PDA

View Full Version : PN MidWest Regional

pinwc4
2007.05.17, 01:36 PM
Edited to change scope...

Our club is interested in organizing a regional event for the MidWest. I had noticed that the East and West Coasts seem fairly covered but no events scheduled within the middle of the US.

I am curious as to how many people would be willing to travel to Central Illinois for such an event? We are located in Decatur Il, about 3 hours from Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis.

The layout I would like to use would be like the PN World Cup 2006 layout as seen here:
http://www.pnracing.us/DSC_1324.JPG

Prizes will be given for the winners. Most likely we would have stock, modified and possibly F1 classes depending on interest.

So would you travel for such an event and what classes would you participate in?

pinwc4
2007.06.01, 12:37 PM
I am surprised at the lack of interest. No one outside of our club would be interested in this?

mini-z
2007.06.01, 12:49 PM
Looks like it's about 100 miles further than the Toronto regionals we went to last year - but I'll check w/ the crew. :)

MidwestRacer10
2007.09.02, 07:18 PM
i dont know if anyone is looking at this thread anymore but i would go. im not too far from there and have been looking for a place to race. i live about 30 min. south of rockford

pinwc4
2007.09.02, 07:38 PM
i dont know if anyone is looking at this thread anymore but i would go. im not too far from there and have been looking for a place to race. i live about 30 min. south of rockford

We do hold regular races and you are welcome to join. We occasionally do a big track event. Unfortunately there did not appear to be enough interest in a regional in this area.

You are probably about 2.5 hours from us.