PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual NYC Mini-Z Championship Trophy Race - June 24th!

ActionRC
2007.05.25, 12:11 AM
Keep the date open and register now! Action RC Mini Speedway in beautiful Staten Island, NY will be hosting the 1st Annual NYC Mini-Z Championship Trophy Race on Sunday, June 24th. This race will only be open to 33 drivers, so register now!

We will be running the following classes:

- Mini-Z MR02 Stock: This will be a handout motor class, and what better motor to hand out then the very best stock motor available - the PN Racing Speedy 07 BB!!!!
- Mini-Z AWD Open (Same rules as the normal Action RC Points Series.)
- Mini-Z MR015 Spec (Same rules as the normal Action RC Points Series.)
MR015 SPEC IS A HUGE CLASS AT ACTION RC AND I RECOMMEND THAT YOU TRY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CLASS - IT'S ONE OF THE LEAST EXPENSIVE CLASSES TO RUN IN AND IT IS ALOT OF FUN!!!

Some basics to the rules include:
All Classes:
1) Rubber tires.
2) Kyosho Autoscale body with full windows.
3) 3 ROUNDS OF 5 MINUTE QUALIFIERS, 7 MINUTE MAINS.
4) Core cards will be required. If you do not have one, please let me know when registering. They are $10 each, and I recommend having one in each car so you do not have to switch cards from car to car. You can run one card for all classes if you wish.

MR02
- 3004 or 3010 FET boards ONLY
- Handout and registered Speedy 07 Motor.

MR015
- Box-stock Kyosho motors and 3004 and 3010 boards - unmodified in any way.
- Any Autoscale body that does NOT fit an MR02.

AWD
- Modifications to the boards are permitted.

We will also have a Best Paintjob (Concours) Contest, so get those airbrushes and spray cans ready!!!

YES - IT'S TRUE! FOR A $25 ENTRY FEE YOU WILL RECEIVE A FREE $19.99 MOTOR FOR THE MR02 STOCK CLASS!!!! I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO RUN THE STOCK CLASS AND ONE OTHER CLASS AT LEAST TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AWESOME MOTOR DEAL!

There will be a $25 entry fee for the first class, $10 for the second class, and $5 for the third class. We will have normal points racing on Saturday night, and the track will be rearranged for Sunday's race. The track will be open for practice at 9:00am on Sunday, and racing will start promptly at 12:00pm. (Free bagels, juice, and coffee will be served from 9am - 11am.)

Trophies will be awarded to winners of each main, and prizes and raffles will also be awarded throughout the day. This is really going to be a great event, so please try to come. We've got lots of door prizes and raffles to give away from MRC, Action RC, RC Car Action Magazine, Intellect Batteries, and others!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. (It is better to email me than to post here so that I could respond quicker.) To register, email me or come to the track as soon as possible. Payment must be made with registration from this email. If you cannot come to the track, please call during our business hours with credit card payment ready. I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you soon!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
info@actionRCspeedway.com
www.actionRCspeedway.com
718-317-5420

Davey G
2007.05.25, 11:43 AM
Like Al said, this race is going to be a ton of fun. There is plenty of time to practice in the morning, TON of prizes being handed out throughout the day. These prizes are not rinky dink by no means. MRC is giving out chargers, SMC is giving out itellect blister pack AAA's, and much more. Dont miss out and get your entries in today!

k_bojar
2007.05.25, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a good time...Already making arrangements to get a car ready to run :)

What do you need to do to get one of the CORE thingies?

Davey G
2007.05.25, 12:48 PM
Kevin,

Al has them, its a 2 x 2 piece of paper basically that you tape to the inside of your body. Its that simple. Its simply an RFID tag. See you there bud!

