PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone enjoying their

Tim Johnson
2007.04.24, 09:49 PM
How is everyone enjoying their NASCAR Mini-Zs?

Ninja
2007.04.24, 11:13 PM
dont know yet, plan to buy one very soon though :D If I dont spend all my money on my E-Maxx neext week while I am off of work.

jbevins
2007.04.25, 06:02 AM
are you planning on coming out with other driver besides the 2 you already have?

arch2b
2007.04.25, 06:04 AM
many of us dc guys have a nascar and we all seem to enjoy them :) takes a bit of adjustment to get used to driving them due to the wheelbase and body overhangs but they are fun none the less.

whats interesting is that nascar is a very regional thing. hobby shops in one part of my area sell them well and say 60 miles away they can't sell any of them.

Davey Jones
2007.04.25, 08:20 AM
I Like my NASCAR But when you have 3 to 4 racer on the track and you
get hit from behind, my body fall off. I have put like a carter pin on the
post behind the body clip and it seem to help. When are some new tires
comming out. I just bought the NASCAR track and we had 5 to 6 races
on it and we I had a blast. Alot of traded paint going on out there.
I would like to see Jeff Gordon or Dale Earnhart Jr. or Sr. for new cars
or bodys.

russp
2007.04.26, 09:50 AM
I Like my NASCAR But when you have 3 to 4 racer on the track and you
get hit from behind, my body fall off. I have put like a carter pin on the
post behind the body clip and it seem to help. When are some new tires
comming out. I just bought the NASCAR track and we had 5 to 6 races
on it and we I had a blast. Alot of traded paint going on out there.
I would like to see Jeff Gordon or Dale Earnhart Jr. or Sr. for new cars
or bodys.

I've noticed the body pops off pretty easily on mine also. I still maintain that it has a weaker receiver than other Mini-Z's but that could easily just be my unit. It seems about as fast as other Mini's. In general I like it, just wish it would not freak out with interference issues every so often.

The nose is also very low to the ground as expected. This means that sometimes it scrapes the track if there is the least bit unevenness. Not a big problem on RCP but if you have any seams on the track that are not mashed down well it will find them.

Tim Johnson
2007.04.26, 12:36 PM
hmmm......

Keep in mind that the bodies are true to scale. :)

anyone racing these on the track yet? Post up some pics :)

briankstan
2007.04.26, 12:43 PM
hmmm......

Keep in mind that the bodies are true to scale. :)

anyone racing these on the track yet?

When I was in DC, Ryan was running is in the some of the races. it seemed to run well. I beleive it was just the stock setup, with the sticky tires in the back. We were running on RCP. I have run mine a little on track by myself. I'm working on getting an extra body so I can really race with it, and still have a shelf body.

hrdrvr
2007.04.26, 02:10 PM
My dad drove his for a very short time on our carpet track. It hoooked up well. Hes out of town, but when he gets back he plans on running it a bit more. We just got our GiroZ hooked up, so he will be real anxious to check it out. We dont have an oval though :D It may be a little wierd having a NASCAR that only runs road courses :P

Im anxious to drvie it as well. Ive got acouple of aswesome xmod model conversions I did that are a perfect fit for the 102mm wheel base. I dont want to change any of mine up, but Ill get to try his out without having to modify one of my bodies. Ill get some pics when he gets back, and maybe even a short VID.

Davey Jones
2007.04.27, 12:30 AM
I bought the NASCAR track and it was alot of fun. We didn't race NASCAR cars but we all put our Mini-z on the track and traded paint. We ran 5 races
bodys were falling off and parts were going everwhere. But I had a lot of fun.
the NASCAR Track is a Blast. Boggie Boggie Boggie "Lets go racing boys"

HammerZ
2007.05.10, 12:46 PM
With the soft tires and the 3racing mount, it feels hooked up. Even with the D/R set to the max. These things can move and look like the full sized cars with just those two things added. A solid "stock" setup. Seems to work well for a road course as well, I'm like "is this really a 102mm wheelbase car?".