PDA

View Full Version : New HFAY motor

russp
2007.04.30, 11:47 AM
Well, it looks like Billy and I are going to go ahead and order 2 of the new HFAY motors today to save cash since the sale on Tinyrc.com ends today. Has anyone else planned on this? I want one if nothing else as I'm about 1/3 of the way done with my own timing system for home and will be at least doing the online HFAY stuff with my track at home. Any plans to run this motor at the track?

arch2b
2007.04.30, 12:03 PM
fyi, the motors are sold out;)! we will post information on availability asap as we are doing so with atomic already

russp
2007.04.30, 03:16 PM
fyi, the motors are sold out;)! we will post information on availability asap as we are doing so with atomic already

Yeah, Billy just figured that out. We asked if there is any chance the discount will be honored but we'll see. If not, I'm not sure I'm too interested in buying it.

arch2b
2007.04.30, 03:28 PM
i have not heard about continung the pre-order pricing howerver the motor is not a total requirement so you are free to continue using other approved stock motors which should not keep you from joining in on the fun. you can always purchase one if you choose later. the regular hfay pricing is still a good deal for this motor.

pinoyboy
2007.04.30, 03:29 PM
I bought one just before they sold out. I've already converted my MA-010 back to 3010 fets if we do end up using this motor soon for our local stock class.

arch2b
2007.04.30, 03:39 PM
i believe we may switch to this motor for dc class racing as well. it's actually a very good motor for club racing.

rharris
2007.04.30, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Billy just figured that out. We asked if there is any chance the discount will be honored but we'll see. If not, I'm not sure I'm too interested in buying it.

You still get the HFAY discount. The pre-order was $14.50, the HFAY discount is $16, so it's only $1.50 more. Still a good price for a stock grade motor in a BB Can.

russp
2007.04.30, 04:12 PM
You still get the HFAY discount. The pre-order was $14.50, the HFAY discount is $16, so it's only $1.50 more. Still a good price for a stock grade motor in a BB Can.

For the $16 I would still take it. For over $20 I'm probably not too interested as I'm still trying to learn how to drive with the stock motor so my motivation is kinda low... I've already spent enough money on all this lately. I'm afraid to tell the wife just how much all this has really cost. :) Not so much for what she would say but what she would buy. :-)

rharris
2007.04.30, 04:57 PM
For the $16 I would still take it. For over $20 I'm probably not too interested..

Agreed. $21 is getting into the modified motor range.

'm afraid to tell the wife just how much all this has really cost. :) Not so much for what she would say but what she would buy. :-)

LOL... I'm the same way. It's not that she minds... It's just that she may try to keep up with my spending...

NEmicroAssoc
2007.04.30, 06:44 PM
Did I miss the deadline to pre-order? I thought today was the last day, and I could not find the pre-order button on tinyrc site. Is it too late for our club order?
Kid

briankstan
2007.04.30, 06:49 PM
Did I miss the deadline to pre-order? I thought today was the last day, and I could not find the pre-order button on tinyrc site. Is it too late for our club order?
Kid

they sold out. I have emailed the shop about this situation to make sure the clubs get them. I'll post as soon as I have some updated info.

here is the link to the motor

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18693

don't forget the coupon code HFAYOLPS4 when you order them.

NEmicroAssoc
2007.04.30, 06:54 PM
Thanks Brian, a tip of the hat to you!! I'm gonna tell the boss to give you a raise!!!
Kid

Attempted the site but could not find anyway to order! We will wait and see what happens! Thanks again!
Kid

wsaenotsock
2007.04.30, 09:28 PM
I plan on running one next season and make better use of these 3010's. I should be more worried about the way my stock car handles. It just loves to plow through turns. Still managed to finish 2nd on Saturday lolz!