Sounds like a good time...Already making arrangements to get a car ready to run :)

What do you need to do to get one of the CORE thingies?

k_bojar
2007.05.25, 12:58 PM
sounds good, Dave :)

I'm looking forward to it...been looking for an excuse to get a mini-z :)

pottbellysrc
2007.05.25, 01:20 PM
sounds good, Dave :)

I'm looking forward to it...been looking for an excuse to get a mini-z :)

Well Since Dave won't come down here for a whoopin on we'll come up there.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :p ..

Besides I might actually get to race the million dolla Mini Z....

Davey G
2007.05.25, 01:46 PM
Came to your facility twice........ cleaned house twice.

End of Story! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well Since Dave won't come down here for a whoopin on we'll come up there.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :p ..

Besides I might actually get to race the million dolla Mini Z....

pchan0
2007.05.25, 01:52 PM
I've got to talk to my rcbuddies about this race, hopefully I can make this one. :)

Sounds like it will be very exciting.

bermbuster
2007.05.25, 08:20 PM
north jersey belly boys will be there too.... me, mini berm, and jerzey joe.....
stock class will never be the same......

k_bojar
2007.05.25, 10:15 PM
north jersey belly boys will be there too.... me, mini berm, and jerzey joe.....
stock class will never be the same......

:eek:

Sounds like its gonna be a good time, George...

I wonder if Capt. Cheater is gonna run the stock class or the mod class? :confused:

I'm in for stock - never drove a mini-z before, so I don't wanna get too far over my head too fast :) Save that for the next mini-z event heheheh :D

ActionRC
2007.05.28, 10:38 PM
Glad to see everyone's looking forward to the race! Looking forward to meeting all of you! We're gonna' have a great time.

(No Mod class guys, just MR02 stock, 015 Spec, and AWD open.)

Oh, and by the way, some prizes are being provided by RC Driver Magazine, not RC Car Action. Sorry RCD!

pottbellysrc
2007.05.29, 08:47 AM
Came to your facility twice........ cleaned house twice.

End of Story! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah But that was then.. this is now...It's called the Next Chapter... :p and the tricks are coming.. Muahahahaaaa ups arrives friday :D :D :D

k_bojar
2007.05.30, 12:01 AM
Yeah But that was then.. this is now...It's called the Next Chapter... :p and the tricks are coming.. Muahahahaaaa ups arrives friday :D :D :D

Mini-z par-tay at Pottbelly's house - BYOB and BYOMz :eek: :D

herman
2007.05.30, 02:54 AM
wish everybody good luck... and happy racing... :D

oh yeah don't forget to post them pics... :D
especially the concours (best paint job) cars... :D

bermbuster
2007.05.30, 08:17 PM
hey al
i went to your website and im looking for the rules....spec and stock classes

ball diffs?? oil filled shock??, front springs??, elastic stop nuts??, bearings??
This way i can set the mini z s up to be legal....
thanks
george

arch2b
2007.05.30, 08:49 PM
wish everybody good luck... and happy racing... :D

oh yeah don't forget to post them pics... :D
especially the concours (best paint job) cars... :D
fyi, we setup a gallery just for this event, everyone is free to upload any event images to this gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1138) :)

CDR racing
2007.05.30, 09:06 PM
hey al
i went to your website and im looking for the rules....spec and stock classes

ball diffs?? oil filled shock??, front springs??, elastic stop nuts??, bearings??
This way i can set the mini z s up to be legal....
thanks
george

Bermbuster,
I race at ARCMS every week and help Al out. The Spec class is any hop-ups with the exception of the motor has to be a kyosho box stock motor, and the board must be stock. 3004 or 3010 are both allowed. The body must be a kyosho body that only runs on 02 or 015. The body cant be a body that fits an 02. Otherwise all performance parts are allowed. For stock, the motor will be a handout so dont have to worry about tht and the board must be 3004 or 3010 FETs. The only other rule is that the body must be a 1/28 scale body and the windows must still be in it. Can't quite go to town with the dremel for this one.

bermbuster
2007.05.30, 09:37 PM
thanks CDR....
we are looking forward to having some fun racing with you guys....

