PDA

View Full Version : Need help to tune up my AWD MA010

usaserres
2007.05.14, 10:10 PM
Guys,

I want to upgrade my MA010 AWD with an improved drive train and get more speed. What would you recommend? I thought about getting ball diffs, what about the front one way or the solid front axle. Any of you using one of those at the Hobby Mart track and what would be recommended?

Also, on the motor side, what would you recommend? I bought the new Speedy 07 from Atomic Mods but did not put it in the car yet. Do you think that this would be a good upgrade motor wise or d oyou have anohter recommnedation?

Thanks,
Denis

wsaenotsock
2007.05.14, 10:19 PM
Hey,

Going from a stock motor to Speedy is night and day. Way faster and runs much cooler. I'd also add a ball bearing set to get it as free as possible. A nice ball diff would be good for reliability since the stock ones tend to break. No one at track runs a front one-way so I don't know how that would work. I'd like to try one since I don't use brakes (I use other cars and the wall to slow down).

What is your current setup?

usaserres
2007.05.14, 10:33 PM
Thank you for your response.

I have the 98mm extension kit on the car right now with 20deg fronts and 7deg rear but I still do not have a balanced car. The rest in the car is stock. The front is slow to go into the curve but if I put softer tires in front, then the car is very hard to keep on a straight line so I thought the ball diffs would help and that the front solid axle would also give me extra steering.

simpleskin
2007.05.15, 10:43 AM
I ran the front one way for a while on my 90mm Subaru body. It handled better than the ball diff but found that it chewed up the diff gear and I broke 2 sets of aluminum out drives. The one way was horrible when I ran it on my 98mm Ferrari. I'd stick with ball diffs front and rear.

Thank you for your response.

I have the 98mm extension kit on the car right now with 20deg fronts and 7deg rear but I still do not have a balanced car. The rest in the car is stock. The front is slow to go into the curve but if I put softer tires in front, then the car is very hard to keep on a straight line so I thought the ball diffs would help and that the front solid axle would also give me extra steering.

jbevins
2007.05.15, 04:40 PM
well you all much have some serious horse power at the Hobby Shop I run at we a box stock class and a super stock class in both classes I have never chewed or broken a stock gear diff of course the spec motor we use in super stock is a AWD X-Speed which may be why.
as far as setup I've used this setup since I've ran the car and it's been the top runner for quite a while! \
Front: Kyosho 1.5 knuckles Kyosho 0.6 toe out bar, medium springs and 30 deg Kyosho MT narrow tires
Rear: Kyosho 3.0 knuckles, Kyosho B toe bar, also medium springs and 3Racing 10deg wide tires
other options I've also installed 3Racing motor mounts, 3Racing motor cover, 3Racing bearings, Kyosho Ti drive shaft, 3Racing aluminum rims and Kyosho AWD X-Speed motor

this setup has worked great on ozite, not sure how well it would do on RCP