
I dont think 160 miles round trip is too much to go racing. We drive that one way to race in ATL. But if you would like to race 1:10 I have a car that I'm willing to sell. I have alot of parts for it. E-mail if you are interested.

hpgod
2007.04.23, 06:02 AM
I have been told hoobytown in duluth is putting up a carpet track in the vacent shop next to the existing shop.

Pinboy ever want to run the rc18t a dirt track I have one setup in the backyard. I live just 5 minutes south of the sugarbowl. It is a tight 10-13 second track with 4 single jumps a table top ski jump on a 8 turn track. barriers are black plastic landscape edging. The rc18 has to be setup to steer.

Art Shull

russp
2007.04.23, 08:01 AM
I have been told hoobytown in duluth is putting up a carpet track in the vacent shop next to the existing shop.

Pinboy ever want to run the rc18t a dirt track I have one setup in the backyard. I live just 5 minutes south of the sugarbowl. It is a tight 10-13 second track with 4 single jumps a table top ski jump on a 8 turn track. barriers are black plastic landscape edging. The rc18 has to be setup to steer.

Art Shull

Oh yes, that would be most excellent. I would guess that would be 18th scale or smaller if they do it. I will definitely participate if they do this.

arch2b
2007.04.23, 08:59 AM
Where are RC18R's being raced? I've been reading on a local Georgia RC forum about local racing, and the only on-road racing around here (other than our Mini-Z's) is 1/10 scale touring cars and Mini Coopers at Sugar Bowl and Primetime. And if I understand correctly, this past weekend was the last at the Sugar Bowl. So that leaves Primetime in Calhoun, which is a 160 mile round trip for me.

Of course this may be all moot if Patrick does a Mini-Z Summer series.

Oh, and what's this about a new 'stock' motor. I just bought a new Kyosho motor (same time I bought the ill-fated 3010 FETs). I haven't even opened it yet. Is it already obsolete?
brian posted a notice on the hfay website regarding the new spec motor for season 4 july-dec. it will be available thru this shop anyday/hour now.

check the rules for season 4 if they are posted. don't quote me but i think it you opt not to purchase the spec motor you may be able to run other stock motors already accepted. i will have to double check that myself. the new motor should change things up a bit as the speeds will increase a little. we've had 3 good seasons to practice with stock motors though;)

pinoyboy
2007.04.23, 09:31 AM

Art Shull

That would be sweet if they do make an indoor track! Art, I'd also like to try your dirt track out one day :D I'll probably buy a few more battery packs and then see if I can come up there one day if you and your family don't mind.

As for a mini z summer season, i'm definately in! If the hfay spec motor give you speeds anywhere near what other stock fet safe motors do, i think my times might go up! I use a fet safe motor in my mr-02 for modified, and I have to use foam tires to get all that power down! :p

arch2b
2007.04.23, 10:03 AM
the spec motor specs will be posted. they are essentially identical to the existing atomic standard motor which is sold as a stock fet safe motor by atomic. we've tested the atomic standard motor in all platforms and found them to be safe.