CDR racing
2007.05.31, 09:57 PM
thanks CDR....
we are looking forward to having some fun racing with you guys....

Right back at you. It will be a very fun day, trust me!

herman
2007.05.31, 10:32 PM
fyi, we setup a gallery just for this event, everyone is free to upload any event images to this gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1138) :)

cool... can't wait for them pics... :D

Davey G
2007.06.01, 09:06 PM
Hey Guys, here is the official sign up sheet for the "1st Annual Mini Z Championship Trophy Race"

Davey G
2007.06.11, 09:51 AM
Racing this past weekend was great. Really good turnout and the locals just keep getting faster! As always the facilty was spotless, and the races were run smoothly. The best part is, the Track is Air Conditioned!!! :D

Here is a pic of one of Action RC's previous layouts. Very big for Mini Z's! Take notice to the Nascar parafanalia on the surrounding walls. :p

ActionRC
2007.06.13, 10:27 PM
Hey, guys! Only a few spots left for the NYC Championship! Sign up soon if you haven't already!

Davey G
2007.06.15, 01:38 PM
Looks like more and more Vendors are participating in the raffles and door prizes for this event!! Not bad for a 1st Annual Race :eek:

Many people from all over the northeast are attending this event. Its going to be a good time. Looking forward to meeting new people, and hanging with the locals!

Davey G
2007.06.21, 01:48 PM
Officially...this is who sent race prizes for the first annual NYC Mini Z Champs!

Kyosho
Team Scream
MRC
shop.tinyrc.com
SMC (intellect)
BP Hobbies
3C Grafx
Action RC

I think you all will be pleasantly surprised to see what these companies sent. How about blister packs of AAA's, gift certificates, complete RADIO systems and much much more! No little bags of screws for this race!!!!

CDR racing
2007.06.21, 04:19 PM
Officially...this is who sent race prizes for the first annual NYC Mini Z Champs!

Kyosho
Team Scream
MRC
shop.tinyrc.com
SMC (intellect)
BP Hobbies
3C Grafx
Action RC

I think you all will be pleasantly surprised to see what these companies sent. How about blister packs of AAA's, gift certificates, complete RADIO systems and much much more! No little bags of screws for this race!!!!

Agreed. Nothing against Dave just saying that I am there more often and closer with Al(the owner) and we have been talking about this race a lot. Some chargers, gift certificates, batteries, everything and thats a free raffle! It will deffinately be worth the admission fee just in prizes. Plus, its a great place, always got some form of racing on the T.V. Lots of racing memorobilia on the walls. (Including the side of the #08 car of the recently banned from NASCAR Shane Hmiel and two drag slicks.) He also has tons of parts, cars, and not to mention great racing that we have there every satuday. It will be a great even hope to see people there and hope some of you will come back and join us for out points series every saturday.

CDR racing
2007.06.21, 04:21 PM
One last thing. Get your registration in NOW! The race is only three days away and theres only a few spots left.

herman
2007.06.22, 11:08 AM
still can't wait for them pics... :D

Davey G
2007.06.23, 06:54 PM
Many pics and vids will be posted for sure! More and more northeast big guns are coming to this event!

CDR racing
2007.06.24, 08:34 PM
WOW. Great Day! I am sure Al will be on at some point with pics and jus saying thanks and similar things but i wanted to say it too. We had a great time today. Some great racing(those of you there know that it wasnt really for me but in general lol), good competition. And not to mention that Dave really came through with the prizes. The charger was great, awesome radio system( I know i got one lol) and tons of other things that were mostly thanks to Dave. So thanks Dave! Also, Kyosho sent a whole silver skyline AWD readyset and drift tires! Even the smaller prizes were pretty cool. So Once again big thanks to Dave, for the prizes and for showing us all how bad us and our cars really were. Lol Thanks to all you guys who came too. You guys made it easy for Al and kept everything going nicely. Can't wait till nextime! Had a great time racing with all of you!

