PDA

View Full Version : robitronic lapcounter

herman
2007.05.30, 03:09 AM
hi folks... just wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with this type of lap counter.... and wondering if there are any reviews on it...

http://www.robitronic-usa.com/index.php?page=736

thanks for any reply... :D

Red Team
2007.05.30, 11:36 AM
hi folks... just wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with this type of lap counter.... and wondering if there are any reviews on it...

http://www.robitronic-usa.com/index.php?page=736

thanks for any reply... :D

As I said in the other thread, it's a great and reliable system that we are using for almost 6 months now. Still didn't got the chance yet to use the advanced software which we bought for 100 Euros. I know that are some reviews for this but I have to found it...I'll keep you informed if I can found that.

Here it is the review: http://mini-zracing.com/blog/_archives/2006/4/20/1898903.html

If you used a search you could find it very easy, even on this forum !

herman
2007.05.30, 11:45 PM
well actually i did use the search function... and i did actually find the review you pointed out... but i was wondering if there was anybody else on the forums apart from you and haco using the system...

what software are you currently using for the system? are you using the software on race control management (h t t p : / / w w w . r c p .c h/)? wonder if the freeware is hard to use...

thanks again red team... really appreciate your response.... :D

Steft191
2007.11.22, 12:58 PM
I use the robitronic system for about a month now, here at our private racing club and that's a great system, the hardware is perfect....the transponders are very small and work very well....but the racing software is so so.........The RCM Advanced is awfull to use....and the beginner version of RCM do the job to manage a race, but that's all.....

In fact I'm looking for another software to use with the Robitronic System....but I'haven't find nothing out there yet....

Red Team
2007.11.22, 03:32 PM
well actually i did use the search function... and i did actually find the review you pointed out... but i was wondering if there was anybody else on the forums apart from you and haco using the system...

what software are you currently using for the system? are you using the software on race control management (h t t p : / / w w w . r c p .c h/)? wonder if the freeware is hard to use...

thanks again red team... really appreciate your response.... :D

Man, I know it's a long time...somehow I was away from this area....sorry...anyway, I don't know if you already bought a counter but Steft191 is right, the hardware it's great but the rcp advanced soft for which we pay 100 Euro, it's a bit tricky and complicated to use....and the free one...it's to basic :D
As far as I know, which Robitronic Lap Counter, you can not use other software...but hey, we pay a lot of money so I put some Dexter kids at our track to deal with this soft..they learn it faster and now they are in charge :D

cvt01
2009.03.21, 04:17 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm looking at buying this system and wondering if there was any improvement on the software side in the last year or so. Any other opinion or new users experience are welcome too.

WeBoC
2009.04.06, 07:00 AM
We use this at our club for about 3 years now.
We had some problems with the group-start but we have a work-around.
Reset the interface-box by pulling the power out :D

We tried using the Advanced but abandon it because its complex.That was 2 years ago.

One of our clubmembers has written a small program to capture some fields from the last saved report from the RCM Basic and then we can copy/past this into an excel-sheet we use.
We are having a look at RCM Advanced again to see that we can figure it out better but we are also thinking of a kind of import of key fields from the generated report by RCM Basic into Excel where we will write a own version of a Race Manager.

dxm2
2009.04.06, 11:02 AM
I have a Robitronic system and am not sure I would get another one. The software is neither user friendly nor cost effective. The fact that you need to buy the Voice module to get race start buzzer is just goofy. Also, as many have mentioned before, the free software has too few features and the Advanced is too complicated. On the positive side, I do like the size of the transponders and I have been very impressed at their user support on both the hardware and software side.

XPowerRC
2009.05.13, 10:28 PM
anyone know where dthe Robitronic Transponder should be connected on a Mini-Z 2.4 GhZ model?:confused:

herman
2009.05.14, 12:21 AM
from what i know... to the battery source... red (+ positive) black (- negative)
now if i can have somebody confirm this... :D

WeBoC
2009.05.14, 05:23 AM
from what i know... to the battery source... red (+ positive) black (- negative)
now if i can have somebody confirm this... :D
Indeed, thats's how I do it.

