PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Roswell, Thursday May 3rd

briankstan
2007.04.25, 11:10 AM
I'll be in Atlanta (Roswell) on Thursday night (5-3-07). Any of you guys want to Race?

is there a track setup at a hobby shop that we can meet at to race some? if so let me know and I'll be sure to pack a car.

AtlRC
2007.04.25, 12:01 PM
I'll be in Atlanta (Roswell) on Thursday night (5-3-07). Any of you guys want to Race?

is there a track setup at a hobby shop that we can meet at to race some? if so let me know and I'll be sure to pack a car.

Hi Brian,

Maybe we could hold an impromptu race while you are here. I'll have to check and see if we can get the shop where we race to stay open later that night.

Either way, I'd like to meet you if at all possible. If we can't have the track open that night, maybe we could meet for coffee or something. I'd like to talk to you about the HFAY organization and racing in general.

I'll start looking into holding a race that night. I'll see if we can get some interest and check on the shop staying open for us.

Thanks,
-Patrick

briankstan
2007.04.25, 12:25 PM
Hi Brian,

Maybe we could hold an impromptu race while you are here. I'll have to check and see if we can get the shop where we race to stay open later that night.

Either way, I'd like to meet you if at all possible. If we can't have the track open that night, maybe we could meet for coffee or something. I'd like to talk to you about the HFAY organization and racing in general.

I'll start looking into holding a race that night. I'll see if we can get some interest and check on the shop staying open for us.

Thanks,
-Patrick

that sounds good. Even if we can't race, it would be nice to get together and meet you guys and talk about racing, and HFAY.

let me know what you come up with. I arrive about noon, and will have the whole night free, after 4:30 or 5:00

russp
2007.04.25, 01:46 PM
that sounds good. Even if we can't race, it would be nice to get together and meet you guys and talk about racing, and HFAY.

let me know what you come up with. I arrive about noon, and will have the whole night free, after 4:30 or 5:00

Patrick, I was about to send you email about this. Next week is our Charity race here at work so as long as nothing has changed I would like to take the timing system back with me after the races on Saturday. This means that if Brian were to come the timing system would not be available - hopefully not a huge deal. I can bring it back on Friday the 4th or Saturday (preferably). I can bring you the cash for the rental on Saturday also.

briankstan
2007.04.25, 02:01 PM
Patrick, I was about to send you email about this. Next week is our Charity race here at work so as long as nothing has changed I would like to take the timing system back with me after the races on Saturday. This means that if Brian were to come the timing system would not be available - hopefully not a huge deal. I can bring it back on Friday the 4th or Saturday (preferably). I can bring you the cash for the rental on Saturday also.

no worries on my end. I don't need a timing system to have fun... :cool:

AtlRC
2007.04.25, 02:58 PM

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. That's no problem... as Brian said, we could just run around for fun as long as we can get the shop to stay open. See you Saturday.

bemoore
2007.04.25, 04:17 PM
How late is the shop open on Thursdays? I probably won't be able to make but I'll try.

pinoyboy
2007.04.25, 06:32 PM
How late is the shop open on Thursdays? I probably won't be able to make but I'll try.

The shop stays open until 7pm on weekdays ;)

briankstan
2007.04.26, 12:24 PM
Well, if you can't get them to stay open later than 7 it looks like racing is out.

We can still meet for some dinner and talk racing and HFAY. ;)

briankstan
2007.04.30, 02:57 PM
guys, Change of plans. I will be arriving in Atlanta tomorrow morning. I will be there all week. I'm leaving on friday.

pinoyboy
2007.04.30, 03:58 PM
guys, Change of plans. I will be arriving in Atlanta tomorrow morning. I will be there all week. I'm leaving on friday.

Thats awesome! Let us know when your available and maybe some of us can come up to the shop! ;)

AtlRC
2007.04.30, 07:40 PM

Hey Brian,

Please send me an e-mail and we'll exchange contact info.

Thanks,
-Patrick

wsaenotsock
2007.04.30, 08:32 PM
Probably can't make it to the track during the week due to work but if anyone want to go out for diner I can probably swing that.

briankstan
2007.05.02, 02:40 PM
Hey Brian,

Please send me an e-mail and we'll exchange contact info.

Thanks,
-Patrick

Probably can't make it to the track during the week due to work but if anyone want to go out for diner I can probably swing that.

I sent an email, did it get through? I'm currently in Alphretta at the Comfort Suites. I'm free tonight if you guys want to get together for dinner, maybe we could meet at the hobby shop, I'd like to check it out, then we can grab something to eat.

AtlRC
2007.05.02, 03:33 PM
I just spoke with Brian. We are going to meet at the shop at 5:00 tomorrow (Thursday), then grab a bite to eat afterwards. If anyone wants to come out and play, just show up whenever.

Later,
-Patrick

briankstan
2007.05.02, 03:36 PM
Sorry about that. work calls :eek:

I'll meet you all there at 5. :cool:

wsaenotsock
2007.05.02, 03:47 PM
I get off work around 6 so I'll probably just stop by and watch and then go out to eat.

pinoyboy
2007.05.02, 04:41 PM
Looks like I'll be either studying for finals, or seeing my girlfriend

briankstan
2007.05.02, 06:53 PM
Looks like I'll be either studying for finals, or seeing my girlfriend

Sorry I'll miss you this time. It looks like I'll be back on the 15-16th of this month too. I will probably only have the one night free. I'm not completely sure on my schedule for that trip yet.

pinoyboy
2007.05.02, 07:06 PM
Sorry I'll miss you this time. It looks like I'll be back on the 15-16th of this month too. I will probably only have the one night free. I'm not completely sure on my schedule for that trip yet.

looks like I'm baby sitting my niece tomorrow as well. If you're here next week, I can probably make it out. My last final would be next wednesday, so messing around on the track would be a good way to relax :D

briankstan
2007.05.03, 08:06 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to Patrick for coming to the Hobby shop and hanging out, getting a little driving in and having a good time.

Hopefully I'll catch all the other guys some other time. :cool:

wsaenotsock
2007.05.03, 08:23 PM
I got to the shop just before 7 and it was all closed up. Maybe next time. I'll be there on Saturday to practice.

briankstan
2007.05.03, 08:30 PM
I got to the shop just before 7 and it was all closed up. Maybe next time. I'll be there on Saturday to practice.

Sorry we missed you. We left at about 6:40 to go eat. I'm leaving tomorrow, but maybe we can meet in 2 weeks when I'm back in atlanta. I'll have to see what my schedule is going to be.

AtlRC
2007.05.04, 03:59 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to Patrick for coming to the Hobby shop and hanging out, getting a little driving in and having a good time.

Hopefully I'll catch all the other guys some other time. :cool:

Bryan - It was nice meeting you! Thanks for taking the time to stop by, run some cars and chat about your Mini-Z experiences (racing, running a club, HFAY, etc...) You're doing a great job with all of it, keep up the good work.

Kevin - Sorry we missed you... maybe next time Bryan comes to town we can all catch up then.