bermbuster
2007.06.24, 08:51 PM
First I want to thank Al....class operation and we are looking forward to coming back!!! Next I want to thank the sponsors....Dave G. is awesome.....
and I want to really thank all the racers....you guys are great and it was a really fun time.....

k_bojar
2007.06.24, 11:06 PM
Al - what an awesome show, thanks for running such a great facility for us to race our toys cars - considering the number of tracks closing these days, its great to see a track doing good (and not looking like its going anywhere)...Really makes it a good day for everyone...I just wish I could have gotten my stuff together BEFORE the mains :rolleyes: would have been interesting to see where I could have put my car :)

Dave - thanks for getting the race together :) Dude, you drive these mini things good :) Congrats on the 2 class wins :) oh yeah, and the concours winner :) You need a MR015 car and you could have had a clean sweep :eek:

THanks to all the sponsors - especially KYOSHO!! for sending over the AWD ReadySet, I've been wanting one of those for a while - just never could get myself to hand over the $$ for one, guess I don't have to now, huh :D

Also, but not last - thanks to all the racers who came out and made this a pretty cool event :)

See ya all soon

Kaybo

LouC
2007.06.25, 07:30 AM
Great time!!!
Thanks Al....whens the next one?

SaiTam
2007.06.25, 07:55 AM
Pics? Videos?

I wish I could go.

When's the next event gonna be?

Davey G
2007.06.25, 09:18 AM
This race was a total success, ACTION RC maxxed out the entry limit, and I didnt see anyone that was leaving without a smile on there face at the end of the day. Great prizes were handed out and some awesome racing! Congrats on putting on your first BIG trophy race ACTION RC!!!!

Pics and videos will be posted throughout the week!!!

arch2b
2007.06.25, 09:25 AM
This race was a total success, ACTION RC maxxed out the entry limit, and I didnt see anyone that was leaving without a smile on there face at the end of the day. Great prizes were handed out and some awesome racing! Congrats on putting on your first BIG trophy race ACTION RC!!!!

Pics and videos will be posted throughout the week!!!
don't forget the nyc champ gallery here for you use;)

junior
2007.06.25, 09:51 AM
The race was a great success. I know I had a blast...great racing and good times. I hope you all get to come down to some saturday night racing and can't wait for the next big event. Thank you to all the racers for great competition. And a big thanks to Al and Dave for hosting and sponsoring such a fun event.

sjm324
2007.06.25, 11:04 AM
The race was a great success. I know I had a blast...great racing and good times. I hope you all get to come down to some saturday night racing and can't wait for the next big event. Thank you to all the racers for great competition. And a big thanks to Al and Dave for hosting and sponsoring such a fun event.

Hey all, Great Racing, Great time. Thanks To AL for hosting a great event. Also DAVE G for getting great door prizes. I hope more of you can come to our regular sat night club races to support the track.

bermbuster
2007.06.25, 06:20 PM
i got home from work today and my son asked me when are we going back to Action to race again!!! After the race Dave G. helped me out with Franks car. All the turns had him over compensating the wheel. Being he won that awesome radio.....we made a trade....Im going to give him my helios....this way I can dial down the steering in a few ways until he can develop some wheel skills....
I wish I had the skills of Dave G....All the racers made us feel right at home and we are looking forward to racing and learning from all you guys......

Davey G
2007.06.25, 08:22 PM
Some pics of this race are posted here. http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1138 Feel free to post your own pics in this area as well.

kwikvdub
2007.06.26, 09:04 AM
Some pics of this race are posted here. http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1138 Feel free to post your own pics in this area as well.

To Al and the whole Action Speedway crew. Great job on making NYC Champs a grand success. The racing was very close and the mood was good all day..............And BTW, Nice touch with the Bagels and Coffee when you arrived in the morning.

To all the winners, Congrats!!.............. Especially Davey G. GREAT SHOW BRO!!............ You really put on a amazing display of driving. It was a honor making the show with ya.

