PDA

View Full Version : fathers day visit

hrdrvr
2007.04.23, 12:16 PM
Anything going on in you guys' area for fathers day?

Ill be going up to Cartersville for the weekend and would like to arrange something if at all possible.

Also, what are the "must see" shops? I dont really have any type of 1/28th store here in Myrtle Beach so Id like to check one (or a few) out, if there are any decent ones :D

Are there any RCP tracks at any of the shops. Ive only had the oppertunity to drive on carpet, but would like to try out RCP without the $150 price tag :P

Thanks guys!

russp
2007.04.23, 01:50 PM
Anything going on in you guys' area for fathers day?

Ill be going up to Cartersville for the weekend and would like to arrange something if at all possible.

Also, what are the "must see" shops? I dont really have any type of 1/28th store here in Myrtle Beach so Id like to check one (or a few) out, if there are any decent ones :D

Are there any RCP tracks at any of the shops. Ive only had the oppertunity to drive on carpet, but would like to try out RCP without the $150 price tag :P

Thanks guys!

Don't think anyone local sells RCP tracks - pretty sure the answer is no. There is the track in Roswell but I don't think anyone knows the schedule that far out yet.

As for 1/28th sold locally I only know of HobbyMart in Roswell (same place that the track is at). They are supposed to be getting a big shipment of parts in soon.

hrdrvr
2007.04.23, 02:17 PM
I should have clarified that better. I meant RCP tracks to run on. When it comes time to replace our piece of carpet, I would like to know how well it performs first hand without having to buy it first.

Ill look into HobbyMart. Ill also check back on this thread a little closer to time and see if anything has panned out.

Where do you guys do your club races?

2EZ
2007.04.24, 10:10 AM
hrdrvr

You will be running on RCP very soon as we are going to set up my track in the very near future once you do and we get your Dad to run on RCP I know the carpet will be replaced with RCP.

2EZ :) :) ;) :D

hrdrvr
2007.04.24, 11:25 AM
Well, that doesnt change the fact Id like to race when I go to GA :D

Hope you can make it over here again sometime soon. Im having a little bit of software trouble with the lapcounter, but it should be up by weeks end.

2EZ
2007.04.24, 03:26 PM
Well, that doesnt change the fact Id like to race when I go to GA :D

Hope you can make it over here again sometime soon. Im having a little bit of software trouble with the lapcounter, but it should be up by weeks end.

Didn't mean to imply you wouldn't check things out when in Atlanta :D I do that every where I go. :D :D I didn't know you got the lap counter can't wait to check it out :cool: I just might try to get there this friday had company last friday might have some this friday seams this time of year I start getting visits ya don't think the draw is the beach do ya??? :D :D

bemoore
2007.04.25, 06:19 AM
The only publicly available Mini-Z track in the area is at Hobby Mart. That's where we run our club races. We run every other Saturday, and our next event is this Saturday, 4/28. The track is open any time the shop is open. There is another track in Anderson, SC, but that is about 1.5-2 hrs away.

hrdrvr
2007.04.26, 09:21 AM
Anderson is a little closer to me, but I have no other reason for going there. I visit Atlanta a few times a year and may actually have some free time on this next trip up. Ill look up Hobby Mart and check them out. Ill aslo check back and see if Im hitting on a race weekend, when we get a little closer to time.