PDA

View Full Version : Mod cars... have advantage?

ByronF1
2007.06.01, 01:36 PM
I mean does anyone try with a mod car, how many laps do over an stock? on this small tracks... how much advantage has a mod car...?

arch2b
2007.06.01, 01:39 PM
our experience has been that you almost do better on normal/standard size tracks with stock cars (hfay) due to consisitency than we do with mod cars.
we have found in dc that you really have to have the appropriate size track to take advantage of the benifits mod cars provide.

rharris
2007.06.01, 03:36 PM
Take a look at lap times and final lap count for last season of PN's world cup. You will notice that even the best of the best turn lap times and final counts that are very similar in both mod and stock classes.

The real difference is in the style of racing. Mod car racing tends to be more exciting and challenging. More power gives you more options when trying to pass. It also makes keeping the car planted allot more difficult.

I love mod car racing. But I turn better laps with my stock car.

It would be cool to add a Mod class to HFAY. But for now, stock is more accessable to folks. On the small track, with the new spec motor and 3010 fets you should have plenty of power to go around the small track.

Programmers
2007.06.01, 06:09 PM
our experience has been that you almost do better on normal/standard size tracks with stock cars (hfay) due to consisitency than we do with mod cars.
we have found in dc that you really have to have the appropriate size track to take advantage of the benifits mod cars provide.
I learnt that on my home track. Small tracks don't allow you to open the car up if it's fast.

marc
2007.06.03, 05:41 PM
True, this last weekend I raced my Atomic Mods AWD car which is rediculously fast and fortunetly, we had a very big track to run it on with two long straits. The car screamed on the straight aways and would not flip on the turns at all! Solid! Bigger tracks with long straights are better for faster cars. Also, dont' make the turns too tight either! Kills your lap time as you have to slow down for those turns.