........... And to all the Drivers who participated, it was nice seeing you all once again................ Remember to support your local Hobby stores in the area. That's how we keep places like Al's Speedway open.

Be well all and Happy Racing!!

Alex Valdes

herman
2007.06.27, 02:56 AM
congrats and great pics.... :D
hmm...
so you won stock and awd??? congrats...
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1138/thumbs/stock_winner.jpg
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1138/thumbs/awd_winner.jpg

LouC
2007.06.27, 07:46 AM
This was written by Al:

Hi, everyone! The first ever NYC Mini-Z Championships at Action RC Mini Speedway was a huge success! It was an absolutely great day! Here's a breakdown of the day for those of you who were fortunate enough to be there, and for those of you missed one heck of an event! (Check out the attached pics!)

THE TRACK: We ran an excellent layout that allowed the fast to be fast, and the precise to catch up quickly. (Some were both!) There were several fast sections, and several tight sections to allow drivers of all different specialties to excel. For those of you who want to run it again (or for the first time!), it will still be down on Tuesday night ONLY. Everyone loved this layout, and it was the perfect platform for tight, fast-paced racing.

THE DRIVERS: We had many regulars and many new drivers this weekend. As you know, Action RC survives through the support of it's racers, and we look forward to having some of our new drivers join the group of regulars for the best Mini-Z racing program around! Everyone followed the rules and had a great time. It was a pleasure having all of you!

THE FOOD: We started with a complimentary (free!) breakfast of bagels from South Shore Deli, juice, and coffee. As always, Town Deli was busy with our lunch orders, and just like every Saturday, we ate really well!

THE PRIZES: Boy did our sponsors pull through for this one! Everyone walked away with something, and some sure walked away with more than others! Prizes included:
KYOSHO - AWD Nissan Skyline Readyset, Kyosho Mini-Z Carry Bag, and a set of Drift Tires! COOL! Thanks to Tim J and all the guys at Kyosho!
SMC - Lots of Intellects, Decals, Shirts, and a really cool banner for me! Is there a better battery for Mini-Z's than the Intellect? I think NOT! It is the "unofficial-official" AAA at Action RC!
RC DRIVER - Lots of decals, free magazine cards, and T-Shirts!
MRC - Super Brain chargers and lots of cool decals!
DAVE G - A sweet Custom-Painted Mini Cooper Body! This thing was HOT!
BP HOBBIES - Two Hitec 20 model memory radios, AAA Batteries, and motor wires!!!
TEAM SCREAM - Lots of Motor Lube and Com Drops, which are always needed!
TINY RC - $10 gift certificates for the volunteers who helped out all day - Crop, Jim, Alex, Dave, and Anthony.

THE RACES: After some of the best qualifying races we've ever witnessed, the Mains were full of excitement! Here's a recap of some of the days events: (Results shown by name and laps in order of finish.)

* MR02 C-Main: Lil' Joe dominated the field from beginning to end, but not without Kevin B chasing him closely the entire time. It was a classic Lamborghini vs. Ferrari duel, but in the end it was all Murcielago.
1. Lil Joe - 33
2. Kevin B - 32
3. Drew A - 28
4. Mario A - 27
5. Lauris - 22
6. George B - 18

* MR02 B-Main: My opinion - the best race of the day! Tom Jr in his Lexus 430 started 5th and worked his way up to the front halfway through the race, and barely hung on to it with Jim F and Adam on his tail! Jim got as close as second, but Adam held the lead for several laps before Junior got by to take the top spot. Cropduster even took the lead early on, and Anthony and Davey even lead some laps!
1. Tom Jr - 36
2. Jim F - 36
3. Adam - 34
4. Anthony - 33
5. Davey - 33
6. Eric W - 31
7. Cropduster - 11

