PDA

View Full Version : New Atomic motors defect...

ByronF1
2007.05.28, 07:42 PM
The new motors have a little defect, dont push hard when you are installing the pinion, because all will go out on the opposite side... be careful... by the way I like the Stock R....

Aurora
2007.05.29, 09:53 PM
The chilli is indeed thrilling fast, and I end up tuning my AD band board to a high DRI FREQ to make the motor more manageable in a small track.

One word of caution about the Stock R and Chilli is with their new SMD capacitors board on the motor (the little board soldering three small capacitor at the endball), the motor will only work best with either the original kyosho metal or the new Atomic air-scoop motor cover, which is completely opened at the bottom. Luckily, both does seem to run cool after a 5-10 minutes non-stop mid-high speed run.

If you use three 3 racing or the PN air-scoop motor cover, it might not fit perfectly and maybe some minor mods have to be done on the cover to make it a perfect fit for either motor.

color01
2007.05.29, 11:42 PM
Why not just turn the endbell around so the cap faces upwards? You only have to remove a small bit of the motor shield at the most...

Btw, you're supposed to install pinions with the shaft resting against something hard.

CedMan
2007.06.27, 10:14 AM
I clipped off a bar from my PN mount to make it fit, not a problem.

Miko
2007.08.14, 09:15 AM
The new motors have a little defect, dont push hard when you are installing the pinion, because all will go out on the opposite side... be careful... by the way I like the Stock R.... Is that faster than atomic awd stock motor?