I added little connectors because we use different types of transponders in the different series we have over here in Belgium.

herman
2009.05.14, 05:39 AM
pretty cool connection... it looks pretty small without the housing...

dxm2
2009.05.15, 04:31 PM
Hi WeBoC,

Great idea! I'll try it this weekend. We've been having issues getting them to register through the windshield and this might solve it.

Ensonic
2009.08.23, 03:02 PM
Hi Robitronic Users,

try this :

http://www.hui-rennzeitnahme.de/

It's very good, and for Robitronic the Full Version cost only 69 Euro.

peter-pan20
2009.09.14, 12:42 PM
We use this HUI too, and i can say its better cheaper and simple to use.

Greats from Rhineland-Palatinate

dxm2
2009.09.14, 01:03 PM
Hi Peter-pan20,

I can't read the web page on this. Is there an english language option for the lapcounter?

peter-pan20
2009.09.17, 11:04 AM
Hi dxm2,

you can change the language in the Software in to english.

Download Link
http://down.item-software-systems.com/HUI_Rennzeitnahme_V2_14_0_setup.zip

Just click on "Einstellungen" and then "HUI-Setup"

I only found a german manual for the software, but if you play a little with the software you will find out how it work┤s.

For Question contact Mr. Thiel Kohpei▀ he┤s the programmer of the software and he will help you.

dxm2
2009.09.18, 11:10 AM
Thanks Peter! I'll give it a try. Is this the full version? Do I need to purchase the password?

HaCo
2009.11.04, 02:00 PM
Hey guys,
Don't know if you had any trouble with Group Start: normally it only counts 1 lap and than it's over. Solution: once the software is started and connected with the timing system, reset the timing system by repluging the DC-connector.
Discovered this by accident ;)

Red Team
2009.11.04, 02:34 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

Can you find a way to have sound, ie a beep when the car pass the bridge ?

HaCo
2009.11.06, 01:06 PM
Yes, you need RCM voice. It's only 25EUR, we have it and it's great. Worth the money, although with groupstart the standings are not correct...

Red Team
2009.11.06, 01:43 PM
Thanks !

Do you still using the begginer version or you find out how to manage the advanced one ? Have you updated it ? If yes, have you noticed any new funtions ?

Thanks,
iulian

dxm2
2009.11.06, 01:58 PM
I'm running the "Begginer's" version and actually kind of like it, now. The RCM voice is a must and well worth it. I'd like better graphics and better reports, but I have not run the advanced version. We could not get the transponders to work consistently unless we removed them from the plastic case.

Red Team
2009.11.06, 02:34 PM
Nice HAT you've got there ;)

Is seems that we MUST take the voice...I've checked the presentation, it seems it's what we're looking for...and it's only 20 Euros.
The advanced version, as other has stated as well, it's a pain. We spent 100 Euros for nothing.
Haco did you found out how to manage it ?

HaCo
2009.11.06, 04:51 PM
Neither, we spend 100eur as well for nothing... :(

HaCo
2009.11.07, 11:12 AM
Has it been mentioned that there are regulary updates of the software?

Check at http://www.rc-timing.ch/en/index.html Last version of RCM beginners dates from Sept 09 which is not long ago... You'll find other freeware software there, as well as some demo's.

Red Team
2009.11.08, 04:32 AM
Hey guys,
Don't know if you had any trouble with Group Start: normally it only counts 1 lap and than it's over. Solution: once the software is started and connected with the timing system, reset the timing system by repluging the DC-connector.
Discovered this by accident ;)

Our problem with the Group Start it's that on the first run after we open the soft, it skip some laps on almost every guy at the track. First we thought that was something wrong with the connections on transponders on the car or with the transponders itself but then, on the next runs, without changing anything on the cars or system, worked correctly. It this ever happened to you ?
I need to update the soft. :)

HaCo
2009.11.08, 05:09 AM
Try the rest counter trick and see if it works... :)

Update your soft :p