* MR02 A-Main: This was all Dave G from beginning to end. His McLaren was on fire as it weaved it's way through traffic several times, The best part of this race was the battle for 3rd between Alex, Lou, Al, and Eugene, all of whom finished on 38 laps within 7 seconds of each other! Tommy ran smoothly and consistently to capture and hold second place for most of the race in his red Enzo, (Tommy will attest to the excellence of Kyosho 20 rear slicks!)
1. Dave G - 41 (Who just snuck in the 41 in 7.08.42!)
2. Tommy B - 39 (Who just missed 40 with a 7.00.09!)
3. Alex V - 38
4. Lou C - 38
5. Al - 38
6. Eugene - 38

* MR015 B-Main: Eric dominated the field in his Lamborghini Jota from beginning to end. Al and Davey battled behind him, swapping 2nd and 3rd many times. Joe W and Frank B ran at Action RC for the first time to finish 4th and 5th. It was a fun race!
1. Eric W - 33
2. Al - 31
3. Davey - 31
4. Joe W - 29
5. Frank B - 14

* MR015 A-Main: The early part of this race had Eugene, Adam, Lou, and Crop battling closely for 1st through 3rd. As the dust settled, Eugene's Chrysler 300C settled comfortably in first, and Crop in 2nd, but Adam and Tom Jr slugged it out for 3rd to the very last turn of the last lap! It was a very cool race, keeping the spectators' eyes glued to the track!
1. Eugene - 37
2. Cropduster - 35
3. Adam - 34
4. Tom Jr - 34
5. Lou C - 14
6. Anthony - 9

* All Wheel Drive B-Main: This was one of the best races of the day! Lou, Tony L, Crop, and Eric battled for the lead the entire race until Eric fell out with 7 laps to go and Crop went down a lap at the very end. Tony's beautifully painted Acura NSX stayed on Lou's bumper the entire race! This was a great one!
1. Lou - 37
2. Tony - 37
3. Crop - 36
4. Eric - 30
5. Anthony - 8

* All Wheel Drive A-Main: Dave G sure knows how to lead a race! He lead once again from beginning to end, with Adam and Eugene battling for 2nd the entire race, and Al and Alex battling for 4th the entire race. The races within this race were really exciting!
1. Dave G - 42
2. Adam - 39
3. Eugene - 39
4. Al - 37
5. Alex V - 36

* Concours: As if Dave G didn't 'whoop our butts' enough ON the track, he destroyed the rest of the entries OFF the track as well with his amazing paint job on his McLaren. Lou had a strong showing with his NASCAR test car, as did Crop's 350Z and Tony's NSX. Great work guys!

I thank all of you who spent your day at Action RC Mini Speedway for the first NYC Mini-Z Championships. Special thanks go to:
- Thank you once again to all of our sponsors, who truly helped to make this a very special event.
- A very special thank you goes out to Dave G, who was a tremendous help in gathering up sponsors and prizes, promoting the event, and for being so enthusiastic and supportive about Mini-Z racing at Action RC.
- I would also like to thank Cropduster, who worked the counter and called the races all day, AND helped me this and every Saturday for the last two and a half years to get Action RC ready for the day's races. His help is instrumental to me, and I can't thank him enough for all that he does behind the scenes that most people don't even realize he does.
- Thank you to Alex and Jim for helping to call the races so that I could actually get out there and race as well when Crop and I were in the same race. Your help was very much appreciated. Alex definitely has a future in professional RC race announcing. ("Yeaahhhh!!!")

Remember - if you enjoyed racing at Action RC, let people know about it! Get on the forums! Tell your coworkers, friends, and family, and bring them by one night! Without growth, Action RC cannot survive. If you are a current driver at Action RC, and bring a friend who buys a car, you and your friend race for free that night! Also, if you help book a birthday party, you will receive a $25 gift certificate to spend however you like at Action RC! I hope to see all of you again really soon, and thank you all once again for an excellent event. They'll be another special event soon, so stay posted!

