PDA

View Full Version : MiniZ MR02 and iwaver M2 ?

PatoConcha
2007.05.28, 12:18 PM
Guys you have any info about the comparions between MR02 MiniZ and iWaver M2 ? ... mainly the question its about letting the 2 race together in stock class and reliability issues in the 2 ...

thanks a lot ...

Pat

Programmers
2007.05.28, 04:10 PM
I would expect the iW M2 to be legal for the stock class. I don't like where they've gone with the M2 'cause you can't just transfer over mini-z parts now... However, they might've made something good this time unless the 2.0 is anything to go by.

4_cell_racer
2007.05.28, 05:35 PM
I've got the 02M, and up to now seems OK (apart from the battey straps!!) I've also got a IW02 :rolleyes:

The 02M's build quality seems a lot better than the IW02!

I've yet to race the 02M, but will do very soon :D

I've got a small problem with the battery hold down straps/clips, as they will lift up which allows a cell to rise :o working on trying to sort it out!!

See you soon Programmers ;)

Programmers
2007.05.28, 06:22 PM
Haha, sneeeaky. :cool:

4_cell_racer
2007.05.28, 06:29 PM
In what way Tom :confused: :p

Also forgot to say......there's NO brake function with the 02M I got, it goes straight into reverse :rolleyes:

mk2kompressor
2007.05.29, 02:03 AM
some people(jonny for one ;) ) prefer no brake,it makes it quicker to reverse and get going again if you crash :p
ive tried the abs on mine its pretty poo imo

Programmers
2007.05.29, 05:33 AM
Hehe, I just mean I wouldn't have known who you were until you said that. :D

The 2.0 has no break either, it's an okay feature, but not if you need to slow down fast - like if you loose control. It takes some getting used to.

jollyboss
2007.06.02, 05:11 PM
Aren't 02M not available yet?
Tower hobbies says mid june...
However..I have a MR02 deluxe..it has chassis as the 02M(with the new rear suspension and esternale servo)but the electronics in AM.
has brake,I use a Nanodragon2 tx that has over the EPA also the exponential(both channel),but My issue is another:when I suddelnly brake the car makes an almost 180° ALWAYS turnig leftside.
I've not managed to understand if it's a suspension problem,or mayby a diff problem(I'm running stock setup).
Servo trimming is ok,car runs straight.I was wondering that it's the diff,maybe too loose(you can "adjust" the stock one tightening more or less the wheel nuts).
Any suggestion?
Thanks!

4_cell_racer
2007.06.07, 05:20 AM
jollyboss,

I got my 02M here in the UK :D

HaCo
2007.06.07, 12:52 PM
jollyboss,

I got my 02M here in the UK :D

Where did you get it? How does it drive? Any improvements on qual at all?

Jonny
2007.06.07, 01:47 PM
Do you guys know there's already been discussion on the 02M?

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21823&page=5&pp=15

Jonny

TinRacers
2007.06.12, 05:54 AM
Guys you have any info about the comparions between MR02 MiniZ and iWaver M2 ? ... mainly the question its about letting the 2 race together in stock class and reliability issues in the 2 ...

thanks a lot ...

Pat

Hi guys!

I've been working on the 02M for a while now and I think it's a great car. I personally believe it's better than the MR02. I've installed the V2 Power Board from At**icM*ds.com and am getting a strange problem. The board runs directly on the motor output from the Rx board on the car. This is the signal to control the FETs that pulses power through to the motor from the batteries. No mods are done on the RX board... the V2 simply gets its power from the batteries and passes a regulated 6V through to the RX board on the car. The V2 then delivers power from the batteries to the motor. There is more info here: V2 Power Board (http://www.**********.com/Categories/QandA-1-28-V2-Power-Boards.aspx#V2_Troubleshooting)

As soon as I install the V2 board, I lose 80% of the control distance. Everything else works fine. If I connect the RX power straight from the batteries instead of the regulated 6V from the V2 board, it's a little better but not much. Any Ideas what my cause this?

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IwaverMod3.jpg

Cherub1m
2007.10.15, 03:31 PM
4 cell racer

Have you raced your iwaver 02 M yet? if yes what surface and how did you do?

Cherub1m

Cherub1m
2007.10.15, 03:32 PM
Tinracer

Same question. Have you raced your iwaver 02 M yet? if yes what surface and how did you do?

Cherub1m