PDA

View Full Version : steering pot conversion

techno
2007.05.01, 01:38 PM
ok i tried putting the newer type iwaiver board (the one with the small servo)in a older 02 type iwaver board it will only go quickly right or left when the center pot is turned i belive i hneed a diffrent pot to get this fixed any clue where to get one or is that what i must do
the old board had range issues

stuZ
2007.05.07, 08:48 PM
ok i tried putting the newer type iwaiver board (the one with the small servo)in a older 02 type iwaver board it will only go quickly right or left when the center pot is turned i belive i hneed a diffrent pot to get this fixed any clue where to get one or is that what i must do
the old board had range issues

I don't think you need a different pot, as I have done this conversion many times, and often ended up in your situation.
I think I know what you did.
try taking the wire that is soldered to one foot on the pot, and soldering it to two, and the one that is soldered to two feet to one.
if that doesn't work, try reversing that configuration.
if you still have problems, try reversing the motor wires.

or...
you could try this config.:
IW board has 2 servo pot wires from the top right side of the board:
right (soldered to on-board trim potentiometer, {colored yellow on my board})
left {colored yellow on my board}
these wires go to the steering potentiometer.
with the potentiometer facing away from you, and the feet at the bottom and facing you, or the front of the car. solder the green wire to the foot at the 4 o'clock position, and the yellow to the feet at 6 and 8 o'clock position.