ActionRC
2007.06.27, 05:11 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who made Sunday's "Action RC Mini Speedway NYC Mini-Z Championships" such a great event. I had a blast, and I am glad that all of you did as well. I hope to see all of you again very soon. In the summer, things do slow down, and this is when the track needs your support more than ever.

This week is Week # 1 of the 17th(!!!) Points Series! If you have never run for points, it is so much fun, and really adds to the racing experience. You only need 5 out of 8 weeks, but it's always good to make the first few weeks so you see how well (or how badly!) your series is starting off.

Thanks, Lou, for posting the email I sent to everyone in my address book. I think that message really sums up what a great time we had, and my most sincere thanks to everyone for coming to Action RC Mini Speedway.

I'll be announcing the next event shortly. Here's a hint: Some cars will be going sideways, some will be going 'round and 'round, and some really don't like it when the wheels touch. Hmmm.... (Have some fun with that one!)

(If you are NOT on the mailing list, email me at info@actionRCspeedway.com and I'll add you on.)

Al
Action RC

bermbuster
2007.06.27, 08:41 PM
bring on the point series....... :D
we are looking forward to improving our skills and learning from all the fast guys........

Davey G
2007.06.28, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=ActionRC]I'll be announcing the next event shortly. Here's a hint: Some cars will be going sideways, some will be going 'round and 'round, and some really don't like it when the wheels touch. Hmmm.... (Have some fun with that one!)

Some dont like it when the wheels touch?

Micro T and or Overland racing with Jumps?

Indoor Airplane Pylon racing?

Or do you mean when the wheels touch each other? Like open wheel F1 Cars.

Drew From Pottbelly's RC thought it would be cool to run the F1 Cars on the oval, wouldnt that be a site! <Insert Carnage Here>

After seeing that Micro T run at the Trophy event really makes me want to get one of these, whatcha think about racing these with Jumps AL? Offroad is my thing ya know!!!! :)

mini-z
2007.06.28, 11:02 AM
Great write up guys - I love that our prizes went to the volunteers, how cool! :)

Davey G
2007.06.28, 09:36 PM
Great write up guys - I love that our prizes went to the volunteers, how cool! :)

David: Whatcha think of the pics? Nice track eh?? Thanks again for all that you provided, your assistance with this event was MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

bermbuster
2007.06.29, 07:11 AM
how do you guys set up the cars for the nascar oval racing?

kwikvdub
2007.06.29, 01:00 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who made Sunday's "Action RC Mini Speedway NYC Mini-Z Championships" such a great event. I had a blast, and I am glad that all of you did as well. I hope to see all of you again very soon. In the summer, things do slow down, and this is when the track needs your support more than ever.

This week is Week # 1 of the 17th(!!!) Points Series! If you have never run for points, it is so much fun, and really adds to the racing experience. You only need 5 out of 8 weeks, but it's always good to make the first few weeks so you see how well (or how badly!) your series is starting off.

Thanks, Lou, for posting the email I sent to everyone in my address book. I think that message really sums up what a great time we had, and my most sincere thanks to everyone for coming to Action RC Mini Speedway.

I'll be announcing the next event shortly. Here's a hint: Some cars will be going sideways, some will be going 'round and 'round, and some really don't like it when the wheels touch. Hmmm.... (Have some fun with that one!)

(If you are NOT on the mailing list, email me at info@actionRCspeedway.com and I'll add you on.)

Al
Action RC Can't wait for the next one. Great job!!.............. Long live MINI-Z!!!! :)

Davey G
2007.07.02, 03:09 PM
It seems as if more and more local tracks are closing down. This is your opportunity to pick up a mini z and stop down at ACTION RC in Staten Island NY.

joantlim
2007.07.18, 11:34 AM
HEY AL!!!!! You got the aluminum spur gear for AWD?????!!!!!!! How ya doin!!!!???? Like I mentioned before, I had a great time at the trophy race. Oh yeah, I took your advise on replacing the springs with hard ones. Hope it'll work for me this Thursday.

TONY ("MANTANA") "...make way for the bad guy...!!!"